Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
skug

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Post by skug »

Bredo wrote:After resizing/scaling the mix console, I still loose the lower part of the channels. Where the name and track color resides, are disappearing beneath the lower border.
The mixer GUI is not fixed with this update. I'm :?
I can minimize the fader section completely and both the channel label and track color are retained.

schehf

Post by schehf »

Track Settings load and vmx channel settings load
only load (or save) Pan and Inserts.
Sends, send level and Fader level are not being loaded.
Track Settings load, doesn't recall Pan either.

Very important !!!

skug

Post by skug »

sonicstate wrote:Been waiting for 7.0.2 for how long? Two months? Now waiting will go on, for 7.0.3, surely two more months waiting, if not more. And there is no guarantee that promised fixes and functions will be there. And then more waiting. Then buying 7.5, hoping fixes will be there sometime after 7.5. Wouldn't want to pass on 7.5, what if all fixes finally come in 7.5.3, and I was not ready for it, waiting with my shiny 7.5. Then waiting for 7.5.1.... Some things were promised since C5, but are still not implemented. They said in c7 for sure. Like, I bought several versions since whenever because plugin organizer was promised. Seems I'll have to wait some more, ha. Yup, still waiting.... It's fun, though, waiting like this. Life gets some new purpose, ha? Well, f**k it!!!
What is so show stopping that you cannot record or mix songs or write MIDI?

skug

Post by skug »

Tony H wrote:
skug wrote:If there are installer issues, it could be an MSXML library that the MSI installer service uses (provided of course we are talking about windows).
you know what ??? i think that could be it ... i solved my problem by addressing the same thing ..
rolled back to v7 then updated to v702... bingo
:geek: .
cool post thanks
No problem.

I recall you asking about Cubase Safe Mode.

I believe you need to start Cubase, press CTRL + SHIFT + ALT while it is loading.

theRoyal1

Post by theRoyal1 »

FML... I get an error trying to update... I really don't want to deal with this bs... :geek:

Going to re-DL and reinstall...
Attachments
Cubase update error.png
Happens after the elicensor install
(406.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Custom WS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=12TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II
Cubits : Cubase 11.0.0 | CMC-TP | CMC-CH | CMC-PD | CMC-AI | 2xCMC-FD | CMC-QC
Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416 | Seiki SE50UY04

Psychosurf

Post by Psychosurf »

Update from 7.0 to 7.02 no problem

theRoyal1

Post by theRoyal1 »

Psychosurf wrote:Update from 7.0 to 7.02 no problem
I've read that twice . May have to give that a shot.. :geek:
Custom WS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=12TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+Platinum | CM Cosmos II
Main Gear: Access Virus Ti · Virus C | Maschine Studio · Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | MOTU MidiXT | Roland XV-5080 · JV-2080 · TR-8 · TB-3 · VT-3 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MM27Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416 | Seiki SE50UY04

djchristhomas

Post by djchristhomas »

i had some issues from passing from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2.it drived me crazy all night,things like bad calour settings,no more knoobs in the mixer & some other issues.
So i went on the download center of steinberg ,and i downloaded the install core data for cubase 7.
i installed it on top of the cubase update 7.0.2.
And by magic,everything seems to be working perfectly.
i hope it helps some of you out there. ;)
windows 7 64 bits,intel i5,cubase 7 64 bits,access virus ti,motu audio express,krk ergo,krk vxt8,krk 10s,maschine mk2,

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip »

skug wrote:
Jurij wrote:I've wait and wait and wait, then 7.0.2 its worse than previous one....... what are you doing steinberg? Now i've more crash situation than before on 7.0.1 what are you doing????? 2 months for a beta version of Cubase 7? I've payed I want a stable version, whats that? Beta, prerelease? Alfa? I never seen a platform like that. This new version is dated 28Jen one month ago?

I must to back to 7.0.1 so something does not work but i've no crash. Im using mac pro with 10.7.5 all plugs are original no k versions on my mac. CPU performance its worse than 6.5, asio guard? for what? Please put asio guard on 6.5 I will back to work. Nice mixer thanks, but i dont need to use ipad, i need to work and pay my bills with this DAW, im a professional user not a gamer.

Hire a professional programmer and hire professional user for beta testing before sell this scam. I'm very very hungry now.
I apologize if I am ignorant to your situation, but isn't Apple at 10.8 now?
10.7 and 10.8 are both supported OSes. Regardless of that, there are many users on both OSes that are having issues.
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

theRoyal1

Post by theRoyal1 »

Uninstalled C7. Rebooted reinstalled applied update, no error...proceeding to test stability :geek:

theRoyal1

Post by theRoyal1 »

Just ran some quick testing...
Opening previous projects, VST's Changing mix console settings pretty much all the little things that were bugged in previous release seem to be working but time will tell..

Now afa the Display preferences? Still a major fail. Removed the color sliders also, When adding a track to a folder the color scheme still doesn't get applied..

Unreal!!!
It's 2013 and we're still dealing with customization issues....

beatpete

Post by beatpete »

Well, because of mackie control problems (hidden channels showing up, actually confirmed on ALL controllers), .vmx without volume, workspaces not working as they should and, most importantly for me, Variaudio not working properly, I might be on 6.5 until 2014. Until I can ACTUALLY use 7(.02) I haven't even tried it much, I need to be able to work.
No whining, just huge disappointment...
Lucky for me I still really like 6.5
Windows 10 Pro, Cubase 11, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 (on local machine), ASUS Prime x570-P, 64gb 3600mhz DDR4 ram, Ryzen3950x, Noctua NH-D15, 2 X 2tb m.2 drives.

Justus Hall

Post by Justus Hall »

People should be able to vent the issues they have with Cubase 7, but of course in a normal way.
I understand the frustration of some people, when you buy something you want it to work of course, that's normal.
But it's better to contact the support theme, and explain the problem then to start ranting :?

I updated to Cubase 7 and for me it's working without crashes, but the performance is not up to par with
Cubase 6.5 if you ask me.
I'm back to 6.5 for now, and will wait for Steinberg to fix the overall performance and stability of Cubase 7.

And trust me there working on it :D

Justus
Macbook Pro Quad Core i7, 16gb, SSD, RME UFX, V-synth XT, Elektron Analog Keys, Neumann TLM 103, Neumann KH 120a, Maschine, Novation SL MKII

Post by Guest »

Jurij wrote:
im not here to teach how to built DAW, but of course i could suggest how to do that :-), I love my work, really love, then even i sell albums, i would like to have a good DAW to use for my Job. If you want to know about my career just write PM, i dont need to show what i did or what i do, because im not here to impress, i'm here to ask why after one year I dont have a stable version of my DAW. You have to ask why Im here waste my time to reply to you. :-)
Well, I hope you get you problems solved, but I hope you understand that you will get more assistance with your problems when you come across a little nicer and not unfairly insult software that professionals, like myself, use everyday without problems.

Justus Hall

Post by Justus Hall »

[/quote]
Why would they even bother releasing Cubase 7 when they knew the performance was not up to bar compared to 6.5?
If they want money from us, they should give us upgrades, NOT DOWNGRADES!!! :evil:[/quote]

I'm not happy too believe me, but this are the cards for now i guess.
Send or post the problems you're having with cubase 7 and wait.....

At least 6.5 is working oke :D
Macbook Pro Quad Core i7, 16gb, SSD, RME UFX, V-synth XT, Elektron Analog Keys, Neumann TLM 103, Neumann KH 120a, Maschine, Novation SL MKII

N8

Post by N8 »

Maybe the whiners should go back to analog tape so they'd appreciate what Cubase has more.

If you aren't with it enought to realize this isn't the place to post issues, you probably aren't with it enough to set up a DAW properly. ;)
W7 64bit, XP SP3,LE1/ LE4/SX3/ C4/ C6.5/ C7.0.2 64bit, CI1, Firebox

Gob-smacked at the number of contestants for Dwarf #7.

If the sum total of IQs on this forum were applied to lightbulb wattage, it would create a black hole.

N8

Post by N8 »

Like I said, this is all operator error. :!:

If the sum total of IQs on this forum were applied to lightbulb wattage, it would create a black hole.

Jurij

Post by Jurij »

This is my last post I promise......

sorry if someone feels offended by my words.....

Under OSX even 10.7.5 or 10.8.2 we have a lot of problems with C7. That's the true. Most of these problems are with CPU performance, 64bit version and plugin compatibility, ram usage, and Vst external connections. There are also other problems with graphics, vmx save, colors and etc with both systems OSX or Windows. This not means about DAW configurations or what plugs we use, because these problems was not, and i repeat just to be very clear WAS NOT under 6.5.4. We dont want back to tape of course, we will still use 6.5 versions. The point it's another, we are only tired to be beta testers osx or windows users. Steinberg should be more serious with registered users. Say sorry for that problems, but they don't. This is not the right way to proceed.
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

KBJRock

Post by KBJRock »

N8 wrote:Like I said, this is all operator error. :!:
So basically you are saying that you can´t open the previous 6.5.4 projects in C7... right. Please tell me you are joking?

N8

Post by N8 »

Not offended, just trying to show there are proper ways to test issues. Opening projects between versions and not performing basic housekeeping tasks when installing new versions/ updates is not the proper way to go about it. It's been covered more times than I can count.

Also, can someone remember a version where all issues were fixed? Been around since SE1 and every version since left things broken. Better get used to it.

KBJRock

Post by KBJRock »

What are these "housekeeping tasks" you talk about? I´m not on PC.

When I open the same project on 6.5.4 and 7.0.2 the CPU shouldn´t jump 20%, the performance shouldn´t lag. The MixConsole should not lag so bad it´s unusable! And there shouldn´t be new bugs!

N8

Post by N8 »

KBJRock wrote:
So basically you are saying that you can´t open the previous 6.5.4 projects in C7... right. Please tell me you are joking?
You can, but with so many changes, why would you expect it to work correctly? Just look at windows handling with MixConsole. Add to that, trying to open 6.5 in 7 and then back to 6.5 is bound to cause issues.

There's a prescribed way to install new versions/updates on top of old versions which noone's said if they followed. Just a bunch of screaming and toys ejected from prams in the wrong thread.

N8

Post by N8 »

KBJRock wrote:What are these "housekeeping tasks" you talk about? I´m not on PC.
Been covered with every version since I can remember. IIRC, there's a KB article on it also.

KBJRock

Post by KBJRock »

N8 wrote:
KBJRock wrote:
You can, but with so many changes, why would you expect it to work correctly? Just look at windows handling with MixConsole. Add to that, trying to open 6.5 in 7 and then back to 6.5 is bound to cause issues.

There's a prescribed way to install new versions/updates on top of old versions which noone's said if they followed. Just a bunch of screaming and toys ejected from prams in the wrong thread.
Again I´m not on PC.

My previous 6.5 installation doesn´t affect the C7 installation.

I don´t need to do a clean install everytime I update Cubase.

Erezerez

Update to 7.0.2 not working

Post by Erezerez »

Hello all,
I read a little in the announcement thread about an error marked "1603" and had it happen on my computer as well.
since my 7.0.1 update was installed via a flash drive (I don't connect my production computer to the internet), it was a "temporary" file, and therefore i do not have access to it, and THEREFORE cannot bypass said error using the methods explained in said thread.

ANOTHER thing i read on the same thread includes uninstalling C7 completely and reinstalling using the update (or downloading the origional c7 installer, don't know, haven't got there yet) so I tried that...and bottom line -

Cubase 7 won't uninstall..

it starts removing the program, and just as it's about to finish, I get the message:

"A network string occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\Cubase7.msi

Help will be appreciated :?

Return to “Older Cubase versions”