Instalation bug

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
Crossroads

Instalation bug

Post by Crossroads »

Hello,

I have wrote on the 09 Dec 2016 16:06

1. Someone moved my topic without the courtesy of tell me me why SINCE I AM REPORTING a BUGG...

2. Until today I got NO answer from any Steinberg team member, nor from the forum nor on the phone nor on the email..

3. Your Cubase 9 is NOT installing properly, NOT Working, NOT activating.

4. Since December 9th, I had to reinstall windows and now after nearly a month I reinstalled everything including 8.5 (working good) the second i have reinstalled Cubase 9 and it crashed again as it did before.

5. the eLicencer is crashing after Cubase 9 Instalation and cannot be fixed or reinstalled..

6. How long do I have to wait to get an answer?
Attachments
Cubase_8.5_instalation.jpg
(306.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cubase_9_instalation.jpg
(163.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My new washing machine: Asus Z97-K, intel I5, 3.2Ghz, 16Gb Ram Kingston,

My washing machine was working great : Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Ram Mem 6Gb, 64bit, UAD Nevana 32

Jochen Schmidt

Re: Instalation bug

Post by Jochen Schmidt »

Hi Crossroads,

Like mentioned many times, the forum is not the place to ask for official Support.
Its a user to user forum.

The reason why your report was moved,is pretty simple. It is just a common issues which can be fixed easily.

To fix your issue, please have a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

Btw, its also mentioned in our Helpcenter:

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... s-to-start

I also recommend you to install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/te ... enser.html

Cheers,
Jochen
Jochen Schmidt, Senior Technical Support Representative
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Jochen Schmidt wrote:
Hi Crossroads,

Like mentioned many times, the forum is not the place to ask for official Support.
Its a user to user forum.

Jochen
We are ALL using this FORUM because of the lack of support offered on the website. THERE is ZERO support when you need it but we are asked to pay regularly for upgrades - sometimes twice a year... not fair..not nice..
Jochen Schmidt wrote: The reason why your report was moved,is pretty simple. It is just a common issues which can be fixed easily.
Jochen
I would not say it is an easy fix... Sorry to disagree..
Jochen Schmidt wrote: To fix your issue, please have a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226
Jochen
I did installed this fix... i did read... a lot.. I did spent alot of time trying to fix this bug.
Jochen Schmidt wrote: Btw, its also mentioned in our Helpcenter:
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... s-to-start
Jochen
I did had the same ISSUE on both win 7 and win 8...

Jochen Schmidt wrote: I also recommend you to install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/te ... enser.html
Jochen
I did installed the latest Elicencer... and this is when i got the crash...

Cubase 8.5 working - Cubase 9 not working / not opening.. and eLCC it gives the error on the picture above..

I don't know you my friend, but you don't know me either.. I am not a "guru" experts but i know my "S@#$hit"...
I am very familiar with programs and installations.. that is why it is so FRUSTRATING...

Plus is not nice to be considered 3rd hand "users" and citizens of Europe discriminates by the poor support you guys offer...
We ALL pay the same amount of money...

There is NO support phone number allocated to "my lazy distributor" - you are obliged by law to offer support NOT to send us to 8 - 10 different pages and get nothing in the end ...

As you can see in this picture there were issues with previous versions too... the forum is full of it..
Attachments
CUBASE errors.jpg
(222.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet

My washing machine was working great : Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Ram Mem 6Gb, 64bit, UAD Nevana 32

rschmid

Post by rschmid »

If you Google api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll , you will find many hits about this error. There are also several Youtube videos describing ways to fix the missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error. It is not fair to blame Steinberg for a missing Microsoft library on your computer.
CP Pro 10.5, Win 10 Pro on Intel 17-6700 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gb mem, 1 Tb SSD, 14 TB and 2 Tb discs @ 7200 rpm, Nvidia 745 graphics card; Steinberg UR824
Primary VST vendors: EastWest, Native Instruments, Spitfire Audio, UVI, Amplesound, Steinberg Absolute 3, Waves, Hauptwerk. Latest versions always.

Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

rschmid wrote:If you Google api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll , you will find many hits about this error. There are also several Youtube videos describing ways to fix the missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error. It is not fair to blame Steinberg for a missing Microsoft library on your computer.

My friend,

I installed all my software and plugs with NO problem... at all... not even when I installed Cubase 6.7 and 8... no problem..
The problem appeared all of a sudden when I Installed Cubase 9... so either Cubase9 or the latest eLLC did something..

Before that all was well... I have 2 PC's installed on both... one with win7 one with win8...

I am not a hater.. I am just sick of not getting what we pay for..
1. a working product
2. support in case something goes wrong.. When you need it...

that's all ...

regards,

rschmid

Post by rschmid »

I certainly understand your frustration. I also recently changed computers and went through a long process to research and fix Cubase performance issues that ultimately were not Steinberg's fault.

Your particular error (missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll ) affects many software products other than Steinberg's, which is why Google has so many hits. I am merely suggesting that you look at the Internet for a fix if Steinberg's instructions above don't work for you.

I wish you success.
CP Pro 10.5, Win 10 Pro on Intel 17-6700 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gb mem, 1 Tb SSD, 14 TB and 2 Tb discs @ 7200 rpm, Nvidia 745 graphics card; Steinberg UR824
Primary VST vendors: EastWest, Native Instruments, Spitfire Audio, UVI, Amplesound, Steinberg Absolute 3, Waves, Hauptwerk. Latest versions always.

Return to “Issues”