MrXarbrough

Re: Cubase 7.0.1 / Cubase Artist 7.0.1 pre-release available

Post by MrXarbrough »

Great update! I enjoy Cubase now. :)
Mac OS 10.8.2, Cubase 7

siraltus

Post by siraltus »

I'm on 10.8.2 and Cubase 7.0.1 and changing the colors of the MixConsole elements does not work.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Cubase and load an existing project to display the MixConsole.
2. Go to Cubase menu --> Preferences.
3. In the Appearance section, go to MixConsole Rack Colors, click the color square next to "Inserts," select the new color in the color picker and click on the new color to close it. New color is reflected in the square next to "Inserts."
4. Click "Apply."
5. Close Cubase and restart it.
6. Reopen the project to show the MixConsole. Color for the insert slots did not change (remains at default light blue).

Tried to change Sends colors and the same thing happens - the new color doesn't display in the MixConsole. Am I doing something wrong or is this broken?
Last edited by siraltus on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FR33M4N

Post by FR33M4N »

update installation is not working..
"Fatal error during installation - Error Code 1603"
any suggestions?

already downloaded twice, restarted pc

..now re-installing c7 (with full installation)

well, full re-installation did the job...
Last edited by FR33M4N on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audio Tutorials (in German): https://www.youtube.com/user/FMNxMusic

droutloaf

Re: Cubase 7.0.1 update

Post by droutloaf »

beatpete wrote:
droutloaf wrote:
beatpete wrote:on a quick review, Variaudio seems to be better, yahoo!

How is the segmentation, does it still not have any not transition?
it appears to have the transitions now...

Not on my end..bummer.
Nope.jpg
Unusable Variaudio
(53.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cubase 6.5, Cubase 7, Pro Tools 9, RME Fireface 800, Fireface UCX, A-Designs MP2A, Lavry AD10, Audient ASP008, Peavey 6505+, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Boogie Cabinet, Bogner Cabinet

DaDa

Post by DaDa »

L.F. wrote:Great update Steinberg!
Most of the issues are fixed, and now we can finally start working again :)
Speak for Yourself.
8-)

I can only use V.7, when the mixers all scroll to the selected track.

This *may* happen in 6 weeks .... or in a few month ...
:|

Jan
Intel Z87 | i5 4670K @ 4x 4,2gHz | 16gb RAM | 6850 silent | 37", 2x 24", 22" LCDs|
System SSD | 7tb Data HDs
RME RayDat | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 | Steinberg UR 824
Win7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 8.5.20 64bit | Samplitude X3 64bit
Sony VAIO | Intel 2x 2,4 gHz | Win 7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 6.5.5
Steinberg user since Commodore

L.F.

Post by L.F. »

DaDa wrote:
L.F. wrote:Great update Steinberg!
Most of the issues are fixed, and now we can finally start working again :)
Speak for Yourself.
8-)

I can only use V.7, when the mixers all scroll to the selected track.

This *may* happen in 6 weeks .... or in a few month ...

Jan
Drama queen... :P
Yes, some issues remain, but most of the critical one's were fixed in this patch. I'd also prefer to have the mixer scroll to selected track back, but it's in no way a critical bug IMO. I'd also like to have the single click open editor option, and the ability to turn the plugins on/off from the mixer (not bypass), but for me, this is good enough to work with. I didn't say it couldn't be better.
So here's hoping that 7.0.2 is just around the corner... but somehow I doubt it.
DAW: Cubase Pro 9 (x64)
CPU: Intel i7 930
MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3
GPU: GF GTX 660 2048MB
Sound: E-mu 1212M, Traktor Audio 2
HDD: Intel 320 SSD, 3x Seagate SATA
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
DSP: UAD-2 Duo
USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

Stealth

Re: Announcing Cubase 7.0.1 / Cubase Artist 7.0.1 pre-release

Post by Stealth »

dark blue man wrote:Still presets missing in Beat Designer in Cubase x64 7.01 here.

I wish some one would check this for me. Anyone else getting no presets in beat designer, or is it just me?
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23#p193323
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

mholloway

Post by mholloway »

The aesthetic fixes are excellent! Great to see the font problem (for inserts, etc) get addressed so quickly. New color options are excellent, and in fact the new default coloring in the editors and elsewhere is, IMO, very nice.
industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

So far 7.01 appears to work well, except i can no longer load .vmx channels. the option seems to be just...gone. Am i missing something here?
-Zack Ohren

dark blue man

Post by dark blue man »

Stealth wrote:
dark blue man wrote:Still presets missing in Beat Designer in Cubase x64 7.01 here.

I wish some one would check this for me. Anyone else getting no presets in beat designer, or is it just me?
This may work with that specific problem but not, unfortunately, with the presets missing in Beat Designer issue. Beat designer Presets show up in Cubase 6.5 but not in Cubase 7 x64

Have you tried it? Open Beat Designer on a track, click the preset management button, select load preset. Do any presets show up?

They don't here, and that's after installing the 7.01 update.

ETA: The missing Beat Designer presets issue and the occasional hanging on exist are the only problems I am having with with Cubase 7. It used to be just hang/exit but now it's Beat Designer as well. Other than that Cubase 7 is awesome.
Last edited by dark blue man on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 7.x: Padshop pro: Dark planet: Zero Gravity: UAD-2 quad: UAD-2 Solo: PowerCore Compact - Access Virus: EMU 1820m: PC I7 266, 6 gig ram: AN1x: Mopho: Orbit V2: BassStation Rack: Proteus 2000: Electribe ER.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

droutloaf

Post by droutloaf »

Xaq wrote:So far 7.01 appears to work well, except i can no longer load .vmx channels. the option seems to be just...gone. Am i missing something here?
Me too; I just posted about it in the issues section and am trying to keep my nerve.
Cubase 6.5, Cubase 7, Pro Tools 9, RME Fireface 800, Fireface UCX, A-Designs MP2A, Lavry AD10, Audient ASP008, Peavey 6505+, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Boogie Cabinet, Bogner Cabinet

Johnny B Richman

Re: Cubase 7.0.1 update

Post by Johnny B Richman »

emotive wrote: Love the new look, high contrast very striking pale blue and dark gray in the MIDI Editors.
Nice dark blue for locator selections, I think it looks brilliant actually 8-)
Deep gray for the project page really sets off the colors of parts and brings focus to elements on the screen such as buttons and so on.
I must fully agree. At first look I thought "no way" (too dark) but giving it just a few minutes I started to realize how good looking this color setup actually is! Quite a challenge considering I am / was used to white (light) arranger background since Atari days...
Win7 x64 SP1, Intel Core i7-2600K 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3, RME Fireface 400, MIDISport 4x4, MSI GeForce GTX 1060 + 2x HP ZR2440w displays
Cubase Pro 10.0.20, WaveLab 9.5.50, HALion 6

Rich

Post by Rich »

Hopefully this update will work for some of you. But as for me, I'm disappointed. Let's just jump straight to it: SB should know better than to release a new version of Cubase that doesn't work with their own hardware. Do they take no pride in their work anymore?

And their first update addresses none of the complaints related to their own hardware other than a single button on the CMC-FD. That's just poor work. I see a company just lurching from one fire to the next without any thoughtful plan.

I'm not a flame-thrower by nature, but come on SB, get with it. Please provide an ETA on when the functionality that was broken between ver 6.5 and 7 will be repaired.

-Rich

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

dark blue man wrote:
Stealth wrote:

This may work with that specific problem but not, unfortunately, with the presets missing in Beat Designer issue. Beat designer Presets show up in Cubase 6.5 but not in Cubase 7 x64

Have you tried it? Open Beat Designer on a track, click the preset management button, select load preset. Do any presets show up?
Yes. After following the instructions from the link I posted all of my Beat Designer presets show up and load (both stock and custom). They also show up and load from Mediabay (Patternbanks).

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Through trial and error (and looking at the Cubase 6.5 setup), i found that it is necessary to copy all of these presets from the preset folder inside C:/Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase 7 to the preset folder inside C:/User/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Cubase 7/Presets.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

droutloaf wrote:
Xaq wrote:So far 7.01 appears to work well, except i can no longer load .vmx channels. the option seems to be just...gone. Am i missing something here?
Me too; I just posted about it in the issues section and am trying to keep my nerve.

Oh great. Does anybody know how to roll back to 7.00? Come on steinberg, you can't remove the ability to load my channel presets and release it even as a "pre-release". Did this thing get tested at all? I'm also having some issues with various plugins GUIs going non responsive or glitchy. Did not get this behavior in 7.00
-Zack Ohren

emotive

Post by emotive »

Rich wrote:Do they take no pride in their work anymore?
Of course, otherwise they'd be discriminating against compatibility with anything from plugin's to ASIO hosts to operating systems.

Being as diverse a media system Cubase/Nuendo is, it takes time and were it to be "finished" before release, we'd not be seeing anything until way into next year.

Rich

Post by Rich »

emotive wrote:
Rich wrote:Do they take no pride in their work anymore?
Of course, otherwise they'd be discriminating against compatibility with anything from plugin's to ASIO hosts to operating systems.

Being as diverse a media system Cubase/Nuendo is, it takes time and were it to be "finished" before release, we'd not be seeing anything until way into next year.
Not sure what you mean about "discriminating" but I would suggest that there's a minimum quality threshold that needs to be reached even in a .0 release. And that minimum threshold would be not breaking compatibility with their own hardware. I'm not talking about working out issues that might arise with new features. I'm talking about not breaking things that worked before.
I'm not totally bent about all of this because I'm not putting C7 in any production environment. It's just disappointing to purchase a release that seems to have not been vetted very well. That's what I meant about "pride" in their work.

-Rich

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

okay ran into another pretty bad problem. i was already having trouble with the meter non working in some of my projects, now it doesn't seem to work in any. i've tried just about everything to get it to work...is there some sort of "assign to master meter" button i'm missing? Otherwise it seems not only is this not fixed in 7.01 it has gotten worse.
-Zack Ohren

Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Kush Audio's UBK-1 doesn't crash the loading now, but it doesn't seem particularly stable when using it inside Cubase. It pops and crackles and no presets are showing up. When I try to look at the preset dropdown, Cubase crashes 100% of the time (OS X 10.7).

DaDa

Post by DaDa »

Rich wrote:...It's just disappointing to purchase a release that seems to have not been vetted very well. That's what I meant about "pride" in their work.
Thing is ... those that do the work ( and most probably take pride in it ),
are not those who decide, when something is 'ready' to be released.

A problem, more common with bigger companies.

I can still remember, walking through their HQ
and talking to the small group of talented poeple
that formed Steinberg, 25 years ago ...
Things where different, then.

Jan
Intel Z87 | i5 4670K @ 4x 4,2gHz | 16gb RAM | 6850 silent | 37", 2x 24", 22" LCDs|
System SSD | 7tb Data HDs
RME RayDat | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 | Steinberg UR 824
Win7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 8.5.20 64bit | Samplitude X3 64bit
Sony VAIO | Intel 2x 2,4 gHz | Win 7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 6.5.5
Steinberg user since Commodore

emotive

Post by emotive »

DaDa wrote:A problem, more common with bigger companies.
I am sure all members of the SB team are proud of their work.

Insofar as general product releases, the support paradigm for new software would not dictate which hardware (or software for that matter) will be working and which will not, unless of course there is new hardware being released simultaneously.

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

droutloaf wrote:
Oh dear...

I just damn well KNEW this was going to happen..!!

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 01#p194201 - (see 3rd paragraph).

They want us to use Track Presets instead, no doubt. But they're not the same, yet... Hmm... Maybe a 'Feature Request' is needed, asking to be able to choose whats included in any particular Track Preset, perhaps...?!? Looks like they are simply not keen on *.vmx any more...
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5.20, WaveLab Pro v10.0.40, Studio One v4.6.1, Dorico Elements v3.5.10, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

Look I'm fine if they want to have something i can load my .vmx channels into and use. But i can't do that...Helge what's going on here? I lost hours at work today because of this bug. And yes, it's a bug considering it was there and working fine in 7.00 and is randomly gone in 7.01.
-Zack Ohren

dark blue man

Post by dark blue man »

Stealth wrote: Through trial and error (and looking at the Cubase 6.5 setup), i found that it is necessary to copy all of these presets from the preset folder inside C:/Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase 7 to the preset folder inside C:/User/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Cubase 7/Presets.
The correct path to copy the files to is C:/User/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Steniberg/Cubase 7/Presets. (Or Cubase7_64) but it makes no difference where you copy the files to here, it doesn't work.
Cubase 7.x: Padshop pro: Dark planet: Zero Gravity: UAD-2 quad: UAD-2 Solo: PowerCore Compact - Access Virus: EMU 1820m: PC I7 266, 6 gig ram: AN1x: Mopho: Orbit V2: BassStation Rack: Proteus 2000: Electribe ER.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

audiofrq

Post by audiofrq »

Puma0382 wrote:
droutloaf wrote:
Oh dear...

I just damn well KNEW this was going to happen..!!

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 01#p194201 - (see 3rd paragraph).

They want us to use Track Presets instead, no doubt. But they're not the same, yet... Hmm... Maybe a 'Feature Request' is needed, asking to be able to choose whats included in any particular Track Preset, perhaps...?!? Looks like they are simply not keen on *.vmx any more...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. .vmx files are extremely handy for transferring presets between collaborators and other studios.

This is terrible.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”