Visivility tab for Midi editor.

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
arieln

Visivility tab for Midi editor.

Post by arieln » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:00 am

Hi there!

Same as project and mixer windows, allowing to show / hide channels instead of individual events, as well as being able select the current recording channel and lock the midi editor so it doesn't keep changing all the time when working along in the project window.

I usually deal with tons of midi tracks (orchestral kind of thing), and it really is very frustrating the fact that each time I click something on the project window to do some small edit, I have to go back and re-select all the events I was previously working on.
Same for recording, it is a constant mouse jumping to go from the Midi to the Project editor.

Thanks!
Cubase Pro 10.5 / Windows 10 64bits

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: Visivility tab for Midi editor.

Post by raino » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Preferences/Editors - uncheck "Editor Content Follows Event Selection"
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

arieln

Re: Visivility tab for Midi editor.

Post by arieln » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:13 pm

raino wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:58 pm
Preferences/Editors - uncheck "Editor Content Follows Event Selection"
Hey, thanks!, didn't know about that, it should definitely help!

Still, a visibility tab would speed up workflow a lot and help avoiding the jumping between windows all the time.
Also having it per track as oppose to per event, would help when having lots of small events. In anything but a short session, it becomes a mess pretty quickly.
And, right now, we have to close the editor for the current selection and open a new one, or it will keep open new windows all over the place.

Still, really appreciate the tip!, I was looking for something like that, and looked everywhere but there :P
Cubase Pro 10.5 / Windows 10 64bits

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”