UPGRADING from Cubase9AI to Cubase Artist 10,, but for a different computer

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Rudes

UPGRADING from Cubase9AI to Cubase Artist 10,, but for a different computer

Post by Rudes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 am

Hi and hope all is well in your world m'man!

I have a quick question... I'm upgrading from my current Cubase 9 to Cubase Artist 10,,, which I'm stoked to work with, for an extra $300 is decent!

I want to install Artist 10 on a new computer, but the current Cubase 9 is on my laptop.... It doesn't have to be for the same old computer does it?

I don't think so, but if a previous version is required on the user's computer, because it is technically an 'upgrade'.....

I'll show myself out.

Rudes

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: UPGRADING from Cubase9AI to Cubase Artist 10,, but for a different computer

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi and welcome,

Cubase AI license is stored on the Soft-eLicenser. Cubase Artist license is stored on the USB-eLicenser. So plug your new USB-eLicenser to the laptop and drag-and-drop your Cubase AI 9 license to the USB-eLicneser. Now plug your USB-eLinceser in to your new computer and activate the upgrade license. Your Cubase AI 9 license will be upgraded to Cubase Artist 10 license and you can install it and use it (on both machines in fact).
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Presales”