Here is westwoodi's step by step test (I just tried it again when 8.5.10 came out):
westwoodi wrote:After hours of playing around with my template, I came to the conclusion that operation was random and my template file was corrupt. Having not seen any problems on a test with a new file I decided to start re-creating my template from scratch. I soon came across the problem, and have an sequence which fails consistently on my machine. It is so basic, that I wonder if my Cubase install is dodgy.
1. Create a new empty project
2. Add a single instrument track (Prologue for example), load an expression map and assign it to the track
3. Disable the track
4. Save the project and close it
5. Open the project
6. Add a second instrument track (Prologue again) and assign the expression map
7. Disable the track
8. Save the project and close it
9. Open the project
10. Enable track2 and the expression map link is OK (Optional step, does not affect the outcome)
11. Enable track1 and the expression map link as gone
Would someone mind spending five minutes and testing this on their setup please?
Thanks in advance, Ian