Missing file recovery program.

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
ColinPark

Missing file recovery program.

Post by ColinPark » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:23 am

Many users experience missing content upon startup, or when they browse presets and come up short. This starts a quest through the file system searching for the missing files. Sometimes, one gets lucky and finds a missing file is or isn't in "Roaming", or whatever. Often, there's no such luck. Then people try to re-install, which may or may not work.

If a person is missing one vstpreset file (for example), it would be nice to just download the missing file and put it in the right place. Of course, it's easy to mess that up, and mistakes could cause new problems that nobody can fix.

I'm suggesting a utility program that checks an installed Cubase system, comparing actual installed files against should be installed files. It would then set up a download/update/install option allowing the user to bring the system up to standard. Another mode of usage would allow a user to enter the name of a missing file (as typically reported by Cubase), and try to download/move/copy/install it. I suppose this utility could also read some kind of standard error file that might be produced during a Cubase crash.
Win 10 (64 bit), 3.5GHz i7-4770K, 32GB RAM, Sabertooth Z87, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, RME fireface UFX, Novation 61SL MkII keyboard controller, Yamaha HS7 monitors. Cubase Pro 10.0.30 [build 236], HALion 6, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet; Ozone 8 Adv, Neutron 2 Adv, Rx7 Std; Sonarworks Ref 4; Melodyne Essential 4.2.2.004

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”