Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Post by Guest »

i love all these posts with no system spec ...... SIMPLE no spec no help !!!

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

filterfreak wrote:i love all these posts with no system spec ...... SIMPLE no spec no help !!!
i have tryed to put my specs and an avatar but it wont post them so i gave up ....
cubasepro-10..Bfd 3. ,slate everything bundle, T-rax. etc
windows 10
core i5 4x320.
16gb ram.
Focusrite Scarlet 18i20

uarte

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / YES(1) or NO(2) ?

Post by uarte »

cmbourget wrote:I read the testimonials on version 7.02 and its installation. Worrying!

My question before installing. Your answer will be a board for everyone.

Please answer 1 or 2.

1: yes, I should install 7.02, despite the negative evidence
2: No, I should stick with 7.01 for now, despite all its faults
Just installed 7.0.2, and so far it's running quite well.

I wouldn't trust any feedback on this forum yet about 7.0.2, though... even mine. :) It's too early. People are still downloading, installing, testing, etc. And the ones with trouble are more likely to post first... skewing any results. So I'd hardly call what's been posted so far as "evidence."

Give it some time, check back in the forum. There's no RUSH to update to the 7.0.2. If you are in the midst of a big project with deadlines, it's risky to update of course.

If you DO decide to update, make sure to do the smart thing and backup up your system! Common sense, right? But a lot of people just steam ahead.

In my case, I did a full boot drive image before installing, and so far so good. I've briefly tested about 5 projects so far, including with video files, and all have opened, played and performed just fine. No glitches or obvious problems at all... but I have not drilled down deep into the projects yet. Again, too early to tell.

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria »

Everything running fine here so far. I will do more tests later.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20 / Wavelab el 10.0.30 / Cubasis 2.8 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC/PD / Cubase IC Pro 1.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Dorico 3.1.10 / Halion 6.2.10 / Halion Sonic 3.2.10 / Padshop Pro 1.2.10 / HSO 1.0 / The Grand 3.2.0/

Ivory II Italian Grand / Ravenscroft 275 / Vienna imperial piano / Alicia Keys Piano / Addictive drums 2 & Keys / Ezdrummer 2 / Abbey Road Modern Drums / GPO 5 / VSL / Vienna Mir pro 24 /Bias amp & FX 1 & 2/ Amplitube 3 & 4 / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 & 3 / Mercuriall Spark & Reaxis / Nugen Audio / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 & V10 / Softube / Toneboosters / NI / Neural DSP Darkglass ultra / PSP audioware / Markstudio 2 /

serenity

Post by serenity »

doktari wrote:anyone else having problems viewing the channels on the right side of the mixer? I can't see the master fader!!!
Exactly. Channel far right (Output channel) still strange behavior. Now its litle hiding by Control Room !
Helge. We need hot fix.
Pawel

Windows 10 64 bit / Cubase 10 Pro 64 Bit / RME Fireface 400
www.studiomuzyczne.com

hbeing123

Post by hbeing123 »

it appears to me that if your cubase install is clean, then the update will install fine, but something seems to happen to the installation whilst using it that corrupts it... I don't know whether it's a setting or a plugin or what but it happened with 6.5 too and caused your VST sounds to not be found by Padshop etc. loads of people have commented about this, I don't think anyone has a definitive answer. It wound help if the updates actually repaired installations but they obviously don't seem to be able to do that properly. It is especially annoying because a full uninstall doesn't get rid of the problem, it must be a reg entry or something like that.

cmbourget

Post by cmbourget »

Here, quick and efficient installation (win7 full). It seems 100% successful. I do not mean disappointment for insufficient corrections already identified elsewhere. But the installation was successful. Preferences are now saved in my case quickly and everything is clearly visible.
Cubase 10.5, Pro Tools 2019.10
PC Windows 10, Intel Xeon E5-2667 v2 3.30GHz, 8 cores, 64 Go
PrismSound Titan, Solo Be and Focal sub, etc, etc.

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

serenity wrote:
doktari wrote:anyone else having problems viewing the channels on the right side of the mixer? I can't see the master fader!!!
Exactly. Channel far right (Output channel) still strange behavior. Now its litle hiding by Control Room !
Helge. We need hot fix.
any track type set to right "Zone" will partly hide behind CR/meter.
repro. set a track to right zone in mixconsole. make CR/meter visible in mixconsole .
now minimize CR/meter window (resize it all the way to the Right) .
result : fader partly hidden

workaround: resize CR/meter slightly to the Left
Last edited by mozizo on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Tony H wrote:Since instaling the update i have a serious issue .:
the mixer will no longer show knobs on the eq ,pre and chan strip ??? what the hell is this can anyone help ???
also the whole gui looks a bit pale ...
SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED !!!
this is how i did it .
i found the roll back buttom...its a wiered one but i found it ... you right click on the cubase icon in windows explorer (sorry mac users i have no idea what to do on ios ).and then click on previous versions.. bingo in zero comer zero its back to c7.1....
then i used the "install core data from the hub (downloaded for the next time ).which sent me back to c7.0 (i should have started here i think theat would have saved me a few mor mins )
then i reinstalled the 7.02 from 7.0 ...works good ... i have all my knobs back and blue send bars etc etc......
so maybe MY issue was that my daw did not like the update from 7.1 to 7.2 but exepted it from 7.0..
who knows maybe there is some kind of geek answer to this ... i dont care ... all i know it worked and thats all that counts eh !!!
hope this will help some of you guys with the same prob ...
if you cant understand me then pls PM me and we can try together ..
cheers guys ... and thanks for the input thus far !
:-)
"T"
cubasepro-10..Bfd 3. ,slate everything bundle, T-rax. etc
windows 10
core i5 4x320.
16gb ram.
Focusrite Scarlet 18i20

StefK

Post by StefK »

Tony H wrote:
filterfreak wrote:i love all these posts with no system spec ...... SIMPLE no spec no help !!!
i have tryed to put my specs and an avatar but it wont post them so i gave up ....

yeah, I second this = I do not know how many times I have tried to update and change my sig, it says that my changes are saved, but they are never reflected in any posts.
it will just not reflect my last saved sig, and just always shows this old sig below
Cubase 9.x|Reason 10.x|Halion6,HSO]|NI Komplete 9|VI-Labs Ravenscroft275
WIN10|GA-Z370-G7|8086K|64Gb|SAMSUNG-970|Thunderbolt3|UAD-Apollo.X6
Win 7 |GA-X58|W3680|12Gb|SAMSUNG 850|ECHO-MIA
MacBook Pro|MR816:CSX| Maudio:FW410 | Line6:KB37

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt »

keshav wrote:Firstly, thanks a lot to everyone at Steinberg for this update!

Apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to post this - but I've been trying to install this update for a while with no success. It gets to about 50% of the "writing files" part before it just cans out and says "installation failed". Also, when I open the installer app, the license agreement is just several pages of gibberish characters.

I'm on OS X 10.8.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get this installed ASAP!
You might want to contact Steinberg support.
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt »

Tony H wrote:
Why not just post them here and keep a reference?
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

Elektrobolt

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / YES(1) or NO(2) ?

Post by Elektrobolt »

cmbourget wrote:I read the testimonials on version 7.02 and its installation. Worrying!

My question before installing. Your answer will be a board for everyone.

Please answer 1 or 2.

1: yes, I should install 7.02, despite the negative evidence
2: No, I should stick with 7.01 for now, despite all its faults
There was similar "negative evidence" when 7.01 came out too, and 7.01 was not a maintenance update.

Jimmy B

Post by Jimmy B »

I hate to say this but I may be going back to 7.00 The mixing board is a mess. At least I could save the mixer settings. I have never had a Cubase crash till after the 7.02 update now the first time I tried starting a new project Cubase crashed. And trying to get the mixing board to even come close to looking like a mixing board takes 10 minutes.. Getting very tired of waiting for disapointing updates.

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria »

StefK wrote:
Tony H wrote:

yeah, I second this = I do not know how many times I have tried to update and change my sig, it says that my changes are saved, but they are never reflected in any posts.
it will just not reflect my last saved sig, and just always shows this old sig below
I updated my signature today (it is showing 7.0.2 as you can see). No issues here. Maybe you have some browser problems, like cookies or something like that (but I am just guessing).
Cubase Pro 10.5.20 / Wavelab el 10.0.30 / Cubasis 2.8 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC/PD / Cubase IC Pro 1.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Dorico 3.1.10 / Halion 6.2.10 / Halion Sonic 3.2.10 / Padshop Pro 1.2.10 / HSO 1.0 / The Grand 3.2.0/

Ivory II Italian Grand / Ravenscroft 275 / Vienna imperial piano / Alicia Keys Piano / Addictive drums 2 & Keys / Ezdrummer 2 / Abbey Road Modern Drums / GPO 5 / VSL / Vienna Mir pro 24 /Bias amp & FX 1 & 2/ Amplitube 3 & 4 / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 & 3 / Mercuriall Spark & Reaxis / Nugen Audio / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 & V10 / Softube / Toneboosters / NI / Neural DSP Darkglass ultra / PSP audioware / Markstudio 2 /

skug

Post by skug »

Jimmy B wrote:I hate to say this but I may be going back to 7.00 The mixing board is a mess. At least I could save the mixer settings. I have never had a Cubase crash till after the 7.02 update now the first time I tried starting a new project Cubase crashed. And trying to get the mixing board to even come close to looking like a mixing board takes 10 minutes.. Getting very tired of waiting for disapointing updates.
Have you tried deleting (all) your preferences?

Jimmy B

Post by Jimmy B »

Just did No help

jimmys69

Post by jimmys69 »

Sorry, thread misdirect coming.

I have to wonder why so many people seem to have issues with Cubase/DAW's in general. I can only say that I have never had a major issue with installation, nor the running of any version of Cubase. Minor glitches, and workflow stuff yes, but never any system slowdown, lockup, or any of the things we hear here all of the time. I don't get it.

It must be a system, system setup, or device/driver issue with the people that have issues.

I really wish there was an easy answer to everyone's particular complaints, and I would truly help if I could. I just find it hard to resolve an issue I have never experienced.

K, I'm done. Sorry again for interrupting....
PC Win7-64-16G i7-4790k/Cubase 5-6-7 32 bit, Cubase 8-9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7X/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne Editor

dlish

Post by dlish »

Thanks Steinberg! Much improved and very much appreciated! Keep the updates coming. Very detail oriented update! Cheers!

hbeing123

Post by hbeing123 »

It's not driver or system related when you have so many people citing the same error codes. The issue is clearly related to Steinberg's installers, they don't clean up the program properly, and if you are coming from a string of updates you will have even more trouble. I know this for a fact, for example if you upgraded from 4 or 5 to 6 to 6.5 to 7, the program will not work properly, VSTSounds are messed up... if you do a clean install on a clean OS there is no problem, when you hit "uninstall" Cubase should completely remove the program and all settings and registry items. They have not tested all update paths, and settings are being upgraded incorrectly... note also this time so many people are having problems with mixer settings. This ain't system related, it's update related.

jimmys69

Post by jimmys69 »

hbeing123 wrote:It's not driver or system related when you have so many people citing the same error codes. The issue is clearly related to Steinberg's installers, they don't clean up the program properly, and if you are coming from a string of updates you will have even more trouble. I know this for a fact, for example if you upgraded from 4 or 5 to 6 to 6.5 to 7, the program will not work properly, VSTSounds are messed up... if you do a clean install on a clean OS there is no problem, when you hit "uninstall" Cubase should completely remove the program and all settings and registry items. They have not tested all update paths, and settings are being upgraded incorrectly... note also this time so many people are having problems with mixer settings. This ain't system related, it's update related.
Um, I have been upgrading since LE5, with no OS reinstall, and I have no issues. Explain that please?

No messed up presets. No hang on exit. No performance issues. Maybe my system is just setup and managed correctly. Either that, or Santa Claus just thinks I am a good boy, and re-installs my OS for me each year. lol

Just kidding man. But seriously, I have never had an issue with upgrades/updates not working, so I cant understand the rationality of blaming the software. It is just not true for every system.
PC Win7-64-16G i7-4790k/Cubase 5-6-7 32 bit, Cubase 8-9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7X/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne Editor

Tanant

Post by Tanant »

Installed mine last night and loving it so far. Completely problem free. The EQ in the Mix Console is now usable. :D
Cubase 8.5 Pro x64 | Windows 10 | Core i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Steinberg UR22

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria »

jimmys69 wrote:
hbeing123 wrote:It's not driver or system related when you have so many people citing the same error codes. The issue is clearly related to Steinberg's installers, they don't clean up the program properly, and if you are coming from a string of updates you will have even more trouble. I know this for a fact, for example if you upgraded from 4 or 5 to 6 to 6.5 to 7, the program will not work properly, VSTSounds are messed up... if you do a clean install on a clean OS there is no problem, when you hit "uninstall" Cubase should completely remove the program and all settings and registry items. They have not tested all update paths, and settings are being upgraded incorrectly... note also this time so many people are having problems with mixer settings. This ain't system related, it's update related.
Um, I have been upgrading since LE5, with no OS reinstall, and I have no issues. Explain that please?

No messed up presets. No hang on exit. No performance issues. Maybe my system is just setup and managed correctly. Either that, or Santa Claus just thinks I am a good boy, and re-installs my OS for me each year. lol

Just kidding man. But seriously, I have never had an issue with upgrades/updates not working, so I cant understand the rationality of blaming the software. It is just not true for every system.
Same here. I have been upgrading since version 6 (running every version between 6.0.3 and 7.0.2) without issues.

skug

Post by skug »

If there are installer issues, it could be an MSXML library that the MSI installer service uses (provided of course we are talking about windows).

keshav

Post by keshav »

Can anyone please confirm that VMX files don't save fader levels?

And if they ARE saving fader levels for anyone, please confirm that here too. This is still a very big issue and I have a feeling that we (the folks who had such a hard time due to the lack of this in 7.0.1) are all back to square one again. This REALLY needs a fix along with the Variaudio issues.

I apologize for cluttering the announcement thread, but this is very disappointing :(
www.skyharborband.com
Cubase 10 & 9.5, Retina Macbook Pro 15" mid 2015, 2.2GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD, Universal Audio Apollo Duo thunderbolt.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”