Markers change position when changing tempo

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
EmBee1972

Re: Markers change position when changing tempo

Post by EmBee1972 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:20 pm

It's been some time since my last post about this, but I found out a few things. First of all: the markers indeed do stay at the same time frame where you put them; it's the music that moves to other points. It feels a bit awkward that I created a thread about it, thinking the markers moved, but it appears to be as I wrote, that the music moves away. A lot of people tried to help, thanks for that!
So now remains the question of how I can make the music to stay also attached to the same time marker, instead of moving ahead or away from the cue? This would really save a lot of time, as I've spent pretty much time aligning everything again. Maybe it's something really easy, or maybe it's simply not possible yet. Either way, it would nice if someone can tell more about that.

Andre

Post by Andre » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:33 pm

The music moves away from markers when you change the tempo, that is supposed to happen. Markers stay connected to the movie.
Gothenburg, Sweden.
iMac 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB ram, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Cubase X 10.9.40, Dorico 3 with NotePerformer 3.2.0
Logic Pro X. EWQLSO Gold, Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra/Concert Strings 2/Concert Brass 2, etc etc...
Dutch is my native language. English 2nd, Swedish 3rd, Spanish 4th (but don't ask me to use it...)
My music and tutorials on http://www.andrevanharen.com

Rob Tuley
Grand Senior Member

Post by Rob Tuley » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:39 pm

I don't want to keep repeating myself, but have you tried using a separate flow for each cue? That way, you can guarantee ONE point will stay synchronised - typically the start of the cue. When you attach the video to the flow, you can specify the time offset in the video where the music starts.

Then you can tweak the tempo to line up the end of the music and the video cue, and IIRC there is a tool in Dorico to calculate the exact tempo to do that.

The default gap between flows for playback is 5 seconds, but you can change that to 0 if you want.

Return to “Dorico”