Adding a Click Track for toggling off/on the click during recording

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
ekmusic

Adding a Click Track for toggling off/on the click during recording

Post by ekmusic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 pm

Dear Cubase team,
Please consider adding a Click Track for toggling off/on the click (metronome) during recording/playback.
For instance, during a recording session if there's a part in the song that is not sync to a click (no time) you'll be able to set the click to turn off in a designated area and then turn it back on, that way you don't need to rely the engineer to do that or if you recording yourself you wouldn't need to stop the recording!

PLEASE strongly consider it!

Sincerely

EKmusic
DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 7820x @ 3.6GHz, RAM: 64GB DDR4, Graphics: 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, RME Fireface 800&802,

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Adding a Click Track for toggling off/on the click during recording

Post by Prock » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:04 pm

ekmusic wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 pm
...PLEASE strongly consider it!...

EKmusic
It's been considered...

You don't state which Cubase version you have but, you can already do this in CB Pro & Artist versions by creating a click track then automating it. Go to Project>Signature Track and choose either the "Render Midi (or Audio) Click Between Locators" option. It will create the click track then you would need to automate the mute or volume parameters as you want.

Also... I suggest that you add your specs to your forum signature. ;)

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

ekmusic

Post by ekmusic » Tue May 07, 2019 4:28 pm

Thx for the reply Prock, BUT I'm very aware of the option to creating an audio click track, (I'm using CB for 18 years). I just thought of a EASY and fastest way to do it.
Best,
DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 7820x @ 3.6GHz, RAM: 64GB DDR4, Graphics: 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, RME Fireface 800&802,

currentsound

Post by currentsound » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:25 am

I assume you want something like the Pro Tools click track? The Pro Tools click track is actually just a audio track with a click plugin on it that syncs to the DAW. It just loads the audio track with the plugin on it when you select 'create click track'. I googled click plugin VST and this came up. Maybe you will find it useful: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=502257 I don't know how it will go with different time signatures and with automated click tracks though. You can try it out and see if it's any good.

I just press the C button on the keyboard to turn the click on and off but I could see how it would be handy to automate it or to assign it to a fader on a control surface.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”