Disable mouse fader movement in the mix console

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
Tj99

Re: Disable mouse fader movement in the mix console

Post by Tj99 »

Lasso wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:56 pm
GlennO wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:11 am
A slight correction: the mouse wheel shouldn't be disabled when the cursor is over the mix console. Instead, it should be given a useful purpose: to scroll the mix console. Disabling it completely wouldn't make much sense.
Exactly
I would like to add, it would also be fine for me if they'd implement a modifier for scrolling in the mixconsole. Like alt+scroll. This way you could stil scroll your faders and the mixconsole simultaneously without disabling anything or moving to another area. I like working with my mouse scroll on faders, but I would also like to scroll in the mixconsole. There must be a solution to combine these needs.
Recording - Mixing - Mastering

Tj99

Post by Tj99 »

UaTem wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:19 pm
What I understood: it's not an easy thing to implement without affecting other things... Now I understand you, Steinberg -- if it was as easy as adding colors to Console it would've been done already.
But then they should comunicate that to their customers. I think thats the main problem here. I am pretty sure a lot of people would understand if they'd explain the situation.

dyrec

Post by dyrec »

+1 for the alt+scroll shortcut
Cubase Pro 10.5.12 | MacOS 0.14.6 (18G3020) Mojave | Mac mini server 2.3GHz i7 & 16Go RAM

Musicmould

Post by Musicmould »

Tj99 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:39 pm
I would like to add, it would also be fine for me if they'd implement a modifier for scrolling in the mixconsole. Like alt+scroll. This way you could stil scroll your faders and the mixconsole simultaneously without disabling anything or moving to another area. I like working with my mouse scroll on faders, but I would also like to scroll in the mixconsole. There must be a solution to combine these needs.
Doesn't everyone use Shift+Scroll in the mixer to scroll left/right or have I missed something?! :mrgreen:
iMac Pro | 64Gb Ram | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB | macOS 10.14.6 | Cubase Pro 10.5.20 | Luna | Pro Tools | Ableton Live | Logic Pro X | Studio One | Melodyne Studio | Revoice Pro | VSL Pro | UAD Apollo 8p+16 | 2xUAD Octo | Softube Console 1 | Motu Midi Express XT | Various drummachines, microphones, hardware synths & fx and way too many plugins |

"Without music, life would be a mistake".

Tj99

Post by Tj99 »

Shift+scroll is in the arrange view. In the mixer you only have the small scroll bar at the bottom which works with normal scroll. Would be much better though when they implemented a modifier key so you could scroll everywhere in the mixer.
And please, when doing that, make it scroll faster. It's way to slow as it is now.

Musicmould

Post by Musicmould »

Tj99 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:54 pm
Shift+scroll is in the arrange view. In the mixer you only have the small scroll bar at the bottom which works with normal scroll. Would be much better though when they implemented a modifier key so you could scroll everywhere in the mixer.
And please, when doing that, make it scroll faster. It's way to slow as it is now.
Actually, shift+scroll works perfectly for me in both the Arrange and the Mixer.
In the Mixer however shift+scroll only works in the fader area, which is ok, but I don't really see why it doesn't work everywhere.
iMac Pro | 64Gb Ram | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB | macOS 10.14.6 | Cubase Pro 10.5.20 | Luna | Pro Tools | Ableton Live | Logic Pro X | Studio One | Melodyne Studio | Revoice Pro | VSL Pro | UAD Apollo 8p+16 | 2xUAD Octo | Softube Console 1 | Motu Midi Express XT | Various drummachines, microphones, hardware synths & fx and way too many plugins |

GlennO

Post by GlennO »

Musicmould wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:17 pm
Tj99 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:54 pm
Actually, shift+scroll works perfectly for me in both the Arrange and the Mixer.
In the Mixer however shift+scroll only works in the fader area, which is ok, but I don't really see why it doesn't work everywhere.
Alas, that clumsy workaround only works in the mix console window, not in the lower zone mix console. See details here: viewtopic.php?f=283&t=160998&p=862225#p862225

The simple fact is this: every DAW on the planet except one has simple/logical/rational/friendly mix console scrolling. Horizontal mouse scroll should always scroll the window horizontally. Cubase sticks out like a sore thumb in this regard. It's preposterous that customers have to beg Steinberg to fix such a basic flaw in Cubase.
Cubase 10, MacOS 10.13, Avid Artist Mix

Tj99

Post by Tj99 »

GlennO wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:57 am

The simple fact is this: every DAW on the planet except one has simple/logical/rational/friendly mix console scrolling. Horizontal mouse scroll should always scroll the window horizontally. Cubase sticks out like a sore thumb in this regard. It's preposterous that customers have to beg Steinberg to fix such a basic flaw in Cubase.
Nope, also Reaper has a kind of unconventional scroll behaviour in the mixer (way to fast) and on top of that you cant customize/reverse it unlike everything else in that DAW. But at least you can turn off fader movement by the mousewheel :D

GlennO

Post by GlennO »

Almost all DAWs, including Reaper, either respond to the mouse wheel or the horizontal mouse wheel (shift-mouse wheel) to scroll the mixer. Cubase stands out as an exception by failing to implement this correct behavior. In fact, Cubase responds to horizontal mouse wheel to scroll other windows. It's only the mixer, especially the lower zone mixer, where this is not working properly in Cubase.
Cubase 10, MacOS 10.13, Avid Artist Mix

Musicmould

Post by Musicmould »

GlennO wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:57 am
I have a Logitech mouse and horisontal scroll never worked for me at all in Studio One, neither in the arrange or mixer.
I guess there's simply too many combinations of hardware/software for it to work all the time for everyone.

grecojan

Post by grecojan »

Hello ! i'm currently demoing Nuendo 10 and this scorlling thing is THE point that makes me double think about purchasing it. It MAKES ME CRAZY. This definitly should be a customizable feature because it is so anoying for so many of us. Scrolling up and down should scroll up and down the window like in all other environnements. Please make this feature optional :)

Lasso

Post by Lasso »

just found out: scrolling with an Apple trackpad actually works in the standalone mixer (f3). Please implement this into the lower zone mixer.

I use the lower zone mixer 99 % of the time :)
2015 MBP Retina @ 2,8 gHz, High Sierra, Cubase Pro 10, WaveLab Pro 9, UAD Apollo Twin, UAD Apollo Satellite Quad TB

beatpete

Post by beatpete »

Please Steinberg, enable some kind of more efficient mixer scrolling. I find myself scrolling and then accidentally moving a fader because my mouse raised a tiny bit, SO FRUSTRATING!
Comp1: Windows 10 64 bit, Asus X99-A USB 3.1, I7 5930K (running at 4500 MHz), 32 gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 ram, Radeon HD5450 graphics, RME Digiface, Steinberg UR824 and MR816x (X2)
(connected to Digiface), Cubase 10.5 64bit
Comp 2: Windows 10 64bit, I5 3450,32 gb ram, VEPro 7.

rshughes

Post by rshughes »

+1

Nuemo

Post by Nuemo »

+1 !!! This is propably the most frustrating disadvantage when it comes to workflow in cubase for me.
You have to aim very small, selective places with your mouse to scroll normally. Any kind of improving it would be time and nerves saver.

Big Mother

Post by Big Mother »

+1
Mac Mini 2012 i7 quad 16gb SSD OSX 10.15.6
UA Apollo 9.12.2
Artist Mix Eucon 20.6.1
Cubase Pro 10.5.20
Wavelab Pro 9.5.50.208

RonWellsJS

Post by RonWellsJS »

For those who want to keep it, it would be good to be able to set its sensitivity - i.e. 'no value change' (off), 'x% change' (tiny increment)... with some higher% changes in value, At the moment the value increments with mouse wheel are often too large.
ASUS X99 AII, 6 x 4.2Ghz cores, 64Gb Ram, Win 10, Cubase 10.5, Wavelab 10, MOTU 112D+16A via ASUS Thunderbolt

ggmanestraki

Post by ggmanestraki »

+1

Changing parameters should be done with a modifier key.

Also, consistency. In the project window, scrolling with the mousewheel only goes up-down. It doesn't change event gain, it doesn't transpose if your cursor is over something. It should be the same in the mixconsole. In the lower zone, the faders that is, it should scroll left-right, and the upper zone, racks etc., up-down. IF we wanted to change a value with the mouse-wheel it should need a modifier key.

NoOneSleeps

Post by NoOneSleeps »

+1

kevincroner

Post by kevincroner »

+1

dream

Post by dream »

Anando wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:00 pm
+1, a true workflow killer. There is always some "fear" in my mind when hovering over the mix console. Can change a mix without notice.
Same here.
+1

beatpete

Post by beatpete »

Again, THIS IS A MUST!
Comp1: Windows 10 64 bit, Asus X99-A USB 3.1, I7 5930K (running at 4500 MHz), 32 gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 ram, Radeon HD5450 graphics, RME Digiface, Steinberg UR824 and MR816x (X2)

beatpete

Post by beatpete »

Please address this in 11!

Elias1957

Post by Elias1957 »

I fully disagree! Steinberg, before you change the mouse scroll behavior, I need a new feature that I don't know yet but it's very important for me.
C10.5 Pro,WL Pro.10 / MacMini 2018 i7 32GB 10.15.4 RME UFX II KKS61MkII Maschine Mk3 LG38"curved / MacBookPro 2011 i7 10.13.4 8GB UR44
IPad Pro 2020/512GB Cubasis 3

thebabegrand

Post by thebabegrand »

+1
Cubase 10.5, Focusrite 18i20 (3rd Gen)
Windows 10 Home, i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, EVO 860, nVidia 1080ti

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”