My Pro 8 keeps freezing

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
gsmccar

My Pro 8 keeps freezing

Post by gsmccar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:19 am

Just started a week or two ago. I'll be working and all will be fine -- until I get an error message (see attached) and everything freezes. So I close Cubase using my Taskmaster. If I reboot the computer, I can get Cubase working again -- for awhile, and then it freezes again.

eLicenser is mentioned in the error. When I go to eLicenser, it just give the window you see attached: "reading eLicences" and just hangs there. But if I open eLicenser after rebooting my computer, it'll open fine and shows all the licenses active.

Anyway, I'm stuck. Can't work. Really bummed. Any suggestions? I put in a support ticket to Steinberg, but haven't heard back. Maybe one of you can shed some light on the problem. Should I delete Cubase and reload? Will that cause any problem? Thanks.
Attachments
Elicenser.JPG
This is what I get when I go to my eLicenser. But nothing happens.
(63.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cubase error.JPG
I'll be working and this will pop up, and everything freezes.
(27.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gigabyte P27 laptop running Windows 10; Cubase Pro 10; UR44 interface; M-Audio BGX5a monitors; iLock monitors: Presonus Faderport; "Really Nice Preamp": Yamaha P95 digital piano: Nektar LX25+ controller

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: My Pro 8 keeps freezing

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:26 am

Hi,

It seems USB-eLicenser is disconnected. Make sure, you are using USB 2.0 port, not USB 3. Make sure you have the latest eLCC application installed.

Maybe it's worth to buy a new USB-eLicenser and transfer the license. Might be, your USB-eLicenser is damaged.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Issues”