Cubase 7.0.1 / Cubase Artist 7.0.1 pre-release available

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Portela

Re: Cubase 7.0.1 / Cubase Artist 7.0.1 pre-release available

Post by Portela »

I did the 7.0.1 update and my stylux RMX still not listed as VST. Is there any way to solve this?

I upgraded from Cubase 6.5 where everything worked perfectly and most of my projects require Stylux RMX. I really need to resolve this urgently!! :oops:

dark blue man

Re: Announcing Cubase 7.0.1 / Cubase Artist 7.0.1 pre-release

Post by dark blue man »

emotive wrote:
dark blue man wrote:Truth is, I've never used Beat Designer presets, but I want them now because I should have them....
Did you perform a re-installation of Cubase?
I installed Cubase 32 bit first using the Cubase 6.5 update installer, then I downloaded the full 7 installer and installed the x64 version. Beat Designer presets fail to show up in both versions, even after doing the fix, yet they are there in Cubase 6.5, minus the new content.

Both installs went without incident so I fail to see how reinstalling the whole thing again will make a difference. Asides, I'm working with Cubase 7 x64 now and moulding it to how I like it. Can't be bothered to reinstall over and over in an attempt to get it to work properly.

I'll wait and see if someone comes up with a fix that works for everyone.
Cubase 7.x: Padshop pro: Dark planet: Zero Gravity: UAD-2 quad: UAD-2 Solo: PowerCore Compact - Access Virus: EMU 1820m: PC I7 266, 6 gig ram: AN1x: Mopho: Orbit V2: BassStation Rack: Proteus 2000: Electribe ER.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

emotive

Post by emotive »

Portela wrote:I upgraded from Cubase 6.5 where everything worked perfectly and most of my projects require Stylux RMX.
What version is your Stylus RMX?

Portela

Post by Portela »

emotive wrote:
Portela wrote:I upgraded from Cubase 6.5 where everything worked perfectly and most of my projects require Stylux RMX.
What version is your Stylus RMX?
I'm using Stylux RMX 1.9.6 on Win7 32 bit.
On my macbook pro is all working well.

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

keshav wrote:Track presets are in NO way a suitable replacement for VMX files, .... 7.01 has rendered the entire product absolutely unusable for me. Disgusting.
+1 Agreed.
emotive wrote:
keshav wrote:...the feature is intact and works perfectly in 7.00, it's only in 7.01 that it's disappeared altogether.
Workarounds have been suggested have they not?
I've not seen any that are viable... and even then, no-one's been asking for workarounds anyway...

Look, its lovely when folk join in, offering suggestions of different ways of looking at stuff, and sometimes that can be helpful. But really, on this issue you must understand there isn't an alternative - even SB haven't been bothered with trying to offer any migration path/tool.

No word, no hint, no suggestion, no clue, no indication - EXCEPT for when JHP let the cat out the bag a while back, in this forum, by stating quite blankly that "... *.vmx files are no longer supported." That was it. End of story.

Well, ok - no-one's expecting them to offer justification for all their decisions... but, on this one, how about at least offering a migration path..? Or simply leaving the IMPORT functionality intact (like it was there in v7.0.0 apparently), and explain moving forward what to do, because this format is going to be retired (or somesuch)...
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5.20 (and C11 testing), WaveLab Pro v10.0.40, Studio One v4.6.1, Dorico Elements v3.5.10, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

emotive

Post by emotive »

Puma0382 wrote:But really, on this issue you must understand there isn't an alternative
What about "Save Configurations"?

keshav

Post by keshav »

emotive wrote:
Puma0382 wrote:But really, on this issue you must understand there isn't an alternative
What about "Save Configurations"?
Have you actually tried this yourself?
www.skyharborband.com
Cubase 10 & 9.5, Retina Macbook Pro 15" mid 2015, 2.2GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD, Universal Audio Apollo Duo thunderbolt.

keshav

Post by keshav »

Puma0382 wrote:
keshav wrote:Track presets are in NO way a suitable replacement for VMX files, .... 7.01 has rendered the entire product absolutely unusable for me. Disgusting.
+1 Agreed.
emotive wrote:
keshav wrote:...the feature is intact and works perfectly in 7.00, it's only in 7.01 that it's disappeared altogether.
Workarounds have been suggested have they not?
I've not seen any that are viable... and even then, no-one's been asking for workarounds anyway...

Look, its lovely when folk join in, offering suggestions of different ways of looking at stuff, and sometimes that can be helpful. But really, on this issue you must understand there isn't an alternative - even SB haven't been bothered with trying to offer any migration path/tool.

No word, no hint, no suggestion, no clue, no indication - EXCEPT for when JHP let the cat out the bag a while back, in this forum, by stating quite blankly that "... *.vmx files are no longer supported." That was it. End of story.

Well, ok - no-one's expecting them to offer justification for all their decisions... but, on this one, how about at least offering a migration path..? Or simply leaving the IMPORT functionality intact (like it was there in v7.0.0 apparently), and explain moving forward what to do, because this format is going to be retired (or somesuch)...
What I find the most ridiculous is that the functionality for both saving and loading VMXs is there in C7, but removed in the very first maintenance update, merely days after the official launch of the product :S

This isn't something like 'bounce in place' which people can actually do without, in the sense that the product isn't rendered completely crippled and useless for them by the lack of it. I'm currently approaching the final stages of mixing an album for a client, and it's at this stage where VMX files are not just something helpful, they're absolutely CRITICAL. ESPECIALLY for master bus channel settings, and for multiple channel settings - like a dozen drum channels for example. I'm not some hobbyist dicking around in his bedroom, I spend my hard earned money on Cubase because I run a professional studio. And AFTER launching a working product if you're going to remove an absolutely critical feature with NO word of warning or ANY sort of usable replacement tool/workaround in the very first maintenance update, I'm sorry but that is absolutely LAME and UNACCEPTABLE.

Sure, I still have C6 to go back to for now, but WTF did I pay for the upgrade for if I can't use it at all? And anyone working in the studio business will know that wasting an entire day thanks to this nonsense can and does lead to a LOT of money lost, not to mention leaving a rotten impression on clients.

Anyone defending SB for their actions on this is either clueless, retarded, an amateur hobbyist, or all of the above.
www.skyharborband.com
Cubase 10 & 9.5, Retina Macbook Pro 15" mid 2015, 2.2GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD, Universal Audio Apollo Duo thunderbolt.

emotive

Post by emotive »

emotive wrote:What about "Save Configurations"?
keshav wrote:Have you actually tried this yourself?
I did and it only affects mixer views.

Regardless, the manual refers to both .vmx and the MixConsole together, so with this in mind the situation is most likely that equivalent functionality will be introduced at a later time.

D3

Post by D3 »

I've updated to 7.0.1 and it feels a bit more stabile

I just have to adjust those 35.967 colors of Cubase... Maybe Cubase 8.0 will call "Steiberg Rainbow"

:D :mrgreen: :D
Cubase user since 1990 (Mac 1.2)

keshav

Post by keshav »

emotive wrote:
emotive wrote:What about "Save Configurations"?
keshav wrote:Have you actually tried this yourself?
I did and it only affects mixer views.

Regardless, the manual refers to both .vmx and the MixConsole together, so with this in mind the situation is most likely that equivalent functionality will be introduced at a later time.
Yeah this "later time" is what I don't understand, it boggles my mind how SB can be so flippant about it, as if it's the most trivial feature ever. It's not just me, this is a complete show-stopper for ANYONE who mixes albums. For me personally, being able to import saved channel settings is as basic a feature as exporting a mixdown. I've rolled back to 7.00 for the time being, but there is no way I'm touching a Cubase update again until an exact same equivalent functionality is brought back.
www.skyharborband.com

kzarider

Post by kzarider »

Ondrash wrote:Hello. I have a problem with click which doesn´t work now. Any experience? Can you help me with that? I am using 32bit version of C7.
I have same issue in 64bit
PC i7-8770K Gigabyte 370 Win10 64bit -32gb ram; i7 2015 MackBook Pro; Cubase 9.5, Wavelab 8.5, Presonus 3, Digital Performer, Access Virus TI2, Vienna Instruments Cube-MIR-Pro 5, Imperial Grand, EastWest PlayComposer, UAD Quad, Baldwin L3, Hammond B3-Sk2, Rhodes, Wurlitzer 200, Hohner Clav, Waldorf, NI Komplete 10, Gretch Brooklyn, Omnisphere, Keyscape, Trillian, RMX, Superior Drums, BFD, etc. Antelope Orion 32HD, Antelope Goliath HD
http://zkeysmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=zkeysmusic
https://www.facebook.com/ZKeys-Studio-1608666072789495/

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

keshav wrote:
What I find the most ridiculous is that the functionality for both saving and loading VMXs is there in C7, but removed in the very first maintenance update, merely days after the official launch of the product :S

This isn't something like 'bounce in place' which people can actually do without, in the sense that the product isn't rendered completely crippled and useless for them by the lack of it. I'm currently approaching the final stages of mixing an album for a client, and it's at this stage where VMX files are not just something helpful, they're absolutely CRITICAL. ESPECIALLY for master bus channel settings, and for multiple channel settings - like a dozen drum channels for example. I'm not some hobbyist dicking around in his bedroom, I spend my hard earned money on Cubase because I run a professional studio. And AFTER launching a working product if you're going to remove an absolutely critical feature with NO word of warning or ANY sort of usable replacement tool/workaround in the very first maintenance update, I'm sorry but that is absolutely LAME and UNACCEPTABLE.

Sure, I still have C6 to go back to for now, but WTF did I pay for the upgrade for if I can't use it at all? And anyone working in the studio business will know that wasting an entire day thanks to this nonsense can and does lead to a LOT of money lost, not to mention leaving a rotten impression on clients.

Anyone defending SB for their actions on this is either clueless, retarded, an amateur hobbyist, or all of the above.
+1

My only defense for them will be if this was a simple mistake and they FIX this in a quickly released maintenance update in the next few days.
-Zack Ohren

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

Ha..! Do you know what I reckon..? The real mistake was allowing it to slip through into the initial v7.0.0 release - I don't think they planned on it ever being there; but someone forgot to remove it. Hence JHP's post, straight off the cuff and quite blankly (i.e. without need for thought) stating no more *.vmx file format support. That was his instinctive understanding/response.

Hence, I'm betting he didn't know the 'load VMX file' function menu option was still in there when he wrote that..! The subsequent posts by folk, were what alerted them to its continued existence..!
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5.20 (and C11 testing), WaveLab Pro v10.0.40, Studio One v4.6.1, Dorico Elements v3.5.10, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

audiofrq

Post by audiofrq »

Puma0382 wrote:Ha..! Do you know what I reckon..? The real mistake was allowing it to slip through into the initial v7.0.0 release - I don't think they planned on it ever being there; but someone forgot to remove it. Hence JHP's post, straight off the cuff and quite blankly (i.e. without need for thought) stating no more *.vmx file format support. That was his instinctive understanding/response.

Hence, I'm betting he didn't know the 'load VMX file' function menu option was still in there when he wrote that..! The subsequent posts by folk, were what alerted them to its continued existence..!
While this could be true, it doesn't explain why it has a half page section specifically outlining this feature in the manual.

I do think that steinberg are moving toward XML based presets/settings rather than a proprietary format for future compatibility however.

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

audiofrq wrote:
Puma0382 wrote:Ha..! Do you know what I reckon..? The real mistake was allowing it to slip through into the initial v7.0.0 release - I don't think they planned on it ever being there; but someone forgot to remove it. Hence JHP's post, straight off the cuff and quite blankly (i.e. without need for thought) stating no more *.vmx file format support. That was his instinctive understanding/response.

While this could be true, it doesn't explain why it has a half page section specifically outlining this feature in the manual.

I do think that steinberg are moving toward XML based presets/settings rather than a proprietary format for future compatibility however.
If you're pointing to a section from the v7.0.0 initial release manual, then for me, my speculation/premise is holding up - this section, should have been removed along with the program menu entry. If its from an updated v7.0.1 edition manual, then ok, I would be intrigued...

Agreed on your second point though.

emotive

Post by emotive »

audiofrq wrote:I do think that steinberg are moving toward XML based presets/settings rather than a proprietary format for future compatibility however.
XML is human readable at the end of the day, an open format and can be read by other programs.
Puma0382 wrote:If its from an updated v7.0.1 edition manual, then ok, I would be intrigued...
How can it be when it refers to the the feature that has been removed?

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

emotive wrote:
audiofrq wrote:I do think that steinberg are moving toward XML based presets/settings rather than a proprietary format for future compatibility however.
XML is human readable at the end of the day, an open format and can be read by other programs.
Puma0382 wrote:If its from an updated v7.0.1 edition manual, then ok, I would be intrigued...
How can it be when it refers to the the feature that has been removed?
Did you gather at all, that I am in pure speculation mode on all this..?

Thus, I now take it, from your post, there is no v7.0.1 manual update per se and that my initial premise is still good; that this (reference in the manual) is also a 'mistake' - a 'hangover' if you will from the C6.x.x manual, that (and lets be clear, here comes my speculation.!) should also have been removed, along with the program menu entry in the v7.0.0 release. You following along ok now..?

emotive

Post by emotive »

Puma0382 wrote:...there is no v7.0.1 manual update per se and that my initial premise is still good; that this (reference in the manual) is also a 'mistake' - a 'hangover' if you will from the C6.x.x manual, that (and lets be clear, here comes my speculation.!) should also have been removed, along with the program menu entry in the v7.0.0 release.
It depends if it actually worked in V7 proper, e.g. 7.0.0 and besides due to the pre-release nature of the update, speculation is no substitute for information; something of which (details) can not be expected.

JClosed

Post by JClosed »

Indeed emotive.

As 7.0.1 is a pre-release it is fully possible there are some bugs present that where not discovered before the release. Given the fast nature of this pre-release (it was released within weeks of 7.0.0), it is fully possible that this is what happened.

I think we have to wait until the final 7.0.1 version is released until we can say that things has really been removed. Until this time I would say using a pre-release in a mission critical system is not a very clever move (to be honest). Especially when working with a huge or almost finished project switching version numbers of software is really not advisable (unless heavy bugs are riddling the project and there is absolutely no alternative).

That said - by all means report this bug to Steinberg, so it can be examined (and possibly corrected) before the final release of the 7.0.1 update.

Helge Vogt

Post by Helge Vogt »

Can we all please stay polite, so I don't have to delete posts.

Thanks,
Helge
Helge Vogt - Team Lead Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

Helge Vogt wrote:Can we all please stay polite, so I don't have to delete posts.

Thanks,
Helge
Certainly. PLEASE though, confirm or deny, has the .vmx functionality been striped from 7.01 intentionally or is it a bug/mistake/etc. It's a simple yes/no ish question and yet we're getting left in the dark here.

I'm just trying to decide if i should attempt a roll back to 7.00 until this is fixed or if i'm just stuck with this forever.
-Zack Ohren

emotive

Post by emotive »

Xaq wrote:I'm just trying to decide if i should attempt a roll back to 7.00 until this is fixed or if i'm just stuck with this forever.
http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 16#p202916

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

emotive wrote:
Xaq wrote:I'm just trying to decide if i should attempt a roll back to 7.00 until this is fixed or if i'm just stuck with this forever.
http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 16#p202916

Thank you for this. I guess that means they plan to reintroduce it? Official word would still be nice instead of relying on 3rd hand information but this is better than nothing no doubt.
-Zack Ohren

minddistortionsystem

Post by minddistortionsystem »

big situation here with any plug i apply directlly to the audio file in project make crash cubase 7.01 when was not happening in 7.00
it breaks all my way of working. since i minimise the insert plug ins in the channels and i use to apply many different plugs to different parts of audio on same channel.
you need to do something about that , it always worked in previous verssions!!

also if no imminent solutions, how can i go back to cubase 7.00 until this is fix.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”