Hypersonic 2 included in Halion Sonic 2?

For users of legacy Steinberg VST Instruments | VST Effects software
Xandre

Hypersonic 2 included in Halion Sonic 2?

Post by Xandre » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:45 pm

Hey, does anyone know if Hypersonic 2 can be found in newer Steinberg software products? I looked at the Halion Sonic 2 product details and there didn't seem to be any trace of Hypersonic 2 as one of the included software instruments. Is there any way to get a version of Hypersonic 2 in one of these newer software products by Steinberg?

paulevs

Re: Hypersonic 2 included in Halion Sonic 2?

Post by paulevs » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:40 pm

That's a big negative. Hypersonic has been discontinued long ago as the company that owned the license, Wizoo, was bought by Avid and now you will know them as Air Music Technology. Halion Sonic is the successor but there's none of the Hypersonic sounds included.

Hope this answers your question.

Season

Post by Season » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Hypersonic 2 is not in Halion Sonic, however you do receive the licenses for Hypersonic 1 and 2 when you buyand register Halion Sonic.

Xandre

Post by Xandre » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:42 am

Thanks paulevs, indeed you answered my question. But Season's reply has raised another one.
Season wrote:Hypersonic 2 is not in Halion Sonic, however you do receive the licenses for Hypersonic 1 and 2 when you buyand register Halion Sonic.
Season, would it be possible for you (or anyone) to clarify what this means? To receive the license for Hypersonic 2 when you buy and register Halion Sonic? If Hypersonic 1 and 2 have long since been discontinued, what is the purpose of these licenses being provided in Halion Sonic? And are these licenses for Hypersonic 1/2 included in the newer Halion Sonic 2?

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 am

paulevs wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:40 pm
Halion Sonic is the successor but there's none of the Hypersonic sounds included.
That's incorrect. Almost all of the Hypersonic 2 sounds are included with Halion Sonic in higher quality, with more samples across the keyboard, much more velocity layers and several articulations. Some of the worst sounds were replaced with samples from the Yamaha Motif XF.
Xandre wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:42 am
snip
A Hypersonic 2 license is included with Halion 6 and Absolute VST Collection 3. In Halion 6's case, you'll have to contact support and request a Halion 5 add-on license, which will allow you to use Hypersonic.

But you don't have to use Hypersonic, because like I said above, Halion and Halion Sonic come with all of the best Hypersonic 2 sounds in higher quality. They sound MUCH better than Hypersonic in a good mix.

The old Hypersonic strings are included in higher quality with the current version of Halion Symphonic Orchestra, which is part of Absolute 3.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

janomix

Post by janomix » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:50 am

Romantique Tp wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 am
That's incorrect. Almost all of the Hypersonic 2 sounds are included with Halion Sonic in higher quality, with more samples across the keyboard, much more velocity layers and several articulations. Some of the worst sounds were replaced with samples from the Yamaha Motif XF.
Completely incorrect and false. Halion Sonic come with NONE from Hypersonic 2 Wavetables or oscillators or patch/presets. Both are very different beast at all.

SYDIOM

Post by SYDIOM » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:09 pm

I have got a bunch of old tunes that used hypersonic. Thing is, when I try to open the tracks I get multiple errors, "batch cluster ... something".
Does anyone know Cubase well enough to help me look at how I can get the old tunes to open with Hypersonic?
Cheers

Denis van der Velde

Post by Denis van der Velde » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Halion Sonic 3, has some patched that look like Hypersonic 1 or 2 patches. But you will have to hunt them in the library and there is no to noe connection with Hypersonic. The sounds can sound the same, but you have to search the whole HalionSonic3 Library to find them piece by piece.
So there is no exact the same Hypersonic patches in HalionSonic. Alltouht some sounds might sound the same.
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C10,W10,Halion6,Groove Agent5,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFi Pro. Yamaha MW12c USB mixer.
Behringer TRUTH B2031A active studiomonitors. Sony MDR-V900 Headphones.
Steinberg CC121 Controller. Mackie Control Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

Return to “Legacy Steinberg VST Instruments | VST Effects”