Lock Punch Points to Locators in 8.5.30

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
Keezix

Lock Punch Points to Locators in 8.5.30

Post by Keezix » Wed May 24, 2017 10:44 pm

I recently updated from 8.5.20 to 8.5.30.
Long before this update, I had made a post lamenting that the new menu item: 'Transport/Punch Points/Lock Punch Points to Locators' did not allow for saving the setting (on or off) in any form. Being used to previous Cubase versions for many years, I wound up inadvertently not recording one-of-a-kind musical performances, and trying to explain myself to angry musicians :oops: . My "solution" was to create a key command, so I could quickly turn this menu item ON every time I loaded or started a project. It now seems that in version 8.5.30 that this menu item status is now memorized with the project. That's the good news :) . The bad news is that Steinberg utterly neglected to mention anything about this in the release notes for 8.5.30. As a result of that, when I opened an existing project and immediately made the key command I mentioned earlier, it would turn that menu item OFF instead of the expected ON, since it had already been memorized with the project as being ON. Since I was using a key command instead of mousing the menu item directly, there was no visual feedback to warn me that once again... I was about to inadvertently not record one-of-a-kind musical performances, again upsetting musicians and having them think that I was an unqualified engineer :oops: . Why oh why, did Steinberg fail to document this change??? :cry: I'm thinking that since most modern Cubase users are no longer doing any performance recording, exclusively using loops instead (which I will never do!), this was therefore considered too inconsequential to mention.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Open or start a new project
2) Open menu item 'Transport/Punch Points/Lock Punch Points to Locators'
3) Check menu item ON (the default is OFF)
4) Save the project
5) re-open the project and view the menu item from step 2
6) Verify that your setting is the same as it was when you saved the project
Cubase Pro 10 & earlier versions
Apple Mac Pro Intel Xeon Quad-core w/11 gig RAM
running OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra
MOTU 2408 Mk3/ PCIe-424
MOTU midi express XT
iConnectivity MIDI2+
Apple iMac - Intel Core i3 w/4 gig RAM,
running OSX 10.11.6
Steinberg UR 44 interface