Severe Pops, Clicks and Spikes

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
J Buckingham

Severe Pops, Clicks and Spikes

Post by J Buckingham »

I am getting severe spikes on my performance meter and serious pops and clicks when using the encoders on my Komplete Kontrol s25. I am using the Play engine by East West. Yesterday I was messing around with Track quick controls, just assigning knobs and stuff but I tried resetting them and that didn't fix it.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20, i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Geforce GTX 1060

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Severe Pops, Clicks and Spikes

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Try to increase Buffer Size of your Audio Device, please.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

J Buckingham

Post by J Buckingham »

The right ribbon on the S25 is stuck on 'B Filter Resonance' I cannot assign it to anything else. I have it set up for CC1, so this is creating a conflict that is totally freaking Cubase out. It isn't a buffer size issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the Komplete software and when I go back into cubase the ribbon is still stuck on 'B Filter Resonance'
Cubase Pro 10.5.20, i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Geforce GTX 1060

J Buckingham

Post by J Buckingham »

Fixed!. I had assigned a VST quick control to 1. This was causing Cubase a lot of issues. The 'Reset' button doesn't seem to do anything. I press it and all the addresses stay the same. This was not helpful when trying to resolve this issue.

Return to “Issues”