Mix Console Top Menu Bar Disappears

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
augusteighty

Re: Mix Console Top Menu Bar Disappears

Post by augusteighty »

Still an issue in 9.0.3. Currently redoing layout presets for triple monitor, and have 2 mix consoles on the top and bottom of one screen. When I'm doing resizing for the bottom mixer, and I accidently resize it over the top one, I then click the top one to move it and...the bottom mixer loses it's toolbar. Lol. Resetting window works as mentioned above, but then it resets the whole mix console layout and I have to start again.

This is **super** rookie programming stuff ffs. How has it not been fixed in 10 months.

djw

Post by djw »

augusteighty wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:59 pm
This is **super** rookie programming stuff ffs. How has it not been fixed in 10 months.
If it was super duper easy to fix then it would've already been fixed in maintenance.

augusteighty

Post by augusteighty »

Not sure if it'll help - but I have noticed that if you save the workspace with the glitch active (no top menu), it will recall that workspace without the top menu. So if you setup 2 identical workspaces, one with the glitch and one without, switching between the two will show / hide the top menu as it was saved. So the problem can be avoided if you setup working templates with the top menu, and only recall those.

theRoyal1

Post by theRoyal1 »

I'm getting this now too... this is absolutely EMBARRASSING!!! lmao

ftr, the pg 1 fix worked.
:geek:
Custom WS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=12TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+ Platinum | CM Cosmos II
Cubits : Cubase 10.5.12b123
CMC-TP | CMC-CH | CMC-PD | CMC-AI | 2xCMC-FD | CMC-QC

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti + Virus C | Maschine Studio + Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | Roland XV-5080 + JV-2080 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MicroMain27 Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416 | MOTU MidiXT | Roland TR-8, TB-3, VT-3 | Seiki SE50UY04

jaesm

Post by jaesm »

Upgraded to 9.5 and still not fixed. Thankfully the workaround at the end of page 1 still works.
Cubase Pro 10.5.x / UR44 / Windows 10 / Fast and fancy this and that / etc

apkyburz

Post by apkyburz »

jaesm wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:59 am
Upgraded to 9.5 and still not fixed. Thankfully the workaround at the end of page 1 still works.
Jep, still works!

mikeinashed

Post by mikeinashed »

I'm getting this problem across all windows (not just the mix console). The workaround doesn't work for this. Is this going to get fixed at any point? It seems like I'm spending more time faffing around with cubase trying to get it to behave than I am writing music lately. Not good.
PC: Cubase 8.5, Wavelab 9, Halion 5, UR28M, i7-4790k (4GHz), 16GB RAM, Windows 10.
Ipad: Cubasis, Rebirth.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- »

Here is the correct workaround for Cubase 9.5

viewtopic.php?p=633773#p633773
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
[safe mode] [cubase manual] [score editor manual]

aricastudio

Post by aricastudio »

This *flower* is still happening on the latest and possible last Cubase 9.5 update on a MacBook Pro.
Glad to see the solution stated above worked, Window Reset, but still, idiotic.

aricastudio

Post by aricastudio »

Thanks Steinberg for correcting my typo and changing it to flower, aahhh what a nice smell

Return to “Issues”