Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed - Results are online

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
domus

Re: Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed - POLL IS ONLINE

Post by domus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Fix lower zone mixer so it's possible to choose to see faders, sends and inserts at the same time.

domus

Post by domus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:22 pm

Get rid of the annoying loop timeline thingie, it always gets activated when just moving around in the project

domus

Post by domus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Fix the tiny scrollers and something is off at high resolution so you have to click slightly under scrollers and midi events etc. cuz the hotspot is off

domus

Post by domus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Move tracks in the mixer console

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:47 pm

domus wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:24 pm
Move tracks in the mixer console
stop spamming. this isn't a feature request thread. it's a thread about a poll. learn to read.

Funkybot

Re: Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed

Post by Funkybot » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 am

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:58 am
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to set a budget limit per feature in our survey tool. So putting 100 on a single request is still possible. But, please be reasonable and try to allocate the budget to at least 5 to 6 different items.
You probably tried this already, but is there a way to set a minimum number of responses? For instance, maybe set a minimum of 5. Someone could still give one FR 96 points and 4 FR's 1 point each, but if you request a minimum of 5 maybe it would encourage people to be a bit more thoughtful in how points are allocated.

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:48 am

Hey it could be useful to know that a feature could be that important to someone.

Possible to divide or average the points based on how many people voted?

AP

Post by AP » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:38 am

Dear Steinberg please don’t make the same mistake as Cubase 8.5 by adding too many useless features
Like the edge pop ups.

You currently have an almost perfect DAW with Pro 10. All you need to do is update your audio engine
make it (Gap Less).

How hard can that be? You updated your audio engine a few years ago. Now every time you add an output or VSTi you get an interruption and the midi get out of sync.

Come on man!!
Cubase Pro 10.20. Latest 15" MacBook Pro i7, SSD, 16 GB Ram, OS 10.14 UR28M, CMC.

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:32 am

I checked the current results this morning and the ranking completely changed. There was seriously someone who took the poll 47 times. Allocating all of his 100 points to one feature every time. It took him (or her?) nearly 20 minutes trying to manipulate the poll.

I admire your commitment and passion about Cubase feature requests, but this doesn't help anyone.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

J Buckingham

Post by J Buckingham » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:53 am

If someone isn't logged into their account when they do the poll, how can it be determined how many times they have taken the poll?.
Cubase Pro 10 (Latest), i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:59 am

AP wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:38 am
How hard can that be?
This is the number one sentence on "10 things you should never say to a dev as a product manager".
Hamburg, Germany

cubic13

Post by cubic13 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:38 am

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:32 am
I checked the current results this morning and the ranking completely changed. There was seriously someone who took the poll 47 times. Allocating all of his 100 points to one feature every time. It took him (or her?) nearly 20 minutes trying to manipulate the poll.

I admire your commitment and passion about Cubase feature requests, but this doesn't help anyone.
Indeed... Again, an self-centered behavior, trying to cripple a collective approach... :roll:

Don't give up, though : the principle of it (a regular poll with a ranking by points) is great. Just hope that you'll find a way to publish more or less valuable results.

All the best, Matthias ! :)
DAW : i7-870 (HT enabled) - Asus P7-P55D-E - 16 Gb DDR3-1600 - 2 x WD Black Caviar 1 Tb - Radeon 6450 GPU (512 Mb) - Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64) / RME Fireface UCX + Behringer ADA8200
Soft & plug-ins : Cubase 6.5.5 (64), Cubase Pro 9.5.50 & 10.0.30 / Emulator X3 & several VSTis
Gear : Studiologic VMK-188+ / Akai MPD32 / Akai ME30P MIDI Patchbay / Korg 05RW / Roland D110 / Yamaha TX802 / Pre-MIDI stuff.

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 am

Is there no way to have email sign up cross referenced to MySteinberg accounts?

ie, you should only be able to vote if you have an iLok with a Cubase license. and then someone could only vote once.

Maybe it's time to code an official polling system built right into the DAW (disabled in preferences if one wants) in the 'new/open project window' where there is also update news. This would be innovative itself.

Anando

Post by Anando » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:19 pm

cubic13 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:38 am
the principle of it (a regular poll with a ranking by points) is great.
Yes, but nowadays only if you take precautions against abuse. Such surveys are nearly always manipulated when that is possible. It's not enough to appeal to people's reason, you need software that makes manipulation of the poll a hard task.
Cubase Pro 10.0.40 • Win10 1809 Pro • Intel i7-7700K 4,2 GHz / 32 GB • Asus Z270-A • Intel Graphics 630 (on chip)
Steinberg UR22, MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid (USB)
VSL, NI, u-he, FabFilter, Melda, Valhalla, iZotope, ...

Funkybot

Post by Funkybot » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:59 pm

That doesn't surprise me at all. I hope you deleted all 47! As a rule, I'd personally delete any 1 or 2 response surveys (like you already said, even < 5 I'd be cautious about). My honest advice would be to handle these types of request via emails to Cubase registered users [something like a Survey Monkey corporate account is inexpensive]. Something where each email can be setup to include a unique link associated to each account holder and that will prevent multiple requests [or having to go in and look for duplicates and clean them up manually].

I suspect, based on other surveys I've been involved with, that most Cubase users would ignore an email survey, a small percentage would consider it SPAM, but you might be able to get a response rate somewhere between 4 and 11%. Across the entire C10 population, or even just a smaller subset, that might yield better results than a forum survey and allow for more control. If you were to keep the survey short, to the point (like this one), and avoid personal questions (I hate when I'm asked about income and expenditures on music gear), you could really get a decent response rate. And with more responses, it'll be easier to develop a product/feature roadmap, meaning fewer surveys (once a year, once every two years).

Just a friendly suggestion.

cubace

Post by cubace » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:49 pm

If I write a script that generate a zillion responses do I get then?

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:52 pm

Soooo ..... are we finally going to get Cubase for Linux then, given it's massive popularity in this poll, with 47 people giving it 100 points? :-)
(seriously though, it's wasn't me ....)
Windows 10 • Cubase 9.5.50 • WaveLab 9.5.50 • SpectraLayers 6.0.10 • HALion 6.3.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.10 • Midex

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:55 pm

Funkybot wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:59 pm

That doesn't surprise me at all. I hope you deleted all 47! As a rule, I'd personally delete any 1 or 2 response surveys (like you already said, even < 5 I'd be cautious about). My honest advice would be to handle these types of request via emails to Cubase registered users [something like a Survey Monkey corporate account is inexpensive]. Something where each email can be setup to include a unique link associated to each account holder and that will prevent multiple requests [or having to go in and look for duplicates and clean them up manually].

I suspect, based on other surveys I've been involved with, that most Cubase users would ignore an email survey, a small percentage would consider it SPAM, but you might be able to get a response rate somewhere between 4 and 11%. Across the entire C10 population, or even just a smaller subset, that might yield better results than a forum survey and allow for more control. If you were to keep the survey short, to the point (like this one), and avoid personal questions (I hate when I'm asked about income and expenditures on music gear), you could really get a decent response rate. And with more responses, it'll be easier to develop a product/feature roadmap, meaning fewer surveys (once a year, once every two years).

Just a friendly suggestion.
The only emails I don't ignore are the ones with deals on plugins and software I want :D

Maybe combine the surveys with deals, or sample pack give aways for Halion/GA.

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 am

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:59 am
AP wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:38 am
How hard can that be?
This is the number one sentence on "10 things you should never say to a dev as a product manager".
Surely it can't be hard to implement keyboard commands for existing features? ;-)
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

Denis van der Velde

Post by Denis van der Velde » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:30 am

When you buy C10 and W95, for instance the Frequency EQ Plugin, Can run in C10, Cant run in W95.
I have made a project in C10 where i used Frequency plugin a lot. In hope to have in Wavelab the Frequency Plugin.
I made Presets for all tracks, in hope to edit batch with the Frequency plugin and these presets.
You just cant do that...
I think if you buy both C10 and W95 you should have the plugins for both working.

Instead i had to use Fabfilter Pro Q2 and yes that works in C10 and W95...
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C95,W95,Halion6,Groove Agent,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFI Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:57 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 am
Surely it can't be hard to implement keyboard commands for existing features? ;-)
Maybe this should be the next poll: "50 key commands you would like to have in Cubase"

Add [KEYCOMMAND] to your comments and I will create a poll.
Hamburg, Germany

Outsounder

Post by Outsounder » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:01 pm

There were a few missing common requests in the forum from this pole. Fix longstanding bugs and update the Eucon adapter before introducing new features and breaking cubendo more!
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/16gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram. Win 7 64bit, Cubase 9.5 Pro/Cubase 10/ Studio One 4 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, SonicCore/Scope DSP Audio System, Presonus Sceptre S6 monitors. Avid Artist Mix/Control and Transport. Software includes NI Komplete 10, Halion 6, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries etc etc.

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:07 pm

[KEYCOMMAND] open the "audio related" channel settings in a midi track.

I don´t know how to explain it properly but the procedure would be that if I a select a midi track and press the keycommand it should open the AUDIO channel settings of the instrument track or rack that is connected to that midi track

[KEYCOMMAND] Open inserts plugins selection dropdown menu in the channel settings or the inspector.

[KEYCOMMAND] The same with the fx chains selector in the inserts tab
Film Composer - Argentina

Intel 9990k - Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390 - 64gb ram - Motu 24ao - Steinberg MR816x (2)
Windows 10 64bit - Cubase 10 Pro - Vepro 7 (two slaves)

Orestis

Post by Orestis » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:02 pm

This is not new but supposed that will be fixed in the next updates hopefully ...

D.O.P. -> Pitch Functions
(need to work with an unlimited number of audio excerpts 100%, as expected,
IS NOT WORKING STILL in 10.30).
viewtopic.php?f=286&t=150657&p=850105#p850105

D.O.P. -> Process with ENTER key
viewtopic.php?f=286&t=155252&p=833832#p833832
Intel i7-5820K @ 3.30Ghz / 64GB Ram / MSI X99A Raider
Nvidia MSI GTX 1060 6gb / RME ADI-2 Pro FS + Fireface 800 + ADI-8DS
UAD 8-cores / Windows 10-64bit 1809 / Cubase 9.5.50 / 10.0.20
MacBookPro Retina i5 @ 2.4Ghz / 10.11.6 / 8GB Ram
UAD Apollo Twin Thundr.2/C

WMD

Post by WMD » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:42 pm

PLEASE have something like a Plug-in "Master Controller". So i can disable the all same Plugins at once without searching. I.E Bypass every RVox Compressor with one click. (Very usefull for plugins that mess with the buffer, like De-breath plugins).
And so i can globally change the Pitch Correct Key.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”