Top 3 Feature Requests or Bug Fixes You'd Like in Next Major Release

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
cubic13

Re: Top 3 Feature Requests or Bug Fixes You'd Like in Next Major Release

Post by cubic13 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:02 am

1) A clarification of the remote control features : among Generic Remote definitions, Remote Control Editor (which should be fused with Generic remote definitions, IMO, to be able to use any remote controller to drive either Cubase or a chosen VSTi in a friendly manner), Track quick controls and VST ones, I actually use only the first one, afraid to mess up definitions done in it. Something more user friendly is really needed : i.e., in which cases should we use RCE rather than VST Quick Controls (or the opposite) ? :?

2) Rack presets which would allow to save as a template a whole tracks setup for a multichannel instrument (MIDI dedicated tracks + VSTi). Track presets are unable to do this, presently.

3) A decent VST 2.x presets management, if possible in Mediabay (but I'm dreaming awake, here...).
DAW : i7-870 (HT enabled) - Asus P7-P55D-E - 16 Gb DDR3-1600 - 2 x WD Black Caviar 1 Tb - Radeon 6450 GPU (512 Mb) - Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64) / RME Fireface UCX + Behringer ADA8200
Soft & plug-ins : Cubase 6.5.5 (64), Cubase Pro 9.5.50 & 10.0.30 / Emulator X3 & several VSTis
Gear : Studiologic VMK-188+ / Akai MPD32 / Akai ME30P MIDI Patchbay / Korg 05RW / Roland D110 / Yamaha TX802 / Pre-MIDI stuff.

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:55 pm

1. Less clicks and mousing about (tons of posts about the many ways this needs to be improved) -- one major improvement to put Cubase at the level with almost every other DAW would be finally getting adjustable mixing parameters in the track headers (as an option/preference, just like Track Controls are now).
2. Gapless audio engine
3. VariAudio editing in-line in the project window (i.e. no separate window or lower panel, thus enabling multiple-track VariAudio editing and more).
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, High Sierra 10.13.4 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

compositor

Post by compositor » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:17 am

a) Dragging locators is not interrupted by Autoscroll
b) MIDI export does not require soloing for selected tracks
c) New Add Track dialog also applies to Rack-based instruments

compositor

Post by compositor » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:18 am

In_Stereo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:55 pm
1. Less clicks and mousing about (tons of posts about the many ways this needs to be improved) -- one major improvement to put Cubase at the level with almost every other DAW would be finally getting adjustable mixing parameters in the track headers (as an option/preference, just like Track Controls are now).
2. Gapless audio engine
3. VariAudio editing in-line in the project window (i.e. no separate window or lower panel, thus enabling multiple-track VariAudio editing and more).
These are not FR's in the contemporary sense of the meaning, sorry

Funkybot

Post by Funkybot » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 am

compositor wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:18 am
In_Stereo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:55 pm
2. Gapless audio engine
These are not FR's in the contemporary sense of the meaning, sorry
:?: Those sound like feature requests to me.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”