Page 5 of 8

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:43 pm
by djrossko
djrossko wrote:Hi,

I just want to share that the auto color function doesn’t work in version 7.0 and 7.2 as well. When I create a new track it’s always in grey color, but I want when I create new tracks they would be colorized automatically as it was in version 6.5. Please someone to help me with advise how to do it…maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thank you,

Rossko

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:55 pm
by Justus Hall
djrossko wrote:
djrossko wrote:Hi,

I just want to share that the auto color function doesn’t work in version 7.0 and 7.2 as well. When I create a new track it’s always in grey color, but I want when I create new tracks they would be colorized automatically as it was in version 6.5. Please someone to help me with advise how to do it…maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thank you,

Rossko
Hey Rossko,

Not working for me either. I read another post with people having the same problems.
I tried all the the options for auto track color mode under cubase preferences, so i guess it's save to say it's a bug?!

Manual coloring for now.

Justus

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 pm
by uarte
Helge Vogt wrote:Hi all,

please keep this thread as friendly and serious as you can.
I tried, Helge. I really tried. But when the whiners get going and the collective IQ of the thread drops too far, it really pushes some buttons. I'll do better next time. Promise. ;)

Thanks for cleaning up the thread... my comments included.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic... :)

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 pm
by Futurehold
etl17 wrote:
the software industry has it too good for too long.
+1

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 pm
by eivind
Regarding the Master channel dissappearing to the far right (on large projects).. and no possibility of getting it back:

When I started up my computer tonight the problem had returned. Using G/H has no effect here. I can get a little glance of the red fader.. even grab it some times but surely I can't work with that. I did however realize what I did yesterday to get it back: Turning on the Meter bridge got the Master channel back. It must have some effect on the graphics. On my machine it stays - even if I turn the Meter bridge off again For now this silly little procedure saves the day. Not sure if it'll work for anybody else. It's clearly a bug.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 am
by Buzthafuzz
Helge Vogt wrote:Hi all,

please keep this thread as friendly and serious as you can.

Regarding the vmx save / load of volume as well as autotrack coloring: unfortunately both function are still flawed, but already fixed internally by now. Both issues will be resolved in the next Update among others like the Mackie Control issue.

All the best,
Helge
Thanks for the info; I know it's difficult for you to tell but I ask anyway: do you have an aproximate idea of the date for the next update? Thanks in advance...

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 am
by Ginogx
windows 7, cubase 7: Even after this update, the control room you can not see the meter indicator :(

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm
by idleaustralian
I have no loudness meter either -just a grey rectangle.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm
by cmbourget
I give here a positive note, after a good break-in period.

I must confess here that, despite its flaws interface (design too different from Cubase) and bugs (plug-ins that hide in full screen mode ...), the Mixconsole Cubase 7 is a great invention. And despite delays (unable to see markers and other benchmarks in the keyeditor), but because of its intrinsic qualities, Cubase 7, overall, is a great success.

With a real update, we will be very happy!

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:02 pm
by CShorte
I am still not using Cubase as my only DAW, I strongly agree that C7 is a great update. I am not having any significant problems using C7 on my aging Mac Pro system. I would love to see better lower latency performance when using a load of VI's. However, overall, I am very satisfied. CS.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 am
by skug
CShorte wrote:I am still not using Cubase as my only DAW, I strongly agree that C7 is a great update. I am not having any significant problems using C7 on my aging Mac Pro system. I would love to see better lower latency performance when using a load of VI's. However, overall, I am very satisfied. CS.
I have only ever used Cubase in my capacity as an engineer and it hasn't failed me. Admittedly I get crashes now and then but they are mostly centered around interface problems.

Providing you have saved your work frequently enough, there should be no problem using C7 in a production scenario since as I have discovered when Cubase will only save a corrupted project (or backup), it will issue a warning that you need to save a new project, so copy and paste.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 am
by kehmical
Just updated and noticed a few new problems:

The EQ 'knob mode' no longer shows the little knobs, nothing is there. This includes all bands and the low/hi filters.
The knobs also vanish from the channel strip meaning I cannot easily adjust anything in the strip. not good.

Also the very bottom of mixer is cut off so I cannot read entire track name.


Intel quad core i7
Windows 7
UAD Apollo

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 am
by skug
kehmical wrote:Very bottom of mixer is cut off so I cannot read entire track name.
I reverted to 7.01 briefly and had this behavior but I do not get this on 7.0.2.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 am
by kehmical
What seems like a major bug found:

I cannot edit my insert fx from the Channel Settings area.
Before the update I was able to double click on the insert slot and the effect GUI would open up.
Now the insert slot turns black and shows you the insert level amount.

I can't imagine this being a new feature because it completely throws off workflow, I now have to go up to my FX channels to edit an effect.

Update: I am able to right click on the send and click 'edit effect' to open the effect GUI instead of having to open it from the FX channel...

Intel quad core i7
Windows 7
UAD Apollo

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:40 am
by kehmical
skug wrote:
kehmical wrote:Very bottom of mixer is cut off so I cannot read entire track name.
I reverted to 7.01 briefly and had this behavior but I do not get this on 7.0.2.

How does one revert back to the previous version?
The 'installed updates' screen in Windows 7 shows the 7.0.2 update but the button allowing you to uninstall does not appear like it does on most other updates.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:50 am
by Jurij
I'm finally back to 6.5.3, still bugs but better then other versions, I can work now, so much much better than 7.something. I've payed for the update to 7 from 6.5, man! 149Euro are a lot of money for everyone, Logic Pro works great and cost 179Euro full licence not upgrade licence. I'm waiting the next Logic Update to change DAW, C7 still in the alfha/Beta version, I will not ask to be refunded becuase i'm trustin in steinberg, but...for the last time. This is my last time I will pay some upgrade without benefit. I've already sold my Nuendo licence because under OSX mac users dont want stay there at that price, Steinberg got my money 2 months ago, and under osx it's terrible, also yestrday i've imported a song from 7 to 6.5 all mess. Users need respect.

Maybe someone here is happy to waste time to understand what does not work (beta testing), what its working, why some features are disappeared etc etc. I dont know how many users under osx, but Steinberg will lost all soon for sure. You want money, I want stable perfect products, some people here says other softwares have bugs too, yes but some others not. Prophellereads always give us super stable software, Logic Pro it's stable and more stable every update, Protools 10 it's stable (i've brought academic licence to test as well). I mean stable with other 3rd parts plugs, with external FX, with other audio card.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 am
by Winter Rat
Jurij , I feel your pain, but would you be so kind as to stop whining. With all my respect to you, it's getting annoying. You give no new info about bugs or oversights.. of C7, but just cry about 149Euro. You say that you're trusting in SB at the same time, it's good to hear so give them a little more time to justify your trust. I don't think that the speed of their work depends on the number of such useless (sorry) posts.

P.S. When I see an artist (not the hardest and the most dangerous profession), that produces multi-platinum albums etc., is crying for 149 coins, I start to hate the Humanity.

P.P.S. Sorry for off top.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 am
by skug
kehmical wrote:How does one revert back to the previous version?

The 'installed updates' screen in Windows 7 shows the 7.0.2 update but the button allowing you to uninstall does not appear like it does on most other updates.
I had to uninstall and re-install.

C7.0.2 is now working happily on my system, even ASIO under DirectX is not producing any pops or clicks, unlike SX3 which is great if some other program decides to take over my audio outputs which happens from time to time!

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm
by S4410
kehmical wrote:What seems like a major bug found:

I cannot edit my insert fx from the Channel Settings area.
Before the update I was able to double click on the insert slot and the effect GUI would open up.
Now the insert slot turns black and shows you the insert level amount.

I can't imagine this being a new feature because it completely throws off workflow, I now have to go up to my FX channels to edit an effect.

Update: I am able to right click on the send and click 'edit effect' to open the effect GUI instead of having to open it from the FX channel...

Intel quad core i7
Windows 7
UAD Apollo
It's been discussed here,page 2

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 3&start=25

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 pm
by Jurij
P.S. When I see an artist (not the hardest and the most dangerous profession), that produces multi-platinum albums etc., is crying for 149 coins, I start to hate the Humanity.

P.P.S. Sorry for off top.[/quote]

You dont understand the point, It's not about 149E, because i've payed without problem, just try to understand the way of thinking of Steinberg after yamaha introduction, they sell buggy stuff since 2 years, without say sorry, never. This is the point. Im sorry to boring you, or the other users. You think because I sold albums I've to shut up? mmmmm intersting point of view. I think everybody have to say some and scream about it.
I hope they will be tired like you to read my comments and start to work seriously and speed up, I really hope that.
Move move move...... :D

jj

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:19 pm
by Jurij
I will stop my comments dont worry, so I will not report bugs anymore, I'm not a beta tester. Good luck with Cubase 7. :D :D :D

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:43 pm
by stef s
Since instaling the update
the mixer will no longer show knobs on the eq ,pre and chan strip ???
can anyone help ???

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm
by stef s
better stay with 7.0.1

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 pm
by djchristhomas
stef s wrote:Since instaling the update
the mixer will no longer show knobs on the eq ,pre and chan strip ???
can anyone help ???
i had some issues from passing from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2.it drived me crazy all night,things like bad calour settings,no more knoobs in the mixer & some other issues.
So i went on the download center of steinberg ,and i downloaded the install core data for cubase 7.
i installed it on top of the cubase update 7.0.2.
And by magic,everything seems to be working perfectly.
i hope it helps some of you out there. ;)

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 Update available

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:49 pm
by Mrhehon
Jurij I have been reading your post on this forum and I’m sorry but are you for real. It appears you have been very unhappy with Steinberg since the union with Yamaha (not sure but i believe 4 years now). Why are you still spending money with this company, if I was feeling so let down for so long I would be out of there.

For my part I opened my new studio business just under four years ago and put my trust in both the Steinberg hardware and software and have never once felt let down. I have been very impressed with the quality achievable for the money spent. I have just upgraded to Cubase 7 but of course keeping an earlier working version. Yes there are a couple of small issues one of which I mentioned on the F/book page to which I received an apology and reassurance the following day. I’ve been recording for over 30 years now on nearly every format going including overpriced protools systems. On the Yam/Cubase system I own I have engineered more than a hundred albums (No platinum) without any problems. Even on Cubase 7.

My point is I think that you just need to find things to complain about. You don’t even state what it is that is wrong with the software. If you did maybe some of the kind people on this site would help you. I think if I was Steinberg I would be glad if you switched to Logic, Reason or Protools. And No you are not a beta tester as you have not said one thing that would be helpful in improving the software.