Mix's Sound Like Mud In C6

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Split
Grand Senior Member

Re: Mix's Sound Like Mud In C6

Post by Split »

The last w7 update was on 24/3/11 and was an update to the windows certificate list.
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

JohnOnKeyz

Post by JohnOnKeyz »

k8stribe wrote:Anyone out there using a 1010 w/ W7 that isn’t having issues have a tweak or setting your using that I may be overlooking?
I used a 1010 for a couple of months before I got my PreSonus board and didn't have any problems.

I agree with Glyn about Windows 7 seeming to "reset" itself, especially after updates, etc... I have set mine to don't notify, don't do it automatically. Then I went in and disabled the service. I also fought constantly with the power options which kept returning to "economy" mode.
John
(Maryland, USA)
~~~ the Aftereffekt ~~~ - - - - - | | | - - - - - ~~~ Slyd Studios ~~~

Post by Guest »

split said
The last w7 update was on 24/3/11 and was an update to the windows certificate list.
Yes I remember now. Wasn't that the one that screwed everyone's 1010s? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul Bryce

Post by Paul Bryce »

Split wrote:The last w7 update was on 24/3/11 and was an update to the windows certificate list.
So from that info, k8stribe's computer clock must be out of whack too :)
Near the Rockies, Alberta

k8stribe

Post by k8stribe »

I have purposely allowed the W7 updates to install to see if that's the culprit. After poking around before I restored my system I found two asio drivers installed not related to my 1010. One was windows based asio.dll and the ASUS version is AsIo.dll. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the problem but there’s definitely something changing my system during the W7 updates. One I notice making big changes to my system the last update were Windows Live and Silverlight which I had trouble uninstalling the first time I had this issue. The ASUS updates I installed did seem to be overwritten after the last W7 update I let install. I installed the ASUS auto update program for my board and when I tried to open an error message popped up saying it was not properly installed same with the ASUS Easy Tune. They both worked prior to the update.

Eventually I’ll go back to my basic install and turn all updates off. I would just like to find out the root of the problem so that may help others in the future. Plus I don't have the $$$$ for a new Interface yet.

I don’t want to post the two samples of the same song until I’m sure my system rolled back properly.

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

k8stribe wrote:
I don’t want to post the two samples of the same song until I’m sure my system rolled back properly.
Then I am done
"There is no avant-garde; only some people a bit behind." -- Edgar Varese
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember

k8stribe

Post by k8stribe »

twilightsong wrote:
k8stribe wrote:
Then I am done
if I post them from my PC in its current condition they will both sound bas and it wont help. I did a sys restore last night and hopefully it will sound like it did on Saturday. If does I'll post them tonight.

DaveDaveDave

Re: Mix's Sound Like Mud On W7 with m-audio delta 1010

Post by DaveDaveDave »

k8stribe wrote:
twilightsong wrote:
k8stribe wrote:
Then I am done
if I post them from my PC in its current condition they will both sound bas and it wont help. I did a sys restore last night and hopefully it will sound like it did on Saturday. If does I'll post them tonight.

Actually, I don't think they will. On *your* machine they will definitely sound messed up while playing them back, but probably not on another box. I could be wrong.
Last edited by DaveDaveDave on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cubase 6.0.3, Wavelab 7, Halion 3.5, Halion Sonic, Groove Agent 3
MC Control/Mix iMac RME UFX

k8stribe

Post by k8stribe »

I rolled back my settings to Friday and cleaned and defragged my system. This morning everything sounded good as far as I could tell. I will post a sample this evening when I get home. I’ll take a matching part from my burned CD from Sunday for a comparison. Been buisy at work not leaving me with much time for troubleshooting.

Zenda

Post by Zenda »

Hi K8stribe

Just got an email from this lot, informing me of a new post.

It's focussing on Win 7 32 bit when operating at 96.000 khz. Might not have useful stuff for what your working with. However .... that guy Bonestone .... way I see it, is he's made a Crusade to troubleshoot Maudio Delta Drivers

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.ph ... king/page2

All the best
Glyn
The Gypsy King
Music - out of date
Photos

i7930, OCZ Vertex2, Raptors, RME Multiface 2, 12gigRam, C5, Photoshop CS5, Unreal Tournament.

Post by Guest »

Why haven't the mods pulled this topic?
Been buisy at work not leaving me with much time for troubleshooting.
k8stribe has been wasting the forum's time and expertise since he joined in February. Please kick him off. :evil:

k8stribe

Post by k8stribe »

Thanks Zenda,

OK here's my attempt to let you hear what I'm hearing, never mind the song I did a few simple beats on the drums and looped them and my friend and I did a quick improv so we didnt put much effort in and used our standard retro set up.

Sample #1 is the recorded tracks eported directly from C6 moments ago.

Sample #2 is the same exact mix exported and recorded to CD after the W7 update. I have rolled back to Friday with success and re imported the CD mix into a empty project and re-exported the file.

They both sound completely different. The CD burned after the W7 update has drop outs phase issues on my end.

Hopefully this works
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

Why burn to CD?

Anyway... looks like problem solved, leave your setup as is, switch off update and get on with making music :lol:
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

k8stribe

Post by k8stribe »

Split wrote:Why burn to CD?

Anyway... looks like problem solved, leave your setup as is, switch off update and get on with making music :lol:

I think I'm finally on track and I'm able to get decent guitar tones again seeing how that’s the only thing that matters and guitarist are usually the coolest people in the band.

I was really trying to find out what in the W7 update was actually causing my problem but if you go on the M-Audio forum you can see W7 has been a problem for a lot of people and no one so far has been able to pin point it.

My post should have been titled Mixes Sound Like Mud In W7 Using A Delta 1010.

Anyways now I can get back to work in peace! I’m going to miss all of the rude dialog from this post.

And Zebbie; you really need to find something in life a bit more constructive than internet bashing, it’s not really working for you. You need a little help on your delivery and execution, your one liners are neither witty nor do they provoke any intelligent thought whatsoever. If you need help in the writing of comedic satire department PM me I’m available for hire.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”