Any news on Cubase 6 ?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
johngar

Re: Any news on Cubase 6 ?

Post by johngar »

I hope that C6 has Clip Packages like N5. That feature alone is seriously having me consider Nuendo.
PC | Nuendo 10 | i7-4930k | Win10 | 32gb ram | Intensity Pro | Radeon HD7700 | RME9632 | Euphonix MC Control -Mix - Transport | Generic

artifactdetroit.com

Bacizone

Post by Bacizone »

I really hope this is not all for C6: I still expect a unified Instrument Track - disabling the old VST rack - and the use for multi-out instruments as well. Maybe some more mixer routing improvements...

crohde

Post by crohde »

Dear customers,

Since much of the information has reached you prior to the official announcement, we've decided to respond to this thread. Yes, Cubase 6 will be announced at the NAMM. However, we ask you to sit tight -- it's only another week. Please understand that we want to introduce it to the public in a professional manner and not spill all the beans ahead of the big day. So hang in there! 8-)
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

fastlane

Post by fastlane »

crohde wrote:Dear customers,

Since much of the information has reached you prior to the official announcement, we've decided to respond to this thread. Yes, Cubase 6 will be announced at the NAMM. However, we ask you to sit tight -- it's only another week. Please understand that we want to introduce it to the public in a professional manner and not spill all the beans ahead of the big day. So hang in there! 8-)

8-) Thank you for the information Carlos. Really looking forward to it!!
Emeraz
FastLane Studio

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

Cubase! Now with 10% more beans ... it's official.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

patcub

Post by patcub »

Thanks for the info. I hope next week Steinberg will release the entire list of new features added to C6.

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

Yeeeah!!!!
Thanks Carlos!
8-)
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

Renee

Post by Renee »

I have just decided to upgrade to Cubase 5. Now I read that Cubase 6 is on it's way. I'm not a innovator, somebody who want something that is new immediatly, but it would be nice that I can buy Cubase 5 and than update to 6 for free or a little amout €($), not again the update prize.
I've heard that Steinberg have done something in the past.

My question is: does Steinberg do that always, sorry I don't know the name for it, If you buy a product within a certain time that it is released, that you can update for "free".
If so, how can I find out when this period is?
MBP i7 2.66 GHz 4 GB: Cubase 6.xx, 5.5., SX3
Win 7/64: wenn I have the time to build a new DAW
Win XP: Cubase SX3

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

Renee wrote:I have just decided to upgrade to Cubase 5. Now I read that Cubase 6 is on it's way. I'm not a innovator, somebody who want something that is new immediatly, but it would be nice that I can buy Cubase 5 and than update to 6 for free or a little amout €($), not again the update prize.
I've heard that Steinberg have done something in the past.

My question is: does Steinberg do that always, sorry I don't know the name for it, If you buy a product within a certain time that it is released, that you can update for "free".
I'm sure they will include a 'Grace Period' for (free) updates to the latest edition - or, at the least a very minimal extra cost. Sounds like you'll need to hang on a week or so for details to emerge... :-)

Bob
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5.20, WaveLab Pro v10.0.40, Studio One v4.6.1, Dorico Elements v3.5.10, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

AndrewW

Post by AndrewW »

Bacizone wrote:I really hope this is not all for C6: I still expect a unified Instrument Track - disabling the old VST rack - and the use for multi-out instruments as well. Maybe some more mixer routing improvements...

Disabling the Old VST RACK? why? I think having VST rack is just great, specially for Multi-timbrial instruments. What would be cool is if Steinberg took this VST rack idea further and allowed us to start instruments on networked computers via VST rack. Sort of like Vienna Ensemble PRO does, but from within VST rack. That would be an industry first!

I do hope that we'll see more new features in Cubase 6 then what was posted on the Webinar, but nevertheless I'm happy to see that new version of Cubase is coming.

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

At last...

Looks like an update to C6 from C4 may just be on the cards :D
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

NorthWood MediaWorks

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks »

Thanks for the confirmation, I'd received the same notification as the others... won't spend my Christmas money just yet then! 8-) :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Any idea on pricing????? :o
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

dNET

Post by dNET »

If i remember correctly it was $179 to upgrade to v.5, prior to that it was $149. Let's just wait and see.. :)

NorthWood MediaWorks

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks »

dNET wrote:If i remember correctly it was $179 to upgrade to v.5, prior to that it was $149. Let's just wait and see.. :)
Hopefully the lower price! But we know how the world turns eh! :(

deadpoet

Post by deadpoet »

So far the feature set looks nice (and if there's more, even better). Gonna be an expensive upgrade for me
(Q6600 2Gb -> i7 +6Gb, WinXp -> W7x64, C5->C6)

Herwig

The Oracle

Post by The Oracle »

Renee wrote:
If I remember right it's six weeks prior to the launch date.

THEMATIC

Post by THEMATIC »

deadpoet wrote:So far the feature set looks nice (and if there's more, even better). Gonna be an expensive upgrade for me
(Q6600 2Gb -> i7 +6Gb, WinXp -> W7x64, C5->C6)

Herwig

Same here!
Probably lots of users that are still on XP 32 are going to update their system to a W7 64 together with this Cubase update.
One Love

Renee

Post by Renee »

Bob and The Oracle thank your for your reply.
MBP i7 2.66 GHz 4 GB: Cubase 6.xx, 5.5., SX3
Win 7/64: wenn I have the time to build a new DAW
Win XP: Cubase SX3

Post by Guest »

Tones2 wrote:If we don't get moveable frozen parts, my head is going to pop off. :evil:
You should get the I7 980X and you may never have to use freeze again.

Post by Guest »

Sean Dockery wrote:
Tones2 wrote:If we don't get moveable frozen parts, my head is going to pop off. :evil:
Most softsynths are rubbish anyway.

About all a DAW can effectively do (bar DSP systems) is provide sample playback with limited synthesis capability let alone accuracy of filters, lfo etc

I much prefer solid state devices such as motif, roland gear etc

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

face.saver wrote:
Sean Dockery wrote:
Most softsynths are rubbish anyway.

About all a DAW can effectively do (bar DSP systems) is provide sample playback with limited synthesis capability let alone accuracy of filters, lfo etc

I much prefer solid state devices such as motif, roland gear etc

How about Korg Analogue and Digital Collections, Omnisphere, Absynth and Reaktor to name a few?

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 10.5 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 10 | i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | AMD Radeon RX 580 | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

Post by Guest »

hi Mauri

Don't use them.

Closest I came to softsynths was steinbergs' own, and even then the results are less than spectacular.

Hardware all the way, with pro DAW software like our fave app cubase works really well.

Tc powercore, Fantom & motif are great since you can record them back to the sequencer via firewire/usb.

Kurzweil, access virus and so on are good sounding but having only digital out is less versatile as it must involve another interface.

Cheers

The Oracle

Post by The Oracle »

face.saver wrote:hi Mauri

Don't use them.

Closest I came to softsynths was steinbergs' own, and even then the results are less than spectacular.

Hardware all the way, with pro DAW software like our fave app cubase works really well.

Tc powercore, Fantom & motif are great since you can record them back to the sequencer via firewire/usb.

Kurzweil, access virus and so on are good sounding but having only digital out is less versatile as it must involve another interface.

Cheers
Can't agree. I had PPG 2.3, CS80, Polysix and others. I sold them since I could not hear any difference to the emulated ones I own. I still have 10 hardware Synth's and samplers and I do not switch them on anymore.

Post by Guest »

Hi oracle,

was it analog or digital?

If the latter surely you cannot hang onto old gear like that.

It is very expensive to make solid state as deep bit-depth wise as software but that does not mean the result is better.

With software you have unstable oscillations thus are useless for song writing.

As for sample playback, about the best you will get is drum playback and some mediocre orchestral sounds.

Even motif has limited bit depth. Fantom range is better but cakewalk is bad software so stick to cubase/roland for now until I can afford the real deal (kurzweil or modern moogers etc).

I don't write much synth stuff at this time but when I do access virus on powercore isn't far away and in the back of my mind is the old creamware range as they have updated ASIO to 2.2, but not VST3.

I'd like to see what HAL4 will offer but for now I am sticking to tried and true X-table from terratec on Kontakt 4 and when I want to record I use Fantom over USB for reliability (no thanks mlan/firewire).

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

face.saver wrote:Hi oracle,

was it analog or digital?

If the latter surely you cannot hang onto old gear like that.

It is very expensive to make solid state as deep bit-depth wise as software but that does not mean the result is better.

With software you have unstable oscillations thus are useless for song writing.

As for sample playback, about the best you will get is drum playback and some mediocre orchestral sounds.

Even motif has limited bit depth. Fantom range is better but cakewalk is bad software so stick to cubase/roland for now until I can afford the real deal (kurzweil or modern moogers etc).

I don't write much synth stuff at this time but when I do access virus on powercore isn't far away and in the back of my mind is the old creamware range as they have updated ASIO to 2.2, but not VST3.

I'd like to see what HAL4 will offer but for now I am sticking to tried and true X-table from terratec on Kontakt 4 and when I want to record I use Fantom over USB for reliability (no thanks mlan/firewire).
Wanna buy some snake oil? ;)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”