Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed - Results are online

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
Sonik

Re: Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed - POLL IS ONLINE

Post by Sonik » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:42 pm

Stereo / Mono toggle on the tracks [Mixing]
MacPro 8 core 16gb HD 5770 10.11.6|Cubase Pro 10.0.30|Wavelab 9.5|Studio One 4.5|Protools 12.4|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (14 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete10|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 2|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|

GlennO

Post by GlennO » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:53 am

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 am
I was kind of surprised as well that this wasn't mentioned. There are a lot of things missing that I get as requests on a regular base. I would suggest that we do these kind of polls every couple of month. We could keep the top 25 items and exchange the bottom half with new items.
With all due respect, the 50 items in the poll are definitely not the 50 most urgent feature requests. They are just 50 random requests that were posted by the first few people who happened to visit the forum shortly after you started this thread :).

Also, I wouldn't call these requests for "new features". If you look at the list, it's mostly complaints about shortcomings in existing features. I think it's great that you're making the effort to connect with users like this, but I wouldn't take the list too literally. I think the important message here is **not**: "here is the prioritization of things customers want". Instead, I think the important message here is: "the top priority for existing customers is: finish and fix the features that are already in Cubase so we can use the existing features effectively".
Cubase 10, MacOS 10.13, Avid Artist Mix

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:39 am

GlennO wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:53 am
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 am
I was kind of surprised as well that this wasn't mentioned. There are a lot of things missing that I get as requests on a regular base. I would suggest that we do these kind of polls every couple of month. We could keep the top 25 items and exchange the bottom half with new items.
With all due respect, the 50 items in the poll are definitely not the 50 most urgent feature requests. They are just 50 random requests that were posted by the first few people who happened to visit the forum shortly after you started this thread :).

Also, I wouldn't call these requests for "new features". If you look at the list, it's mostly complaints about shortcomings in existing features. I think it's great that you're making the effort to connect with users like this, but I wouldn't take the list too literally. I think the important message here is **not**: "here is the prioritization of things customers want". Instead, I think the important message here is: "the top priority for existing customers is: finish and fix the features that are already in Cubase so we can use the existing features effectively".
worry about your own productions, jeeze louise.

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:58 am

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:57 pm
Steve Helstrip wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 am
Surely it can't be hard to implement keyboard commands for existing features? ;-)
Maybe this should be the next poll: "50 key commands you would like to have in Cubase"

Add [KEYCOMMAND] to your comments and I will create a poll.
What a fab idea. May I start with Snap On and Snap Off. ie. not a toggle switch.

[KEYCOMMAND]
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 am

While we’re at it, perhaps a top 50 (yes 50) existing bugs that need to be addressed.
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:23 am

GlennO wrote:

Of course these are not the 50 most urgent feature requests. This is just a snapshot and it represents a fraction of the Cubase user base. But it is a start to improve the communication in this part of the forum. These results will not represent the development roadmap of Cubase, but they will definitely be analysed and considered by the team along many other sources.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:46 am

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:23 am
GlennO wrote:

Of course these are not the 50 most urgent feature requests. This is of course just a snapshot and it represents a fraction of the Cubase user base. But it is a start to improve the communication in this part of the forum. This results will not represent the development roadmap of Cubase, but they will definitely be analysed and considered by the team along many other sources.
Thank you this is fantastic.

I wonder if at any point, when analysis is leading to conclusions and a road is mapped, if somehow somewhere, focused discussion could be had about the particulars of each feature request/fix/tweak/etc could be discussed and brainstormed by forum users. For example, 'Improving External FX', - there could be a lot of particulars of how that could/should be done, and how it - shouldn't - be done. Perhaps, there could be sub-forum area for this with threads dedicated to each thing.

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:48 pm

The poll is officially closed. I will post the results in a separate thread.
Hamburg, Germany

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi Matthias, is this thread going further with the [KEYCOMMAND] idea or will you open a new one?

Maybe you can do a Keycommands one and then a list about the most important bugs to be adressed?

Thanks for this new approach
Film Composer - Argentina

Intel 9990k - Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390 - 64gb ram - Motu 24ao - Steinberg MR816x (2)
Windows 10 64bit - Cubase 10 Pro - Vepro 7 (two slaves)

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Pablo1980 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:08 pm
Hi Matthias, is this thread going further with the [KEYCOMMAND] idea or will you open a new one?

Maybe you can do a Keycommands one and then a list about the most important bugs to be adressed?

Good point. I will create a new thread for the key commands. Thanks!
Hamburg, Germany

skijumptoes

Re: Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed - Results are online

Post by skijumptoes » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:47 pm

Poll results are here anyone wondering - viewtopic.php?f=285&t=165135

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:24 pm

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 pm
Pablo1980 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Good point. I will create a new thread for the key commands. Thanks!
Thanks Matthias!
Film Composer - Argentina

Intel 9990k - Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390 - 64gb ram - Motu 24ao - Steinberg MR816x (2)
Windows 10 64bit - Cubase 10 Pro - Vepro 7 (two slaves)

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:36 pm

Checkbox in prefs: "Pre Roll Only When Record" [RECORDING]

viewtopic.php?t=160736
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 pm

"Swipe Feature" for Track Headers and Mix Console: swiping with your mouse over Solo/Mute/Rec Buttons e.g. [MIXING]
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:45 pm

adding Pool and Marker Window in the Right Zone ! [PRODUCTION]

viewtopic.php?t=122736

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Render In Place and Export Window: Checkbox "leave Mono Tracks > mono!" [MIXING / MASTERING]

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Render In Place and Export Window: add Checkbox: "render entire length, include the end of reverb or delay effects to "zero dB silence" [MIXING / MASTERING]

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:53 pm

Lower Zone: "completely unfoldable MixConsole in Lower Zone too"

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Improved Media Bay: "option to save Folders with content" (track stack or vsti track stack e.g.)

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Folder tracks: allowing to simple stacking VSTis in a folder like Logic! and editing this Folder Layer in one Midi/Key Editor together"

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:59 pm

Improved Channel Strip: "add Modern Mode-Button in Maximizer Slot", and "add Distortion FX in Saturation!"

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 pm

Modernized Midi Plugins: "better and bigger GUis", "more creative midi plugins", simple handling - drag/drop Midi Inserts Slots, Media Bay integration"

MW1

Post by MW1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:09 am

Disable mouse fader movement in the mix console!

viewtopic.php?f=285&t=148023

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”