Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
blackfor3st
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by blackfor3st » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Depends on what screen size you're using - my primary display is 49" 4k, and HiDPI @ 100% is perfect for it.

Yes. Thats great! But for us who dont have either room nor money for a 49" 4k screen it is not so great. And as almost every piece of DAW out there manage to make their stuff look like not crap, it beats me why steinberg haven't fix this!? A few facelift's and some reworked functions just aint enough. I really need this to look the part also

User avatar
SpicyPonyHead
Junior Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by SpicyPonyHead » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 pm

I do agree with you - HiDPI should be practical for everyone for sure - I just wanted to give a bit of balance to the argument by sharing my usage scenario, to show that it's at least working for a certain percentage of users (and I'd guess that it's probably higher than 5%).

Out of interest, what screen size/resolution are you working on? Just curious, because my secondary display is a 27" 1440, and 100% scaling with HiDPI is still totally fine on it.

I appreciate that if you're running like a 15" 4k laptop display, then yeah that's gonna be an issue, but surely then just turning off HiDPI and scaling up to 125-150 would be fine - on that kinda screen size is there really that much difference? (I haven't had any experience with running C10 on Windows laptops, but the GUI quality on my MBP isn't noticeably worse than Logic or Ableton).
Main DAW: Intel i7 8700k | Asus Prime Z370a w/Thunderbolt ex3 | 32Gb ram | GTX1080 | Windows 10 Pro (latest version)
Laptop: Mid-2014 MacBook Pro | i7 2.5GHz | 16Gb ram | MacOS Catalina (latest version)
Interface: UA Apollo Twin mkii
Software: Cubase Pro 10.5.0

-steve-
External Moderator
Posts: 9370
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by -steve- » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:02 am

What's the difference between hi dpi turned on at 100% and hi dpi turned off?
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 gb | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb | macbook Pro 2011, 10.13.6 | 8 gb

User avatar
SpicyPonyHead
Junior Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by SpicyPonyHead » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:33 am

No idea tbh - I've always had it on, and everything's looked fine, so I've never compared!
Main DAW: Intel i7 8700k | Asus Prime Z370a w/Thunderbolt ex3 | 32Gb ram | GTX1080 | Windows 10 Pro (latest version)
Laptop: Mid-2014 MacBook Pro | i7 2.5GHz | 16Gb ram | MacOS Catalina (latest version)
Interface: UA Apollo Twin mkii
Software: Cubase Pro 10.5.0

costanter
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by costanter » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:49 am

Hello,
sorry but after updated from 10.0.15 to 10.0.20 my dialog boxes are changed.
This affects all open / save dialog boxes in Cubase (e.g. Save As, Import into pool .etc)
See the image.
Can you help me please?

Best regards
Attachments
Before.png
(137.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
After.png
(435.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet

WastingYourTime
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by WastingYourTime » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 am

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm
This is the latest maintenance update for all Cubase 10 versions. In addition to several fixes, 10.0.20 includes improvements for the color handling, the context menus, the hitpoint detection and other areas within Cubase 10. A number of plug-ins have been updated to include updated graphics for high resolution displays... some of them even have had a complete re-design. Our tip: check out the updated ModMachine!

Download and version history
Thank you thank you thank you for adding drag and drop into DOP. Huge time saver to be able to move inserts into DOP.

What else is on the horizon that we can expect soon? :)

User avatar
r.u.sirius
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:14 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by r.u.sirius » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:50 pm
I was really hoping to have our toolbox back over 2 lines. Will this ever happen? Or is this a permanent change that NO ONE asked for?
the first thing I was checking....very disappointing :cry:
C10.20 64bit | WL9.5 | UFXII | 2x UAD2 Quad, 1x UAD2 Octo| Win10 64 | Asus Prime X299-A | i7 7820X | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666

Maincat
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by Maincat » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:57 pm

blackfor3st wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:16 pm
I really need this to look the part also
Looks over substance never did it for me.

If you saw me, you'd know why.
Steve
Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Version 1903, 8 Gig RAM, AMD Phenom II 955 BE X4, 27" Acer LCD (X2), GX460, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha KX8, Nektar LX88, Shure SM58, Yamaha HS50Ms with Yamaha HS8M Sub., Yamaha HPH-MT7W Headphones, Kontakt 5.7.3, The Grand 3.1, Neo Soul Keys, Groove Agent 4, WaveLab Elements 10, ASUS Nexus 7 2013, Android 6.0, Cubase IC PRO and lots of other stuff.

F5D
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 available

Post by F5D » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Quietly wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 pm
GUI problem with HiDPI selected still 100% or 200%. This means monitor set at 150% Cubase is 200%, Monitor set at 125% Cubase is at 100%. Alternative deselect HiDPI and you have a blurry GUI. What a let down.
I was really looking forward to this fix in this update. Hopefully in the next one.
SpicyPonyHead wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:08 pm
blackfor3st wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:01 pm
Why for the love of god did you @ steinberg NOT fixed the one thing I (and probably a few more) was hoping to be resolved in this update? Hdpi-setting is STILL useless unless you have the vision of a hawk. I'm most certain 95% of all user have the ~125-150% screen resolution, and cubase still only take 100% or 200%, which *knuf* up vst's and whatnot. I've waited for this update to fix this as I've spent a few hard earned dollars on this program. But no. Gimme ONE good reason not to swich to studio one, or live, to enjoy the fresh looks of the 21'st century?

What the hell is wrong with you?
Depends on what screen size you're using - my primary display is 49" 4k, and HiDPI @ 100% is perfect for it.
Just to verify, do you use Windows 10 or OSX? I use a 49" 4k display as well, in Windows 10, from a distance of about 70 cm, and for me the HiDPI @ 100 % scaling is too small to comfortably see the texts and other graphics. I can just see for example the fonts in the inspector area, but it is a struggle. 125 % scaling would work well already with this screen size. I typically use 150 % scaling in windows 10. In comparison, Bitwig Studio lets you to change the scaling with 25 % intervals, independent on the scaling setting of windows 10. These days there are so many different hi-res displays available that fixed software scalings do not work for all.

Steinberg really needs to enable HiDPI scaling settings 125 % and 150 % in the next update. My brand new Cubase license is currently sitting unused, waiting for the scaling issue to be fixed. In the meantime, I use Bitwig. This situation is very annoying.
Cubase 10 Pro (waiting for 125/150 % hidpi scaling update from Steinberg to start using), Bitwig Studio 2, Win 10, AMD Ryzen 1700X, 32 GB, 49" 4k monitor, RME Raydat, SSL Alphalink A/D & D/A, Toft ATB24, Benchmark DAC1, Dynaudio Excite X18, Sennheiser HD650 + synths etc. https://soundcloud.com/f5d

VHProductions
New Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by VHProductions » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:56 am

I put a lot of hard-earned cash towards a 4K monitor last year due to it being highly recommended for those of us with terrible sight troubles. When Cubase was showcasing the new Cubase 10 with videos I was ECSTATIC! I have been using Cubase or Nuendo in professional work since 1999 and I'm terribly crushed now having to consider moving on to another DAW as Steinberg seems to now not care a care about us Windows users!

User avatar
Aurosonic
Junior Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by Aurosonic » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:18 am

New Project Colors Setup is awesome! Thank you!

upd: looks like "Store Color Set as Default" doesn't work upon load. You to click "Reset Color Set to Default" to make it work.

Anyone knows where's Poject Colors Setup stored? To back up preferences when reinstalling Cubase.
ITWT

User avatar
SpicyPonyHead
Junior Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 available

Post by SpicyPonyHead » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 pm

F5D wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Just to verify, do you use Windows 10 or OSX? I use a 49" 4k display as well, in Windows 10, from a distance of about 70 cm, and for me the HiDPI @ 100 % scaling is too small to comfortably see the texts and other graphics. I can just see for example the fonts in the inspector area, but it is a struggle. 125 % scaling would work well already with this screen size. I typically use 150 % scaling in windows 10. In comparison, Bitwig Studio lets you to change the scaling with 25 % intervals, independent on the scaling setting of windows 10. These days there are so many different hi-res displays available that fixed software scalings do not work for all.

Steinberg really needs to enable HiDPI scaling settings 125 % and 150 % in the next update. My brand new Cubase license is currently sitting unused, waiting for the scaling issue to be fixed. In the meantime, I use Bitwig. This situation is very annoying.
Windows 10, and I sit about 1.2m away from the display.

Honestly not being funny, but do you wear glasses/contacts, and have you had an eye test recently? 70cm is very close to sit to a 49" display, and if the C10 GUI is only barely readable from that distance at 100%, then a vision test might be a good idea.

I'm very slightly long-sighted, but can still read the GUI without my glasses, it's just not as sharp as when wearing them.
Main DAW: Intel i7 8700k | Asus Prime Z370a w/Thunderbolt ex3 | 32Gb ram | GTX1080 | Windows 10 Pro (latest version)
Laptop: Mid-2014 MacBook Pro | i7 2.5GHz | 16Gb ram | MacOS Catalina (latest version)
Interface: UA Apollo Twin mkii
Software: Cubase Pro 10.5.0

User avatar
SpicyPonyHead
Junior Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by SpicyPonyHead » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:09 pm

Aurosonic wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:18 am
New Project Colors Setup is awesome! Thank you!

upd: looks like "Store Color Set as Default" doesn't work upon load. You to click "Reset Color Set to Default" to make it work.

Anyone knows where's Poject Colors Setup stored? To back up preferences when reinstalling Cubase.
Yep, I'm having this issue too, except resetting to default has no effect.
Main DAW: Intel i7 8700k | Asus Prime Z370a w/Thunderbolt ex3 | 32Gb ram | GTX1080 | Windows 10 Pro (latest version)
Laptop: Mid-2014 MacBook Pro | i7 2.5GHz | 16Gb ram | MacOS Catalina (latest version)
Interface: UA Apollo Twin mkii
Software: Cubase Pro 10.5.0

F5D
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 available

Post by F5D » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:17 pm

SpicyPonyHead wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 pm
F5D wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Just to verify, do you use Windows 10 or OSX? I use a 49" 4k display as well, in Windows 10, from a distance of about 70 cm, and for me the HiDPI @ 100 % scaling is too small to comfortably see the texts and other graphics. I can just see for example the fonts in the inspector area, but it is a struggle. 125 % scaling would work well already with this screen size. I typically use 150 % scaling in windows 10. In comparison, Bitwig Studio lets you to change the scaling with 25 % intervals, independent on the scaling setting of windows 10. These days there are so many different hi-res displays available that fixed software scalings do not work for all.

Steinberg really needs to enable HiDPI scaling settings 125 % and 150 % in the next update. My brand new Cubase license is currently sitting unused, waiting for the scaling issue to be fixed. In the meantime, I use Bitwig. This situation is very annoying.
Windows 10, and I sit about 1.2m away from the display.

Honestly not being funny, but do you wear glasses/contacts, and have you had an eye test recently? 70cm is very close to sit to a 49" display, and if the C10 GUI is only barely readable from that distance at 100%, then a vision test might be a good idea.

I'm very slightly long-sighted, but can still read the GUI without my glasses, it's just not as sharp as when wearing them.
I do use glasses (slightly short-sighted), but it is not related to the issue here. In general, I can see perfectly, and I have no problems with any other software, when Win 10 scaling is 125 % or 150 %. I can see the Cubase 10 graphics and texts very sharply and clearly with 100 % scaling too, but to my taste the objects and fonts become way too small to comfortably use for longer periods of time. After investigating this issue more, I believe 125 % scaling would be perfect for my use. I also re-checked the viewing distance, it is 70-100 cm, no different from using a two-display setup, such as 2x 24", the 49" is just taller at the same time. People pay attention to ergonomics in chairs / studio desks, as well as audio monitoring equipment. This issue about scaling / GUI size / visibility is currently in the hands of Steinberg. Switching to another (lower resolution) display is not an option, also because I chose this display for other software that I use and it works perfectly.

I mentioned in another thread that I based my Cubase 10 purchase decision on two things: 1) The Cubase 10 promo video that shows the software running on wide curved hi-res display with proper scaling (the overhead views, not closeups, possibly equaling to about 125 % scaling, however in OSX), and 2) Steinberg advertised Cubase 10 to include major graphics overhaul. I did not know that there were differences between the graphics in OSX and Win 10 versions of Cubase 10. In addition, I have been using other similar software for a long time that scale perfectly on this display, so the issue with Cubase struck me by a complete surprise. I did not try the demo, because the promo video was convincing enough, with proper good looking graphics / scaling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSZ8yX1viV8

I wish that the HiDPI scaling issue will be fixed by Cubase v10.10, enabling 125 % and 150 % scalings. Currently, the HiDPI mode is also buggy, even in 100 % mode, causing some VST plugin GUIs to get cut, mouse tracking in wrong place of the plugin GUI or become way too small to use.
Cubase 10 Pro (waiting for 125/150 % hidpi scaling update from Steinberg to start using), Bitwig Studio 2, Win 10, AMD Ryzen 1700X, 32 GB, 49" 4k monitor, RME Raydat, SSL Alphalink A/D & D/A, Toft ATB24, Benchmark DAC1, Dynaudio Excite X18, Sennheiser HD650 + synths etc. https://soundcloud.com/f5d

User avatar
Stephen57
Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 5:32 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by Stephen57 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:43 pm

r.u.sirius wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm
Steve Helstrip wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:50 pm
I was really hoping to have our toolbox back over 2 lines. Will this ever happen? Or is this a permanent change that NO ONE asked for?
the first thing I was checking....very disappointing :cry:
This "ribbon concept" is for the birds. The prior version was pro-looking and worked great. A strong part of the Cubase kit. (Along with the right-menu workflow assassination program Cubase 10 went with -- prior workflow was stronger).

Some items, which should never have gotten messed up in the first place, now seem, more or less, back to normal.
Last edited by Stephen57 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

bigmouthmedia
New Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by bigmouthmedia » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 am

Great that there's an update - not so great that I can't even get the eLicencer to work properly on Mojave on my Mac - it doesn't see my USB eLicencer, and I can't even add the activation code for the trial of Cubase 10 Elements (or start my official version of Cubase 8 Elements).
Screenshot 2019-04-25 10.04.40.png
(105.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Specialising in eLearning narration.

WastingYourTime
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 available

Post by WastingYourTime » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:23 am

F5D wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:17 pm
SpicyPonyHead wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 pm
F5D wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Just to verify, do you use Windows 10 or OSX? I use a 49" 4k display as well, in Windows 10, from a distance of about 70 cm, and for me the HiDPI @ 100 % scaling is too small to comfortably see the texts and other graphics. I can just see for example the fonts in the inspector area, but it is a struggle. 125 % scaling would work well already with this screen size. I typically use 150 % scaling in windows 10. In comparison, Bitwig Studio lets you to change the scaling with 25 % intervals, independent on the scaling setting of windows 10. These days there are so many different hi-res displays available that fixed software scalings do not work for all.

Steinberg really needs to enable HiDPI scaling settings 125 % and 150 % in the next update. My brand new Cubase license is currently sitting unused, waiting for the scaling issue to be fixed. In the meantime, I use Bitwig. This situation is very annoying.
Windows 10, and I sit about 1.2m away from the display.

Honestly not being funny, but do you wear glasses/contacts, and have you had an eye test recently? 70cm is very close to sit to a 49" display, and if the C10 GUI is only barely readable from that distance at 100%, then a vision test might be a good idea.

I'm very slightly long-sighted, but can still read the GUI without my glasses, it's just not as sharp as when wearing them.
I do use glasses (slightly short-sighted), but it is not related to the issue here. In general, I can see perfectly, and I have no problems with any other software, when Win 10 scaling is 125 % or 150 %. I can see the Cubase 10 graphics and texts very sharply and clearly with 100 % scaling too, but to my taste the objects and fonts become way too small to comfortably use for longer periods of time. After investigating this issue more, I believe 125 % scaling would be perfect for my use. I also re-checked the viewing distance, it is 70-100 cm, no different from using a two-display setup, such as 2x 24", the 49" is just taller at the same time. People pay attention to ergonomics in chairs / studio desks, as well as audio monitoring equipment. This issue about scaling / GUI size / visibility is currently in the hands of Steinberg. Switching to another (lower resolution) display is not an option, also because I chose this display for other software that I use and it works perfectly.

I mentioned in another thread that I based my Cubase 10 purchase decision on two things: 1) The Cubase 10 promo video that shows the software running on wide curved hi-res display with proper scaling (the overhead views, not closeups, possibly equaling to about 125 % scaling, however in OSX), and 2) Steinberg advertised Cubase 10 to include major graphics overhaul. I did not know that there were differences between the graphics in OSX and Win 10 versions of Cubase 10. In addition, I have been using other similar software for a long time that scale perfectly on this display, so the issue with Cubase struck me by a complete surprise. I did not try the demo, because the promo video was convincing enough, with proper good looking graphics / scaling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSZ8yX1viV8

I wish that the HiDPI scaling issue will be fixed by Cubase v10.10, enabling 125 % and 150 % scalings. Currently, the HiDPI mode is also buggy, even in 100 % mode, causing some VST plugin GUIs to get cut, mouse tracking in wrong place of the plugin GUI or become way too small to use.

I will add to the conversation on vision, and say that Steinbergs choice of light text on dark programs is a huge design blunder. I don't have seeing problems and this hurts my eyes and makes my vision blurry. It is hard to read anything more than track titles. Dialogue Boxes, Groove Agents preset lists, etc, etc... Light text on dark background is horrible.

Kalyke
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:06 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by Kalyke » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:06 am

bigmouthmedia wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 am
Great that there's an update - not so great that I can't even get the eLicencer to work properly on Mojave on my Mac - it doesn't see my USB eLicencer, and I can't even add the activation code for the trial of Cubase 10 Elements (or start my official version of Cubase 8 Elements).

Screenshot 2019-04-25 10.04.40.png
I am not seeing this issue on my iMac, have you tried moving the dongle to a different USB port?

Andrew.

fgimian
Junior Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by fgimian » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:01 pm

costanter wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:49 am
Hello,
sorry but after updated from 10.0.15 to 10.0.20 my dialog boxes are changed.
This affects all open / save dialog boxes in Cubase (e.g. Save As, Import into pool .etc)
See the image.
Can you help me please?

Best regards
Oh wow, FINALLY!!!!!

The new dialog boxes you're seeing are the ones that have been standard for many many years on most apps on Windows. Cubase used to use legacy dialog boxes for open and save which have far less features (e.g. no easy access to libraries, no quick links / favourites .etc)

What you're seeing is a great great change and one you should try to embrace and enjoy. The new dialog boxes match Windows Explorer now and are much more functional.

I've been hoping for this for a very long time!!! (those screenshots are from my system btw!)

Cheers
Fotis
Software & Audio Interface: Cubase 9.5.30 x64 / Windows 10 / Focusrite Clarett 2Pre
Computer: Intel Core i7 7700K, NVIDIA GTX 1050, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD + Samsung T3 2 TB USB 3 SSD

costanter
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by costanter » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi Fotis,
and thank you for the screenshot :)
By the way I greatly preferred the previous display which was simpler and faster all you had to do was customize it. See this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/97824/how-to- ... n-windows/
Now every time I have to load a file inside cubase to browse my disks (I have 5) I lose a lot of time. How do you do it?

Cheers

fgimian
Junior Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by fgimian » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:06 am

costanter wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm
Hi Fotis,
and thank you for the screenshot :)
By the way I greatly preferred the previous display which was simpler and faster all you had to do was customize it. See this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/97824/how-to- ... n-windows/
Now every time I have to load a file inside cubase to browse my disks (I have 5) I lose a lot of time. How do you do it?

Cheers
Just set up some favourites in the Quick access area. i'm pretty sure you can also choose to hide libraries too (this is the case by default on Windows 10).

So then, the left sidebar will have your favourites (in quick access) and your drives.
Software & Audio Interface: Cubase 9.5.30 x64 / Windows 10 / Focusrite Clarett 2Pre
Computer: Intel Core i7 7700K, NVIDIA GTX 1050, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD + Samsung T3 2 TB USB 3 SSD

YFM54
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by YFM54 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:00 pm

Hello! A week ago I bought a Yamaha MOXF6. I installed all the latest drivers according to the user manual, but I cannot record a song on 16 MIDI tracks in Cubase 10.0.20 and translate it into a wave file. Please share your thoughts on how you can record a song using 16 MIDI tracks in Cubase 10.0.20. (PC Win7 64 Ultimate SP1, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 2.83 GHz, RAM - 8GB, Steinberg UR22). I am grateful in advance for the help.

TalkBaze
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by TalkBaze » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 am

Thanks so much Matthias, working great so far!

rasclart
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:53 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by rasclart » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:51 am

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm
This is the latest maintenance update for all Cubase 10 versions. In addition to several fixes, 10.0.20 includes improvements for the color handling, the context menus, the hitpoint detection and other areas within Cubase 10. A number of plug-ins have been updated to include updated graphics for high resolution displays... some of them even have had a complete re-design. Our tip: check out the updated ModMachine!

Download and version history
Hi Matthias, 10.2 is crashing on initialising. First on loading video and now on mixconsole. Any suggestions? Previous version was working fine for me. Win 10, asus prime z370a core i5 8600k

kampot
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Re: Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Post by kampot » Sat May 04, 2019 7:30 pm

VHProductions wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:56 am
I put a lot of hard-earned cash towards a 4K monitor last year due to it being highly recommended for those of us with terrible sight troubles. When Cubase was showcasing the new Cubase 10 with videos I was ECSTATIC! I have been using Cubase or Nuendo in professional work since 1999 and I'm terribly crushed now having to consider moving on to another DAW as Steinberg seems to now not care a care about us Windows users!
Same here.
Highly considering studio one or reaper

Post Reply

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests