Workflow & Template tips thread 2016

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
airflamesred

Re: Workflow & Template tips thread 2016

Post by airflamesred »

jamieboo wrote:Hello folks
This would suit me very well I think, and I wouldn't need to spend time coming up with lots of Expression Maps. BUT it seems that if you work this way and then draw a dynamic CC curve in on the controller lane, the CC data ONLY applies to midi channel 1. SO in the Key Editor any notes above the drawn curve that are assigned midi channel 1 will have the CC data applied to them, but any notes on other channels will not.
Is this the case or am I missing a setting somewhere?

(I'm on Cubase 8 and mainly using EW Hollywood Orchestra Diamond)
I'm on 8.5 but hopefully this applies. Select the cc data and change the channel of that as well.
Koby drums, Triggera Krigg, Bix, megadrum, Kontakt. samples from All and Sundry.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

jamieboo wrote:Hello folks

Just been reading through this very useful thread!

I have a question about using Expression Maps or not in templates.
Before Expression Maps were discussed in the thread someone mentioned having different articulations set to different midi channels. Then having that instance routed through to a SINGLE midi track (set to 'Midi Channel: All') so the articulations can be changed by simply changing the midi channel of the note in question.
This would suit me very well I think, and I wouldn't need to spend time coming up with lots of Expression Maps. BUT it seems that if you work this way and then draw a dynamic CC curve in on the controller lane, the CC data ONLY applies to midi channel 1. SO in the Key Editor any notes above the drawn curve that are assigned midi channel 1 will have the CC data applied to them, but any notes on other channels will not.
Is this the case or am I missing a setting somewhere?

(I'm on Cubase 8 and mainly using EW Hollywood Orchestra Diamond)
Yes that is how it works. A clunky workaround would be to create a midi track just for cc data. Then copy it for however many midi channels you are using and set those to specific channel numbers.

Or wait a bit for someone else to provide the elegant approach.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

airflamesred

Post by airflamesred »

raino wrote: Yes that is how it works. A clunky workaround would be to create a midi track just for cc data. Then copy it for however many midi channels you are using and set those to specific channel numbers.

Or wait a bit for someone else to provide the elegant approach.
Once you have changed the channel of the notes, marquee select the pertaining cc data, and in the info line change the channel of that also.

This really should be in the manual.
Koby drums, Triggera Krigg, Bix, megadrum, Kontakt. samples from All and Sundry.

Return to “General”