FR:Key commands- pls make every toggled state its own separate key command and also the option to always work globally

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 10 can be posted here.
cinematree

FR:Key commands- pls make every toggled state its own separate key command and also the option to always work globally

Post by cinematree »

Please give the option to have separate key commands for a specific state of any toggled key command. For example, give separate key commands for each of the three select tool options, or for each of the grid types, for turning the grid on and off. The fact that I can't set a key command to just give me the plain old select tool without the other two pitch shifting etc options drives me insane!

Also, I use certain commands like the arrow keys for moving around the project (moving forward and back one bar with the arrow right and arrow left, and setting and going to left locator with up and down). It drives me crazy that I can't set those keys globally to work the same in any window - years ago it was that way. Now, when I'm in the mixer, the arrow keys move left and right in the mixer (which I never use) with the option to change it. Please give the option to make any key command global in all windows.
Using Cubase 10.0.15 with Windows 10 Pro, RME Madiface, Orion 32, Uaudio Thunderbolt Apollo 8, Apollo Twin, and a UAD Satellite

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: FR:Key commands- pls make every toggled state its own separate key command and also the option to always work global

Post by MattiasNYC »

+ 1 million.

If I may add to be even more clear;

There are also cases where I as a user want a certain thing to happen and I want to use a key command to trigger it. But because of the way many of us work we want to have our eyes in one place and simply use tactile feedback to trigger this, so we actually don't want to look at what the current "status" is - we just want to make sure what we need is selected.

And in addition to that I also agree with making commands global. It drove me nuts that not only are (or were) some commands only available on the mix page, but as pointed out some are also different on different pages. Heck, it's also annoying when having to first tab to a particular 'pane' or 'section' in order to trigger a function.

I've barked up this tree for years and as I mentioned previously I find it a bit... frustrating that some of the absolute best concepts in Nuendo really are either half-finished, or regress (get less good). To me this is an area where improved commands and macros would make the DAW significantly better in every day operation.

So....

+1 million... again...
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

HughH

Re: FR:Key commands- pls make every toggled state its own separate key command and also the option to always work global

Post by HughH »

Yes, please.

And there are Generic Remote commands that only work if a certain window is selected.

Editor, Show Lanes, Zoom Full, etc. etc.
All of the previous only do anything in the Project Window so there is no conflict.

Frustrating.
Nuendo 10, Pro Tools Ultimate 2019
i7 5820 Asus x99 Deluxe 64 Gig Win 10 Home, Dual Monitors RME Digiface PCIe
Dell XPS 15 7590 Laptop i9 (10th Gen) 32 Gig Win 10 MOTU 8Pre-ES
i7 920 Asus P6T 12G Win 7 Slave Machine
MCU Pro plus 2 Extenders (24 Chn)
X-Touch Compact for various stuff
Blackmagic Decklink Studio w/27" Monitor
UR22

cinematree

Post by cinematree »

MattiasNYC wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:05 pm
+ 1 million.

If I may add to be even more clear;

There are also cases where I as a user want a certain thing to happen and I want to use a key command to trigger it. But because of the way many of us work we want to have our eyes in one place and simply use tactile feedback to trigger this, so we actually don't want to look at what the current "status" is - we just want to make sure what we need is selected.

And in addition to that I also agree with making commands global. It drove me nuts that not only are (or were) some commands only available on the mix page, but as pointed out some are also different on different pages. Heck, it's also annoying when having to first tab to a particular 'pane' or 'section' in order to trigger a function.

I've barked up this tree for years and as I mentioned previously I find it a bit... frustrating that some of the absolute best concepts in Nuendo really are either half-finished, or regress (get less good). To me this is an area where improved commands and macros would make the DAW significantly better in every day operation.

So....

+1 million... again...
My thoughts exactly. +another million
Using Cubase 10.0.15 with Windows 10 Pro, RME Madiface, Orion 32, Uaudio Thunderbolt Apollo 8, Apollo Twin, and a UAD Satellite

Tumppi Järnefelt

Post by Tumppi Järnefelt »

+1
Intel i7-7700 @3.6 GHz, Win10 home, 64bit
ADK laptop i7, Win7 64bit home
Nuendo 8.xx
Nuendo 10.xx
PT 12.5
RME FF800
DTouch
http://www.finnvox.fi/en/cinepost

Valerio Daniele

Post by Valerio Daniele »

+1 !
Nuendo 10.3 | WaveLab 9.5
RME Fireface800 / Prism Sound Orpheus |
Windows7 64bit SP1 |
Xeon E5-2620 v2 CPU, Gigabyte X79-UP4, 16GB RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX470 video |
UAD-2 Quad, Sonnox Plugins, SoundToys plugs, Kontakt4, Ivory II, FabFilter Pro-Q, Antares Auto-Tune, Izotope RX

Yannick

Post by Yannick »

+1000 !!!

For example, why do my KC's for "expand/collapse" racks in the mixer only work when the window focus is on the mixer ???

there are tons of examples like this !

Regards
Yannick

ErikG

Post by ErikG »

Well...
The opposite would also be nice.
Single action functionality so you can be certain without checking a status indicator of how the status is set. And of course they should be global and not focus dependant.
Filmlance, a Swedish production company producing drama and feature films.
11xNuendo, 5xPT
Dubstage with 4k Christie projection
8xMedia Composer, VFX, online, grading and more

saxmand

Post by saxmand »

+1!

It would also be great if all key commands where accessible through drop down menu. It's only a selection that is so right now.
This is especially practical when automating things, but would also be a faster way to search for a command, rather then having to open the key command window and adding a trigger, you could just go to Help -> Search -> the name of the command and enter!
Mac OS 10.12

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

ErikG wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:54 am
Well...
The opposite would also be nice.
I actually think that's what we're all sayin :-)
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

ErikG

Post by ErikG »

Cool i misread the first post.
Yep we all want the same thing.
I read it as the OP wanted toggles for everything, but that was incorrect on my part.
Filmlance, a Swedish production company producing drama and feature films.
11xNuendo, 5xPT
Dubstage with 4k Christie projection
8xMedia Composer, VFX, online, grading and more

McSound

Post by McSound »

Yes, yes, YES!!! My wishes are the same!
Nuendo 10.3, Samplitude ProX5, Win 10x64 pro, i9900k, 32Gb, 512m2SSD, Gigabyte RTX2080Super , Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Monitor, Presonus VSL1818, 3 FullHD monitors, 1 FullHD TV, Avid Artist Control v2, Liine Lemur, Metagrid, Yamaha MOX8 keyboard

McSound

Post by McSound »

+1 000 000 !
Nuendo 10.3, Samplitude ProX5, Win 10x64 pro, i9900k, 32Gb, 512m2SSD, Gigabyte RTX2080Super , Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Monitor, Presonus VSL1818, 3 FullHD monitors, 1 FullHD TV, Avid Artist Control v2, Liine Lemur, Metagrid, Yamaha MOX8 keyboard

JohannesBerglund

Post by JohannesBerglund »

+1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nuendo 10.2.0 - Cubase Pro 9.0.1 - OSX Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro 5.1 12 core - 48GB - RX580 GPU - RME UFX+

PeterGx

Post by PeterGx »

I would say, we want all functions separate plus toggles, and all of them global that is.

Toggles are still good for reducing the amount of shortcuts, and easier to remember.
Why would one need separate keycommands for Video Edit mode for example? It is evident from the cursor shape.

cinematree

Post by cinematree »

They did it!!!! Cubase 10.5 has optional separate key commands for the different select tools and for snap on and snap off. So happy.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”