Cubase 10, Focusrite pro 24, Windows 10

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
Pouncer

Cubase 10, Focusrite pro 24, Windows 10

Post by Pouncer » Thu May 23, 2019 9:39 am

I am using the latest Focusrite drivers, fully installed everything else, but keep getting drop outs when recording and glitches in playback where it goes silent. The drivers from Focusrite aren't designed for cubase 10 or windows 10 so I'm having to use the nearest I can find on their website.

Is this an asio driver issue?
Should I try Asio4All instead?
Is it a Focusrite issue?

It was not a problem on Windows 10 with cubase 5 so I'm not sure why the new cubase 10 is making it have problems.

Any ideas?

gravehill

Re: Cubase 10, Focusrite pro 24, Windows 10

Post by gravehill » Fri May 24, 2019 6:13 pm

I'm using the same (see signature) with no issues. What buffer setting do you have? I'm having ASIO guard turned on but I'm not sure how much difference it makes.
i9 9900k, 32 GB RAM, AsRock Taichi Ultimate MoBo, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP with Win10 64 bit and Cubase 10. http://www.chaosresearch.net

Vital Few

Re: Cubase 10, Focusrite pro 24, Windows 10

Post by Vital Few » Tue May 28, 2019 8:38 am

I ditched Focusrite for the same reason. Their drivers realy sucks.

They are okay if you just want to record a vocal, but as soon as you want to use some VSTi's, everything starts to crack an pop.
I solved my problem by saving up some money and bought myself a pro soundcard. My advice is - stay away from the cheap stuff. If you want to make great music, you also need great equipment.
Cubase Pro 10, Dual Xeon E5-2670, 128 gigs of ram, Samsung EVO 860 1 TB primary, Samsung EVO 960 2 TB secondary, Komplete, Waves, Softube, a bunch of VSTi's, Prism Sound Titan.

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”