For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
patcub

Re: Cubase 5.5.3 pre-announcement

Post by patcub »

Thanks Steinberg !

etchell

Post by etchell »

Brains wrote:Why would a company make an announcement that they would be updating legacy software and then not? :lol: :roll:
By management decision for instance!?
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))
Cubase 10.0.50 Pro / 10.5.20 Pro

Post by Guest »

C5 is legacy.

TrevorG

Post by TrevorG »

Cubase 6 trial version just out. Might that explain why C 5.5.3 is taking a while?
Intel Core I7 950@ 2.67GHz, 3GB Ultra Fast DDR3 1333MHz RAM, Asus P6T, Konnekt 24D, Cubase 6.5.3, Cubase 5.5.4, Win XP(32bit), Midex 8, Zebra 2, Reaktor, Motu Ethno Instrument 2, Halion Orchestra, Stylus RMX, BFD 2, Groove Agent, Synthmaster, EZDrummer, Voxengo, Quantum FX, Roland SBD-6, Evolution UC-33, Korg M1, Zebra, Guru, Geist CM, Rodes and Neumann, T.C Electronic M1, T.C. Finalizer, Ivory Series Compressor, Roland Super JV1080, SPL Vitalizer, Hagstrom Viking Baritone semi-acoustic,Spector XL5(U.S.), Washburn fretless acoustic 5, Overwater fretless, Parker Fly. Dynaudio BM6s. Saphire 4550 Dual head graphic card, 2X ViewSonic Monitors

etchell

Post by etchell »

I guess it is delayed 'cos they are working on a C6 bugfix update at the moment
I am quite sure these are the same people which take care of the 5.5.3. code ...
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))

Post by Guest »

That's probably right but who could not be happy with the promise of an update for a legacy piece of software?

TrevorG

Post by TrevorG »

Agreed, though I (quietly) question the prudence. There is simply not enough in C6 to tempt me at the moment. C5.5.2 works almost faultlessly for me and the promise of a better video engine(I'm into film sound tracks) and perhaps improved time stretch(back to the way it was, that is) is all I could ask for. I have great synths, drum programmes and don't really need the control of individual notes that C6 offers.

I'm also very attach to my Midex 8 and XP so the change would mean too many alterations in one life time.
So, Steinberg have shot themselves in the foot with me. I won't dash out for upgrades in search of reliability because the previous models are reliable enough...bit like those logic things people use.

Of course if they finally sort out the window sizing issue in a C6 update I'll buy it the next day. :D
Intel Core I7 950@ 2.67GHz, 3GB Ultra Fast DDR3 1333MHz RAM, Asus P6T, Konnekt 24D, Cubase 6.5.3, Cubase 5.5.4, Win XP(32bit), Midex 8, Zebra 2, Reaktor, Motu Ethno Instrument 2, Halion Orchestra, Stylus RMX, BFD 2, Groove Agent, Synthmaster, EZDrummer, Voxengo, Quantum FX, Roland SBD-6, Evolution UC-33, Korg M1, Zebra, Guru, Geist CM, Rodes and Neumann, T.C Electronic M1, T.C. Finalizer, Ivory Series Compressor, Roland Super JV1080, SPL Vitalizer, Hagstrom Viking Baritone semi-acoustic,Spector XL5(U.S.), Washburn fretless acoustic 5, Overwater fretless, Parker Fly. Dynaudio BM6s. Saphire 4550 Dual head graphic card, 2X ViewSonic Monitors

Post by Guest »

If your system is stable stick with it until it becomes unworkable, which inevitably it will as the underlying OS changes.

That is why we have the company providing updates in the first place, but it is unprecedented that they would further update a legacy piece of software so where is the "worship smiley".

Amenity421

Post by Amenity421 »

Thank Geebus! I never updated my C5 because of the Reverence issue. I can now, Thanks SB!

I had faith!
Dell Precision M4600 with port replicator
Intel Core i7-2920XM Extreme Edition quad-core processor (2.5GHz)
NVIDIA Quadro 2000M graphics (2GB GDDR3)
32GB DDR3-1333 RAM
500GB MSATA SSD - OS/DAW
1TB SSD - Storage
Cubase 8.5.20

ahjteam

Post by ahjteam »

I have this kind of error which is really annoying, using OSX 10.6.6 and Cubase 5.5.2 on late 2010 MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB DDR3 ram):

- I open cubase, I have only ilok and the elicenser dongles and the interface (profire 610) connected. It loads normally. No errors so far.
- I close the "Project Assistant" quick start window by pressing the "Cancel" button. No errors so far.
- I go to FILE > IMPORT > MIDI FILE, select midi file (this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/GM%20drum%20map.midi), select folder and press "Open". I get a new session with two instrument tracks. No errors so far
- I press "Save As...", give it a name and press "Save". On random occasions (when I tried to do this now for example I couldn't replicate this), I get an error saying that the the project file is corrupted and can not be saved. I have no idea why.

It is somehow related to the "import midi file" that it gives the project is corrupted (or something along those lines) error.

etchell

Post by etchell »

Perhaps you should better open a new threat for your issue since it may not get too much attention if it is "hidden" in this more or less elementary Cubase 5.5.3. update discussion.
Main Studio System

Helge Vogt

Post by Helge Vogt »

Hi all,
just to give you a small update on our progress: the Update wil be available by the end of march / begin of april. Unfortunately we found out, that it won't be possible to do further changes to the video engine in Cubase 5.5 due to technical reasons. I've added my first post to reflect this. All other areas look fine.

All the best,
Helge
Helge Vogt - Team Lead Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

JohnOnKeyz

Post by JohnOnKeyz »

Helge Vogt wrote:Hi all,
just to give you a small update on our progress: the Update wil be available by the end of march / begin of april. Unfortunately we found out, that it won't be possible to do further changes to the video engine in Cubase 5.5 due to technical reasons. I've added my first post to reflect this. All other areas look fine.

All the best,
Helge
Hi Helge,
What were the original improvements you were going to make on the video engine. I hadn't looked at this thread in a while, and am now wondering if it would have affected my work or not. (I'll be updating anyway, and eventually moving to C6... just requesting this info in the meantime though). Thanks!
John
(Maryland, USA)
~~~ the Aftereffekt ~~~ - - - - - | | | - - - - - ~~~ Slyd Studios ~~~

TrevorG

Post by TrevorG »

All the best,
Helge
Ah, broken promises. Now, that's the Steinberg I remember. ;)

Post by Guest »

So does this update apply to Studio and/or Essential?

I believe I have asked this question 3 times now.

Any answer?

mod/dev

Jovas

Post by Jovas »

TrevorG wrote:

All the best,
Helge
Stop that, before they punish you for your negative posts by cancelling the whole update.. :lol:
Intel Core i7 920, Asus P6T deluxe, 3x2gb OCZ3X1333LV6GK, AMD Radeon HD 5850 1gb, 2x1tb Samsung Spinpoint F1, Focusrite Saffire LE, Windows 7 Home premium 64bit, Cubase 5.5.3 32bit

Post by Guest »

Jovas wrote:Stop that, before they punish you for your negative posts by canceling the whole update.. :lol:
Yes, now that would be a broken promise but the likelihood of that occurring is probably zero due to the circumstances under which it has been announced.

My question remains the same...

... is it the end of the line for Studio and Essentials, or will it receive an update as well?

Helge Vogt

Post by Helge Vogt »

The 5.5.3 Update for Cubase 5 and Cubase Studio 5 will be the last update for all 5 based Cubase versions.

Cheers,
Helge
Hamburg, Germany

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid »

No love for essential :cry:
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

oli30

Post by oli30 »

Just a little bug still present in 5.5.2 but already corrected in 6th version, could you unblock the wave mod button to avoid to start twice, that would be nice ;-)

TrevorG

Post by TrevorG »

Jovas wrote:
TrevorG wrote:

All the best,
Helge
Stop that, before they punish you for your negative posts by cancelling the whole update.. :lol:
I wonder what exactly the technical reasons were....
Last edited by TrevorG on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Helge Vogt wrote:The 5.5.3 Update for Cubase 5 and Cubase Studio 5 will be the last update for all 5 based Cubase versions.

Cheers,
Helge
Thanks for this Helge

PS I need a worship smiley

Helge Vogt

Post by Helge Vogt »

Little status update: we'll release the final 5.5.3 Update on tuesday next week.

All the best,
Helge
Hamburg, Germany

Post by Guest »

Legenday Announcement!

If you keep doing this I may have to get two versions (one for my old laptop which will always be old, and one for my desktop).

Cheers m8's

Zenda

Post by Zenda »

brains wrote:Legenday Announcement!

If you keep doing this I may have to get two versions (one for my old laptop which will always be old, and one for my desktop).

Cheers m8's
+1
Magnificent

Thank you
:)
The Gypsy King
Music - out of date
Photos

i7930, OCZ Vertex2, Raptors, RME Multiface 2, 12gigRam, C5, Photoshop CS5, Unreal Tournament.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”