[FR] Audio parts spectral view

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 8 can be posted here.
DTSR

[FR] Audio parts spectral view

Post by DTSR » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:53 pm

having looked at Reaper's implementation of spectral editing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSBO_VC9q3E

when are we likely to have, at the very least, a 'spectral view' option for tracks?

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: [FR] Audio parts spectral view

Post by MattiasNYC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Personally I'd say that the implementation in Reaper is "ok", but not great. I think Steinberg could possibly do it better. It's certainly a way to maybe get far more out of Nuendo. It would allow us to bypass iZotope RX completely for a lot of work, which would be great and a time saver.

My worries would be though that a) it would take a lot of processing power and some drive space, as well as b) possibly complicate things as far as code is concerned. And if you think I'm being too negative about this just remember that in a recent update (upgrade?) Steinberg partially broke VCAs again.

I think a lot of us already have RX so it's sort of a great feature to have in the future but I'm guessing some of us are looking at more 'pressing' issues.

But I basically agree with you though. I do think it would be a nice addition and I would for sure use it if it worked as advertised, so

Good suggestion, you have my "+1"
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX 7/ Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Re: [FR] Audio parts spectral view

Post by Centralmusic » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:45 pm

I´m with MatthiasNYC.
I´m also a big fan of iZotope RX and Wavelab´s Spectrum Editing. Anyway, it would be nice to have more WL features in Nuendo too.
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”