Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Post by Guest »

Graham_Simmonds wrote:Oh no! does that mean that loads of people who have not paid for Cubase are going to start wingeing on about the mixer as well?
Only if it contains horse instead of real beef!

BRAD ALLAN

Post by BRAD ALLAN »

I fixed the 1603 error by uninstalling the e-licenser program, then I ran the update
and it installed fine. The mixer seems to work fine on redrawing. I dont play with
track colors too much. Too busy recording and mixing!

Cubase 7.02 x64 Windows 7 32GB RAM Intel i7 extreme
"The Best Social Program Is A Recording Session"

Ayahuasca

Post by Ayahuasca »

Hi there guys:) since I have C7 never update..

Is necessary update to 7.0.1 to improve for 7.0.2 ?

Thanks and best regards ;)

Savage

Post by Savage »

Hey guys.. a bit frustrated. Love Cubase 7, but ever since this update i've lost all my meter readings for the channels when veiwing session outside of edit channel. So.. i have to open the channel every time i want to see the meter? Or have my mixer open all the time? That's really not cool..
Plus i've lost my blue color on my sends. And my green color on my lp filters and so on. I've tried reseting them in pref. No go. Please help. I want to roll back to 7.01 if these things aren't changeable.
- savage

Take your time and capture the right moments.

Post by Guest »

Savage wrote:Hey guys.. a bit frustrated. Love Cubase 7, but ever since this update i've lost all my meter readings for the channels when veiwing session outside of edit channel. So.. i have to open the channel every time i want to see the meter? Or have my mixer open all the time? That's really not cool..
Plus i've lost my blue color on my sends. And my green color on my lp filters and so on. I've tried reseting them in pref. No go. Please help. I want to roll back to 7.01 if these things aren't changeable.
Try activating the that PAIN IN THE *knuf* ARSE little grey button on the mixer strip for the sends and pre strip and see if that works ,it does for the EQ ,THE NEW MIXING CONSOLE IS CONPLETELY OUT OF SYNC WITH THE PROJECT PAGE .........IT'S A COMPLETE *knuf* !!!!!

Derek Cook

Post by Derek Cook »

Ayahuasca wrote:Hi there guys:) since I have C7 never update..

Is necessary update to 7.0.1 to improve for 7.0.2 ?

Thanks and best regards ;)
Hi,

Read Helge's statement at the start of the thread. :)
The 7.0.2 update incorporates all improvements from 7.0.1 ......
Regards
Derek Cook

BMo

Post by BMo »

When comes C 7.0.3 ?
iMac 5K 27" 4 GHz i7 32 GB (10.12.1)/ Cubase Pro Pro 9 / Pro Tools 12 / Logic Pro X / WaveLab 8 / Fireface UCX / Focal Alpha 80 / Yamaha NS-10M Studio

Buzthafuzz

Post by Buzthafuzz »

BMo wrote:When comes C 7.0.3 ?
Yes, when ?

Jurij

Post by Jurij »

Another 2 weeks passed, and no sorrows for OSX users, we have almost 80% osx users cant use Cubase 7 on mac right now. I've back to 6.5.3 because 6.5.4 its still in prerelease and crash when I quit the program. Somethimes 6.5.3. do the same when I quit too, all freeze, i've to force the quit and crash the program then reload all.

The question is very simple. Steinberg would like to continue develope under OSX or not? Just to know if I've to pass to Logic or Protools soon. I know some users will say "pass to windows". In the meantime I will look at my wonderful black C7 box hoping to use it one day. :mrgreen:
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

ipanema

Post by ipanema »

Hi all,

I have read every single post on this thread and some other threads even in the Nuendo forum as I use both Cubase and Nuendo on my MacPro running OS X 10.6.8 writing music for picture. Here's what I gather if you might like to know:

I had a completely disappointing experience of opening a N5.5 project into C7 to test-drive C7. The project opened just fine with only one warning that the number of Marker tracks can not exceed one. So far so good. But when I played the project I noticed erratic behavior (including those CPU or ASIO hiccups many of you mentioned) especially on drums and percussion loops coming from Kontakt and Stylus RMX. Tried everything I could think of, but couldn't make them play in sync. So I went back to N5.5 and finished the project there.
The point is: everyone takes it for granted (and rightfully so) that C7 should open any project from Nuendo and/or earlier Cubase versions perfectly. I noticed many users tried opening one of their older projects to test C7. IMHO something is not quite right in this department. The reason I'm stating this is that I started a new project from scratch in C7 using almost the same sound palette, and everything went as smoothly as I could wish, from start to final mixdown and mastering. Not a single problem. Probably SB should look into this and perform more tests. (My project had roughly 100 MIDI tracks along with a few audio tracks and lots of SB and 3rd party plugins which were only added by my sound engineer on the mix session day, video always on top, and saving time of 4-5 seconds thanks to the fact that most of VIs came from my PC using about 40GB of its RAM connected via VE PRO all instances in Decouple mode.)

Another point is about the OS (specifically Mac OS X users). Steinberg sells software and hardware. So does Apple. None of them (neither anybody else) is perfect. My point is: if you can find faults with SB, you can find faults with Apple...you simply shouldn't trust each and every Apple release to be perfect and then blame SB for any imperfections. Remember not so long ago when SB had trouble making a 64bit Nuendo to work under Mac OS X? SB did it finally at some point, but Apple is changing everything so rapidly that nobody can keep up with them. And you can't complain simply because there is no competition. You can go from Dell to HP. You can go from *Steinberg* to Prosonus or Avid. From Apple you can go to...? PC? Na...You know better why you are with Apple. I honestly don't want to make a comparison debate here. I have both, and I'm happy (sort of a).

I know we are not supposed to be "beta-testers" as some of you stated in their posts, but we are on the same team here and helping SB improve their products will help every one of us. Nobody expects those who disagree to contribute though.

Suggestions (not solutions) to take our testing to the next level:

1. Try creating a project from scratch on C7. Importing audio files shouldn't be a problem. Add anything you wish, edit mercilessly, and push Cubase as much as you can. Just remember to start from an empty project.

2. Mac users, most of you have an old or extra Hard disk. Use it to test C7 under 10.6.8. In my experience. Lion and Mountain Lion don't quite cut it. There must be a difference. Retina users, sorry I have no experience in your department.

3. Everyone, I understand the frustration and 2013 expectations. Don't lose hope or optimism. If you believe in Steinberg, stay with the team. If not, there are lots of other options. Report bugs, demand answers, ask for features or improvements all the time, but please don't discourage them. IMHO, they wouldn't be in business since the 80s if they were dishonest.

I'm not a computer guru, but having been on the job for more than 20 years, I can (hopefully) feel certain things. Maybe SB is not as resourceful as some others to keep up with Apple's one-sided decisions. Maybe they have other problems which they can not announce to the public (internal issues, family problems! whatever, and while on the subject, I bet you even Donald Trump has problems in today's turmoiled world). But who's to say they're not trying?

And finally, in order to avoid being off topic, I need to say I have not yet installed 7.0.2 merely because of your posts. The test I mentioned above was done in 7.0.1. I'm old enough to wait a bit longer, but for the younger, more impatient ones, who am I to blame you?! Life had a way to teach me to be patient.

For those of you who took the time to read my post, thanks for your patience.
System 1 (master): Mac Pro 12-Core 2.93GHz, 16GB Ram OS X 10.8.5/10.10.2, Nuendo 6.5 64bit, Cubase Pro 8 64bit, M-Audio ProFire 610
System 2 (slave): Core i7 3930K, Intel DX79SR, 64GB RAM, Win7 64bit, M-Audio Projectmix I/O
MacKie HR824, Roland XV5080, 3x 24" LEDs, Multiple SSDs & 2-3TB HDDs, VSL VE Pro, MIR Pro, lots of toys

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

nice post..
thanks for sharing :D
cubasepro-10..Bfd 3. ,slate everything bundle, T-rax. etc
windows 10
core i5 4x320.
16gb ram.
Focusrite Scarlet 18i20

studioton

Post by studioton »

Savage wrote:Hey guys.. a bit frustrated. Love Cubase 7, but ever since this update i've lost all my meter readings for the channels when veiwing session outside of edit channel. So.. i have to open the channel every time i want to see the meter? Or have my mixer open all the time? That's really not cool..
same to me.. STEINBERG please fix it .. i am back to 7.01, working well ..

feck

Post by feck »

7.0.2 is working very well overall here. HUGE improvement over 7.0.1, which was unusable for me. Once they sort out the mixer level recall issue with .vmx, I think I will be happy with 7 overall.
Scott Fritz
President/Producer
Stranded On A Planet Productions

Recent artists include - Amirah, Nadia Ali, Cavalier King, Martha Berner, A Friend Called Fire, Karen Kiley, The Hawthorne Effect

scott@strandedonaplanet.com
www.strandedonaplanet.com
www.facebook.com/strandedonaplanet
www.myspace.com/strandedonaplanetproductions
www.twitter.com/strandedplanet
646-408-6013

Intel Mac 8 core Xeon 2.8 GHZ, 10 GB 800mhz DDR2 RAM, OSX 10.7.5, RME Raydat/SSL Alphalink.

Jurij

Post by Jurij »

I've back to 6.5.3 to work on my macpro, C7 is still in the box.......... but.........
I cannot continue to work on 6.5.3 because not load the C7 songs.............. thanks Steinberg..... thanks again :twisted:
Attachments
cubase 6 does not load C7 song.jpg
(32.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

Mrhehon

Post by Mrhehon »

feck wrote:7.0.2 is working very well overall here. HUGE improvement over 7.0.1, which was unusable for me. Once they sort out the mixer level recall issue with .vmx, I think I will be happy with 7 overall.
+1
Windows 10 pro
Cubase Pro 10
PC i7 920@2.67 GHz (10 years old but still doing it for me) 16GB ram
2xMR816 CSX FireWire Audio Interfaces
CC121 controller
Nektar P6

Scab Pickens

Post by Scab Pickens »

Jurij wrote:I've back to 6.5.3 to work on my macpro, C7 is still in the box.......... but.........
I cannot continue to work on 6.5.3 because not load the C7 songs.............. thanks Steinberg..... thanks again :twisted:
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 75#p230333
Windows 10 | Cubase Pro 10.5 | WaveLab Elements 8 | Dorico SE 3.5 | Focusrite Pro 40

Jurij

Post by Jurij »

Scab Pickens wrote:
Jurij wrote:I've back to 6.5.3 to work on my macpro, C7 is still in the box.......... but.........
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 75#p230333
Scab please read the other post, this problem afflict 6.5.4 user and C7 user under OSX not Windows. :?

isaacmysteinberg

Post by isaacmysteinberg »

Hello friends!
I upgraded to 7.02 and still the same problem with the compressors tube compressor / vintage compressor. (tested on Windows 8/7 and Vista & Apple)

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 84&t=32976

Any news on when they could be working properly? :? :cry:
Cubase pro 10.04| Widows 10 pro| I7 3770 @3.40 16GB RAM | Yamaha N12 I yamaha Kx25 I Steinberg Absolute +, Halion 6 and more.....

halljack

Post by halljack »

Tony H wrote:Since instaling the update i have a serious issue .:
the mixer will no longer show knobs on the eq ,pre and chan strip ??? what the hell is this can anyone help ???
also the whole gui looks a bit pale ...

Surprised me to---where are the KNOBS :?:

Jack :D :D
https://soundcloud.com/halljack505 Cubase 7.0.7 and WaveLab 7, Windows 7 Intel icore7 HP Pavllon, 18 gigs ram, Tascam US-1641 , Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0, Drumcore Free, Alesis HR-16, HR-16 B, SR-16, Ringo Starr, 1970 Strat , 1974 P-Bass,Hofner Bass. Roland D-50 & U220 Keyboards, MXL, AKG & Shure Microphones, Line 6 Pocket Pod
Yamaha NS10'S Auratone and JBL speakers, Tascam 48 ob 8-track, Teac A-2340 4-track,
Waves Studer j37 plugin, Waves Reel ADT Tascam 22-4 and Tascam 22-2

cpechet

Post by cpechet »

I had a similar set of symptoms after running the 7.0.2 update.
I downloaded and installed the most recent version of Elicensor and the full 7.0.2 package and have had smooth sailing ever since. The full version is > 5GB so it is quite large but I found the effort worthwhile.
Windows 10 1909 / Cubase 11 Avid artist Mix (4), Artist Control, Artist Transport, 1 x Lynx Aurora 8, 1 x Lynx Aurora 16, Neve/API/SSL pres/comps, Manley ELOP, Spiral Groove M1, JBL 4345, Bryston 28B SST x 2, Bryston 7BSST2 x 2

Post by Guest »

cpechet wrote:I had a similar set of symptoms after running the 7.0.2 update.
I downloaded and installed the most recent version of Elicensor and the full 7.0.2 package and have had smooth sailing ever since. The full version is > 5GB so it is quite large but I found the effort worthwhile.
hi cpechet

did you do a clean install of the full installer or use the reinstall option over your install , im just wondering if it's worth ago here

cpechet

Post by cpechet »

Hi filterfreak,

I used the reinstall option for all objects with the exception of Halion SE (I was concerned that the Symphonic set might have been compromised so I decided to bypass it). Overall improvement is noticeable – screen objects appear as expected and projects no longer crash on open/close.
Windows 10 1909 / Cubase 11 Avid artist Mix (4), Artist Control, Artist Transport, 1 x Lynx Aurora 8, 1 x Lynx Aurora 16, Neve/API/SSL pres/comps, Manley ELOP, Spiral Groove M1, JBL 4345, Bryston 28B SST x 2, Bryston 7BSST2 x 2

Post by Guest »

thanks cpechet

maybe i'll try tomorrow and see if it will knock out some of these graphic bugs ;)

cpechet

Post by cpechet »

Hope it improves things!

BEATS4YOU

Post by BEATS4YOU »

great work :D :D
Last edited by BEATS4YOU on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”