Tiny Mouse Cursor Problems

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
Zelorkq

Tiny Mouse Cursor Problems

Post by Zelorkq »

Hi all,

Since updating Cubase 9.0.10 -> 9.0.20 I've had problems with my mouse cursor. Every action except for the normal 'select' miniaturizes the cursor to a few pixels, which is extremely annoying because it's very difficult to see or click anything properly.

-> See the attached GIF

Anyone else had this problem?

Thank you

Cheers
Attachments
mouse.gif
(203.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Windows 10 x64: Intel i7-3930K, 64GB DDR3, GTX 1050 Ti, Kawai MP10, Cubase 9, VEPro 5

Corlanus

Re: Tiny Mouse Cursor Problems

Post by Corlanus »

Yes! I have the same Problem.
I complete new install of the Graphics Drivers (NVidia) did not solve the Problem.
Starting Cubase in "Safe-Mode" (without reading the saved configuration) = the same.
Mouse-Cursors are still tiny. :cry:

Zelorkq

Post by Zelorkq »

Haha you joined the forum just for that post, nice ;) Welcome!

Glad I'm not the only one... anyone have a solution?... otherwise I'll just post in their support, it is quite irritating to say the least.
Windows 10 x64: Intel i7-3930K, 64GB DDR3, GTX 1050 Ti, Kawai MP10, Cubase 9, VEPro 5

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- »

I would reinstall the update. Maybe the icons for the cursors somehow installed weirdly.
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
[safe mode] [cubase manual] [score editor manual]

mrgrossmusik

Post by mrgrossmusik »

I have the same issue. Any further proposals for solution?

mctb32

Post by mctb32 »

I also have the exact same issue. Running Cubase 9.0.30 on Windows 10. I have 40" 4K display + 1 FullHD display. Windows scaling is set to 125%. I tried all application scaling modes, no luck. Any news on a fix? Working is close to impossible.

Casperclc

Post by Casperclc »

Same issue here. Running windows 10 and cubase 9.0.30.

Not sure if it is a windows thing or only cubase related bug, as I have seen issues with the mouse cursor being tiny in other app as well. Can someone from Steinberg help clarify?

Behemoth1702

Post by Behemoth1702 »

+1 here. Win 10, 9.0.3 cubase.

Would love an official statement from Steinberg regarding this. I have no idea what and when happened but it's broken and I need to know how to fix it. Be it a Cubase or Windows problem. Any pointers towards any direction are welcome, thx!

moondancer

Post by moondancer »

I have the same problem with Cubase 8.5 on Windows 10.
One thing that can fix it temporary is to:
1. Open cubase
2. Change windows staling to 150%
3. Log Out
4. Change windows scaling to 100%

Works until shut down the computer
Soft bundles: Cubase 8.5 Pro, Komplete 8, Fab filter Mixing bundle.
Waves plugs: Codex, H-Comp, H-Delay, SuperTap, RBass, Q10, F6
Hardware: HP Z400, SPL Crimson 1, Bass Station 2, Eve Audio SC205, Peluso P67, Looptrotter Monster Comp

mctb32

Post by mctb32 »

Any news about a fix or statement from Steinberg?

Thanks moondancer for the workaround, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I have two screens, one is set to 125% scaling, the other one to 100%. The action cursors look fine only when I set the scaling to 300%, but then everything else is huge.

Mpaulcurreri

Post by Mpaulcurreri »

Sounds like maybe it’s Windows-related? I’m on a Mac, and though I’m not having THAT problem w my mouse, I’ve been experiencing loads of other bugs and jitters w my mouse. My most annoying is that there seems to be an issue when I use two screens, in which full mouse functionality is limited to only one screen. It’s not about the screen resolution — if I switch the arrangement of screens, the problem screen now becomes the non-problem screen, and vice-Versace. Ha. I’m leaving that auto-correct.

But even just using my MacBook Pro screen, as I said, Lots of little bugs, mostly involving dragging horizontally along the timeline.

peakae
Grand Senior Member

Post by peakae »

I guess it is the same problem Ableton has after the creators win10 update.
MS changed something to better support HD cursors, from what I read on the gearslutz forum.
I haven't noticed anything as I run all my screens at 100%
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 »

Same here...
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 4x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / 24 Ch X-Touch / CMC Controllers / iPad 2&3 Lemur / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 /

andrewtuna

Post by andrewtuna »

I have this problem on 7.5, now 9.5 too, still no fix????

wickfut

Post by wickfut »

It's not a Steinberg problem, it's a windows problem.

You can see this is a windows issue as it happens on the boot menu before windows has fully loaded when you do a cold start. The text on blue screen asking which operating system you want to boot into is tiny.

The only way I've found to get around this is to restart the computer from an already running state. This will use the then loaded correct windows scale settings and you won't get that tiny cursor.

You basically have to turn on the PC , load up windows, then do a restart and load up windows again to fix it.
i9 10900x, 32GB Ram, RTX2080Ti, Cubase Pro 10.5, Windows 10 Home. SI Impact as USB interface.

mctb32

Post by mctb32 »

Hi wickfyt! Thanks for the hint about restarting the computer - it works for me. It's not ideal, but at least now I have a workaround. Thanks!

What's interesting is that for me the problem went away after upgrading from 9 -> 9.5, but it soon returned after I upgraded Windows to Fall Creators update. I'm sure this is Windows related, but Steinberg should have a way to fix this. After all, all other apps I use don't have these kind of problems with their cursors.

wickfut

Post by wickfut »

I guess if Steinberg forced the cursor size to scale 100% it'd mess up other peoples custom windows cursor sizes.

I fiddled with a bios setting not too long ago and I'm sure it went away for a day , but I reset my bios and it started again, might have been fast boot or something similar?
i9 10900x, 32GB Ram, RTX2080Ti, Cubase Pro 10.5, Windows 10 Home. SI Impact as USB interface.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- »

mctb32 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 pm
Hi wickfyt! Thanks for the hint about restarting the computer - it works for me. It's not ideal,
I just saw this on my system. It sufficed to sign out/sign in here, I don't think it's necessary to restart the machine.
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
[safe mode] [cubase manual] [score editor manual]

wickfut

Post by wickfut »

-steve- wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:06 am
mctb32 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 pm
Hi wickfyt! Thanks for the hint about restarting the computer - it works for me. It's not ideal,
I just saw this on my system. It sufficed to sign out/sign in here, I don't think it's necessary to restart the machine.
It doesn't really matter as all my drives are SSD, so it takes about 20 seconds. Also , I've turned the boot password off (win+R netplwiz) so logging out and back in again means inputting another password while rebooting just goes straight to desktop.

Bhava

Post by Bhava »

I have same problem since 8.5! That's crazy they still didn't fix it. Did anyone get any reply from Steinberg on this?? Any solution???

MNoire

Post by MNoire »

same problem , any fix ?!

davaakhuudson

Post by davaakhuudson »

I have same problem here... on Windows 10 creators update + Cubase 9.5.1 Pro ... Any fix?
Cubase 10.5 Pro , Windows 10 Pro , i9 10920x (Running at 4600mhz), RAID 4TB SSD, 2TB NVME Drive, 24tb RAID0 Drive, 572gb RAM, Komplete Kontrol , UAD Apollo X6 , DynAudio LYD48

MNoire

Post by MNoire »

davaakhuudson wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 am
I have same problem here... on Windows 10 creators update + Cubase 9.5.1 Pro ... Any fix?
nobody answer us :(

Ed Doll
Site Admin

Post by Ed Doll »

This is actually a bug in Windows 10. All custom cursors are not scaled automatically for non HiDPI-aware applications.
We are aware and working on that issue but it might take a bit.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 »

Hi Ed, thanks for the info, please do what you can, this is driving my crazy!
Film Composer - Argentina

Intel 9990k - Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390 - 64gb ram - Motu 24ao - Steinberg MR816x (2)
Windows 10.5 64bit - Cubase 10.5 Pro - Vepro 7 (two add PCs)

Return to “Issues”