Any news on Cubase 6 ?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Re: Any news on Cubase 6 ?

Post by Guest »

HowlingUlf wrote:Wanna buy some snake oil? ;)
Of course I record @ 96Khz and mix down at 44.1 :idea:

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

face.saver wrote: With software you have unstable oscillations thus are useless for song writing.
face.saver wrote:until I can afford the real deal (kurzweil or modern moogers etc).
Amongst, the rest of that steaming pile of "information", is this charming theory ... He wants to go moog for the stable oscillators .... good luck with that.

I'm hoping Mr. saver is just having a laugh. Otherwise ...shudder...
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

The Oracle

Post by The Oracle »

face.saver wrote:Hi oracle,

was it analog or digital?
The Yamaha CS 80 was for sure an "Analog-Monster" (PPG was a different thing that time). I still have solo tracks where I have recorded the CS 80. I have done comparison with the emulated CS 80 by Arturia. I might be deaf but it was nearly impossible to tell the difference (beside the fact that the "Soft-CS80" did not run out of tune).
Most of the todays Hardware Synths are computers anyway, they even boot... :D

But back to topic, this is about Cubase 6

Chris Beuermann

Post by Chris Beuermann »

Here a picture of some nice stuff at the Frankfurter Musik Messe 2009

Cheers,

Chris
Attachments
C6.png
(735.21 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Post by Guest »

Renee wrote:I have just decided to upgrade to Cubase 5. Now I read that Cubase 6 is on it's way. I'm not a innovator, somebody who want something that is new immediatly, but it would be nice that I can buy Cubase 5 and than update to 6 for free or a little amout €($), not again the update prize.
I've heard that Steinberg have done something in the past.

My question is: does Steinberg do that always, sorry I don't know the name for it, If you buy a product within a certain time that it is released, that you can update for "free".
If so, how can I find out when this period is?
We will announce those things with the offical product announcement as well. But yes, there will be a grace period for customer who just bought Cubase 5.

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

Steinberg cooperation:
The Oracle wrote:But back to topic, this is about Cubase 6
Chris Beuermann wrote:Here a picture of some nice stuff at the Frankfurter Musik Messe 2009

Cheers,

Chris
:mrgreen:

Is this modular thingie included in the box when we buy Cubase 6? 8-) :lol:
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

Chris Beuermann

Post by Chris Beuermann »

No, it is not included in the box :)

When you have Cubase 6, you don't need that kind of stuff anymore I think (sorry cannot give more details)

Cheers,

Chris

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

:o
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

HowlingUlf wrote:Steinberg cooperation:
The Oracle wrote:But back to topic, this is about Cubase 6
Chris Beuermann wrote:Here a picture of some nice stuff at the Frankfurter Musik Messe 2009

Cheers,

Chris

Is this modular thingie included in the box when we buy Cubase 6? 8-) :lol:
Cubase Upgrade $199
Shipping $12,799
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

fastlane

Post by fastlane »

Chris Beuermann wrote:No, it is not included in the box :)

When you have Cubase 6, you don't need that kind of stuff anymore I think (sorry cannot give more details)

Cheers,

Chris

Now you are really wetting the appetite :P
Emeraz
FastLane Studio

amt

Post by amt »

Will the Cubase 6 update be available as a download as Wavelab 7?

:)
Andrew Townsend
:: Intel Xeon W3690 SLBW2 3.46Ghz Six-Core | Intel Desktop Board DX58OG | 24 GIG DDR3 RAM | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5inch SSD (1 for OS & 1 for LIBRARY) | 1 X Seagate 1TB for Projects | nVidia GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3 | 2 x Acer 24" LCD Monitor |

:: Windows 10 Pro 64bit :: Cubase Pro 10 64bit :: Wavelab Pro 9.5 64bit :: HALion 6 64bit / Halion Sonic 3 64bit :: Toontrack Superior Drummer 2 ::

:: Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB
:: Universal Audio Satellite Octo USB
:: Focusrite OctoPre MkII 8 channel ADAT

fastlane

Post by fastlane »

amt wrote:Will the Cubase 6 update be available as a download as Wavelab 7?

:)
Now that would be cool!
Emeraz
FastLane Studio

Post by Guest »

+ for downloadable cubase 6

Bach

Post by Bach »

Tones2 wrote:If we don't get moveable frozen parts, my head is going to pop off. :evil:
I would go further and say that if we don't get moveable frozen parts and an "export in place" function for Midi and Audio parts my head is going to pop off too! 8-)
Cubase 8.0.3/8.5, Wavelab 7.2.1, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, Halion 5,Halion Sonic 2, Virtual Guitarist 2, Neo Soul Keys
PC (specialized Audio DAW from Scan): Intel i74930, 3.4Ghz, Asus P9X79, 32GB RAM, ASUS GT610 Silent PCI-E
Audio Interface: RME UFX
Laptop: MacBook Pro i7 2.2 8GB RAM, OSX 10.10
Motif XF8
CC121

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

Cheers,
Chris
because of the step sequenzer in analog modular systems?
than, I think Cubase 6 offers LoopMash 2 (see the screenshot above, page 1 in this thread...)
:(
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

Tones2 wrote:If we don't get moveable frozen parts, my head is going to pop off. :evil:
And I would be due you a smoked kipper :lol:
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

patcub

Post by patcub »

Cheers,

Chris
You are saying too much things and not enough at the same time.

My guess : Halion included in C6 :mrgreen:

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

patcub wrote:
You mean HalionOne, improved with more than the existing 8 plugin controllers (perhaps 10?).
My guess...
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!

patcub

Post by patcub »

Centralmusic wrote:
patcub wrote:
You mean HalionOne, improved with more than the existing 8 plugin controllers (perhaps 10?).
My guess...
Sounds awesome :lol:

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

patcub wrote:
Centralmusic wrote:
patcub wrote:
My guess...
Sounds awesome :lol:
and costs 199 $ (my guess)
Why not. We´ll see...
:lol: ;-)

Neve Y

Post by Neve Y »

Hoping 4 some sonnox plug's like they did with wavelab.

Quietly

Post by Quietly »

My only questions is will 6 work on XP 32 Bit?

If it doesn't I'm really in a fix as at the centre of my studio is a Yamaha 01X that works superbly with 5.5.2. Unfortunately Yamaha decided not to produce 64 Bit drivers for it which after the cash I have thrown at them over the years is really considerate of them. I guess I shall know in a week :roll:
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Studio One 4.6. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz 4GB RAM. ASUS Radeon R7-259 Graphics Card , Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Komplete Kontrol S61 and HS80M Monitors. Komplete 10 Ultimate, Symphobia, Ozone 8 etc

Post by Guest »

Use Vista 32, it's the new XP.

XP is so '90's

Quietly

Post by Quietly »

face.saver wrote:Use Vista 32, it's the new XP.

XP is so '90's

Been there and done that and let's be honest 7 is what Vista should have been. Have 7 on my laptop and putting Vista on my music PC just to go to 6 doesn't rock my boat. Stay with 5.5.2 or go with 7 64Bit and get rid of the 01X is perhaps the only other alternative. My sensible head says stay as I am but let's see what 6 really has to offer as apart from the cash aspect with upgrading hardware and software there is the nightmare of a complete reinstall. :cry:
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Studio One 4.6. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz 4GB RAM. ASUS Radeon R7-259 Graphics Card , Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Komplete Kontrol S61 and HS80M Monitors. Komplete 10 Ultimate, Symphobia, Ozone 8 etc

Post by Guest »

Quietly ;) I had started running SX as indicated here: http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=230

Steinberg software always runs better on older systems even though it is said they are not supported etc because the nature of computing is such that only the newest platforms are "supported" since as bugs surface they are remedied in the interests of furthering operation on those said platforms.

I do acknowledge that currently 5.5.2 is running slower than what I'd like but on the most part the audio is playing back fine, very little in the way of substandard performance so long as I am using drivers that adhere to the new windows audio specifications, WASAPI/MMCSS

HTH

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”