High CPU Orchestra Template Cubase 9.5/VEPro 6

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
Seklah14

High CPU Orchestra Template Cubase 9.5/VEPro 6

Post by Seklah14 »

(My fully operational demo of) Cubase 9.5.20 with VEPro 6 use a lot of CPU for my orchestra template, even when doing nothing.
Multiprocessing, Asio guard are off, for each VEPro plugin the Asio is deactivated.In VEPro I have the optimal settings.
I'm thinking about moving from Logic to Cubase for the various known reasons,
but the same orchestra template uses very little CPU with Logic Pro 10.3.3/VEPro 6.
With a i/o buffer of 256 Logic with VEPro are magic, a lot is possible there,recording multiple legatos together without a problem,and replaying them and recording another bunch of them,perfect.
But with Cubase 9.5.20 it's a disaster, only with 1024 it's do-able there.That's no option for midi keyboard input...
Anyone having the same issue?Anyone having a solution? Is it 9.5.20 related?

Seklah14

Re: High CPU Orchestra Template Cubase 9.5/VEPro 6

Post by Seklah14 »

Anyone has a suggestion ?

ceemusic

Post by ceemusic »

Lately I've been having a similar problem. CPU is slammed until I disable all VEP event inputs used in Cubase. Was fine about a month ago, no changes.

VEP isn't even opened- no memory usage, same VEP version but in Cubase 9.5.0

Maybe Windows update related?

wcb123

Post by wcb123 »

Having the exact same problem since going from 8.5 to 9.5 last month. Open my old orchestral template which was running fine in 8.5 alongside VEP5. Now when i open it in 9.5 CPU jumps from 5% or so (VEP running on its own) to 70/80pc just opening Cubase, not playing the project. Disabling all inserts equates to maybe 2/3%. This is at 512 Buffer on Saffire Pro with Cubase Asio Guard set to Normal.
Windows 7
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Intel i7 980 @3.33GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory - 48Gb

Cubase 10
NVIDIA GeForce 210
Focusrite Saffire Pro24
Casio Privia 330
Korg Microkey
Quested s8r

JoansK43

Post by JoansK43 »

Yep, me too. Its so anoing to change the buffer size everytime to 2048samples after recording something just to make shure that the fans of my main machine stay calm. ^^

Really no suggestions? :/

nilsl

Post by nilsl »

Is there a fix yet?
I have this problem on my Windows 10 computer since I have reinstalled Cubase 8.0.40 a few weeks ago I believe. I am running Cubase with a big VE Pro 6 template, but the problem also exist when I just open an empty project, add an audio channel and add a few plugins as insert effects to it.
My template just uses 10-20% CPU (without any insert effects). As soon as I add a few insert effects it sky-rockets. I never had any CPU problems with insert effects before.
Hope you have a fix anytime soon, because right now I have to disable most insert effects on my template to make it playable.

Return to “Issues”