A request for advice.

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Monty Zoomer

Options to replace Cubasis VST4

Post by Monty Zoomer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:40 pm

I have been using the very ancient Cubasis VST4 for many years.
I have used it in a fairly simple, and straight forward, fashion to record rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass and vocal audio tracks, and then add digital drum, and/or keyboard tracks; sometimes I have created and incorporated a digital bass line, as my bass playing is not that hot.
I then add fairly simple effects as required, particularly to the vocals, and export the finished audio track into a format which I can either upload, with video accompaniment, onto my YouTube Channel, or use as a backing track.
I used this software until Windows XP expired, at which time I disconnected my elderly PC from the internet and used it as a standalone unit on which I continued to run Cubasis VST4.
I continued in this fashion until my elderly PC gave up the ghost, at which point I loaded Cubasis onto a new PC running Windows 10.
I ran it in an appropriate compatibility mode, until Microsoft updated Windows 10 to the 1803 version at which point the programme, along with WaveLab-Light, Windows Movie-maker, and one or two others stopped working.
If I wish to continue making recordings I need some software which will allow me the same facilities as did the old Cubasis VST4.
So, any advice as to which version of Cubase I should purchase, or maybe what other software options I may have would be most welcome.
I should add that I am not a computer Geek, having taken some considerable time (years actually) to get to grips with Cubasis, nor am I any more than a competent busker, as may be illustrated by this offering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V2Scee8K2k

I am looking for a programme that will offer the same audio and digital functions, and which works in similar fashion to that with which I am familiar.
Thanks for any advice that may be offered.
It goes without saying that price, and value for money are prime considerations, I am a pensioner, after all. :)

Monty Zoomer

Re: Options to replace Cubasis VST4

Post by Monty Zoomer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:13 am

Looks like I am out of luck as regards any advice. I guess I will just have to carry on investigating all available options.

Maybe I should re-post this request in a different forum ?

:roll:

Scab Pickens

Re: Options to replace Cubasis VST4

Post by Scab Pickens » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:17 pm

A Cubase features comparison chart can be found here ...

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/compare-editions/

I'm not sure what information you are looking for. Without asking specific questions nobody can tell you what you need to know.
Win 10 | Cubase Pro 10.5.10 | Focusrite Pro 40

Return to “Presales”