Any news on Cubase 6 ?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Paul Woodlock

Re: Any news on Cubase 6 ?

Post by Paul Woodlock »

face.saver wrote:Use Vista 32, it's the new XP.

Win7 is the new XP IMHO. Vista is horrible in my experience. Vista reminds me of Windows ME.
XP is so '90's
XP was released in 2001 Image
Got a Brian - Morans

"It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" -- Andre Gide

Post by Guest »

Win 7 is not the new XP.

Vista is the new XP because it is legacy, it is simple OS life cycle.

The only reason MS decided to continue supporting XP was because of the netbook phenomenon, and it was a good move because it means even old software like SX will work more or less flawlessly.

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

Quietly wrote:My only questions is will 6 work on XP 32 Bit?

If it doesn't I'm really in a fix as at the centre of my studio is a Yamaha 01X that works superbly with 5.5.2. Unfortunately Yamaha decided not to produce 64 Bit drivers for it which after the cash I have thrown at them over the years is really considerate of them. I guess I shall know in a week :roll:
There is now a XP profile (not talking about compatibility mode) for Win7. I don't know if you can run the 32 bit version in Win7 x64 and load the drivers though.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Paul Woodlock

Post by Paul Woodlock »

face.saver wrote:Win 7 is not the new XP.

Vista is the new XP because it is legacy, it is simple OS life cycle.....
....of leapfrogging. Vista was the new Windows ME. Win 7 is the new XP.

Got a Brian - Morans

"It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" -- Andre Gide

Chris Beuermann

Post by Chris Beuermann »

Hello face saver,

Could you stop posting these kind of "crap" ?

Thank you !

Chris

Post by Guest »

Hi Chris

It may be that what I have said is "crap" but also that I may be trying to save some face over the debacle of logins and server timeouts.

I am hoping for a more cohesive forum community and in particular a revolution in how the DAW is seen and used.

Thank you for making this most excellent website, and I hope it will be improved to include such things as better member identification, including Member status for posts over 100 (we are not babies now) and to know from which country someone is from as although most users are very fluent with english, there are some on the outer margins who maybe are using a different system who need to be brought back into the friendly fold which is steinberg.net/forum

P.S. maybe you can implement a sub-domain instead of / for easier navigation to this website and internet wide search

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Guest wrote:Hi Chris

It may be that what I have said is "crap" but also that I may be trying to save some face over the debacle of logins and server timeouts.

I am hoping for a more cohesive forum community and in particular a revolution in how the DAW is seen and used.

Thank you for making this most excellent website, and I hope it will be improved to include such things as better member identification, including Member status for posts over 100 (we are not babies now) and to know from which country someone is from as although most users are very fluent with english, there are some on the outer margins who maybe are using a different system who need to be brought back into the friendly fold which is steinberg.net/forum

P.S. maybe you can implement a sub-domain instead of / for easier navigation to this website and internet wide search

Wow, our first 'Guest" :lol: !
Cubase Pro 10.5 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 10 | i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | AMD Radeon RX 580 | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

Mauri wrote:
Guest wrote:Hi Chris

Wow, our first 'Guest" :lol: !
oh no, there was a guesting about two days in.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Paul Bryce

Post by Paul Bryce »

JMCecil wrote:Wow, our first 'Guest" :lol: !
oh no, there was a guesting about two days in.[/quote]

I think first it was Epiphany, then he came back as Sanctimony, then he came back again as face.saver, and now I'm waiting to see if he comes back again under yet another name. :roll:
Near the Rockies, Alberta

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

Paul Bryce wrote:
JMCecil wrote:
Mauri wrote: wrote:Wow, our first 'Guest" :lol: !
oh no, there was a guesting about two days in.
I think first it was Epiphany, then he came back as Sanctimony, then he came back again as face.saver, and now I'm waiting to see if he comes back again under yet another name. :roll:

Are we taking bets? :mrgreen:

Any new member with 30 posts after 3 hours with the same peculiar wise nonsense bull *flower*/fertilizer distribution tactics? :roll:
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

zephonic

Post by zephonic »

The screenshot show something that looks suspiciously like Halionsonic. If they include it in 6 I'm gonna feel royally screwed.
Cubase 9.5.50 - Halion 6 - HalionSonic 3 - assorted plugins/instruments
2009 MacPro | 3.33GHz 6-core | 24GB RAM | OSX 10.12.6
Avid Mbox3Pro
iPad 5 - iOS12 - Cubase iC Pro

gravehill

Post by gravehill »

HalionSonicONE perhaps?
i9 9900k, 32 GB RAM, AsRock Taichi Ultimate MoBo, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP with Win10 64 bit and Cubase 10. http://www.chaosresearch.net

shorty

Post by shorty »

Perhaps someone isn´t going to beta test Cubase 7 and Halion Sonic anymore. :lol:

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

You can take a closer but blurred look at the little image if you zoom using [CTRL]+[numPad+] a few times in Firefox, then [CTRL]+[numPad0] to reset it again.

And then ... :shock:
WTF is THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... ???

C6 8-)

OTOH I wonder if they break something or if they fix the Device Panels, Export dialog, Freeze ... ?
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6

fastlane

Post by fastlane »

HowlingUlf wrote:You can take a closer but blurred look at the little image if you zoom using [CTRL]+[numPad+] a few times in Firefox, then [CTRL]+[numPad0] to reset it again.

And then ... :shock:
WTF is THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... and THAT ... ???

C6 8-)

OTOH I wonder if they break something or if they fix the Device Panels, Export dialog, Freeze ... ?
I've done that at least 10 time now :lol:

I see the pretty looking amp (about time they dressed it up a bit!!!!) with some pedals
New mixer design
Loop mash with something new along the bottom
Something that looks like Halion 4 (maybe a newly designed Halion one - hopefully new sounds too)
Maybe Pitch driver from Nuendo 5?????
Load more but it's just too small :?
Emeraz
FastLane Studio

Sonik

Post by Sonik »

It's an LE version of HalionSonic... ;)
Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 5|Protools 2020.5|Cubase Pro 10.5.20|Wavelab 10.0.40|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (24 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete12 Ultimate|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 3|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum|ANA2|Korg Collection 2
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|Sonnox|Eventide|Oeksound

Post by Guest »

Sonik wrote:It's an LE version of HalionSonic... ;)
Can't wait!

Sonik

Post by Sonik »

bentley wrote:
Can't wait!
Me too, even knowing that it will come out in +/- 2 month...
Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 5|Protools 2020.5|Cubase Pro 10.5.20|Wavelab 10.0.40|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (24 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete12 Ultimate|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 3|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum|ANA2|Korg Collection 2
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|Sonnox|Eventide|Oeksound

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

Sonik wrote:It's an LE version of HalionSonic... ;)
Horrible!!!
Not again halb-baked-kiddie-"LE"-and-so-on Synths like HalionOne, or GrooveAgentOne!!!
We need a good and simple onboard-sampler!
My opinion.
:cry:
Last edited by Centralmusic on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

Post by Guest »

Sonik wrote:
bentley wrote:
Can't wait!
Me too, even knowing that it will come out in +/- 2 month...
I never liked HALone much, not really authentic so if there is improvement due to HAL4 engine I'll be most interested.

Post by Guest »

If it doesn't I'm really in a fix as at the centre of my studio is a Yamaha 01X that works superbly with 5.5.2. Unfortunately Yamaha decided not to produce 64 Bit drivers for it which after the cash I have thrown at them over the years is really considerate of them. I guess I shall know in a week :roll:
All upcoming new releases will work on Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 only.

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

EdDoll wrote:

All upcoming new releases will work on Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 only.
http://cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=140002

;)
Gothenburg, Sweden

More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

I am curious why noone have any thoughts about the windows management in cubase 6. Maybe because it is only two days to go official. Everything seems really good from the information i have read. But what is your guess about the windows management? But that i mean only that no windows go "minimal when you open a nother. always on top for every window. Please!

Post by Guest »

EdDoll wrote:All upcoming new releases will work on Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 only.
Hi

Does that mean that new releases won't even install on older systems eg the "kernel" or is it a case of no official support hence you are on your own.

If it is the former, then that would amount to an absolute change in Steinberg policy, so can an authoritative figure confirm please?

Oh and to the lay members, can we please stop quoting "parrot fashion" everything that the mods say, it's kind of making it annoying and seems like an @ss kiss to me. :oops:

Post by Guest »

It looks like it can at least be installed and started on Windows XP but we haven't tested anything so not sure if there's something that might not work.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”