Issue with Cubase 8.1 and TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
ivanhalen73

Issue with Cubase 8.1 and TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack

Post by ivanhalen73 »

Hello,
I can't understand if it's an issue related to Cubase or to VoiceLive Rack, I hope you can help me to understand

I have two VoiceLive Rack and I tried in two different PCs with all possible combinations, but they behave in the same manner.

Here is what's going on

I connected MIDI Out of my Sound Cards (tried with Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 and Scarlett 18i20) to MIDI In of VLR for Program Change, Control Change and Harmony with a MIDI track

In Cubase 8.1 I went to Transport > Project Synchronization Setup and set as in attachment 01.png
In VLR I went on my favorite preset, then enter the Delay tab and set the source as MIDI, and store the preset: so the delay is in sync with the tempo of my song

The Cubase track transmits on channel 16 and the VLR receives on track 16 (Setup > MIDI tab > Channel and CC Chan, both on 16), but I tried with other channels too

So far so good, al, is in sync and it works (Harmony voices are a charme).
Now, if I stop the song and go back, VLR Delay Source changes from MIDI to TAP! While playing the song I change it again to MIDI and all is fine, but when I stop the song and go to the beginning or in another part of the song, it resets again to TAP. EVERY SINGLE TIME I STOP THE SONG IT AND GO BACK IT LOSES "MIDI" AND SWITCH TO "TAP". Same with "TIME": it always changes to "TAP". And remember, with both VLR I own, on two different machines

The "MIDI" Source is stored on the preset: if I change preset and then go back to my favorite one, I can see "MIDI". But when I start the song, stop and change the cursor on the song, it resets to "TAP"

On Cubase, I also tried to check the "Always send start message" and "Send MIDI Clock in Stop Mde" ticks, but the problem remains

This is driving me mad: please, have you got idea where the problem lies?

Thanks
Attachments
01.png
(51.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet

ivanhalen73

Re: Issue with Cubase 8.1 and TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack

Post by ivanhalen73 »

Ok, I answer myself for users who have this issue too.
It's a bug in TC-Helicon Voice Live Rack, that I submitted to TC-Helicon years ago with a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UomwVlDifg) and still waiting for a solution after all the "yes, we'll fix it" (maybe in another life, but they didn't specified)

Return to “Issues”