ASIO Guard discussion

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
lights

Re: ASIO Guard discussion

Post by lights »

Honestly, I don't expect any user to be able to fix my problem because the problem isn't "mine" it's Cubase's. Turn ASIO Guard on and the average performance meter goes crazy and the audio playback breaks up terribly when it doesn't with ASIO Guard off. That's straight up a bug in the software.

I notice that the subject seems to have been "changed" from ASIO Guard Complete FAIL for Me to ASIO Guard discussion. Hmmm.. Steinberg read it enough to censor the subject but didn't bother replying with solutions?

Ahhh... I see, they have merged my thread into another so now it's completely lost. I guess I'll have to start another thread in the issues forum... sigh.
-darren
music: www.lightsfadelow.com
follow lights fade low on facebook

i7 980x 18GB RAM; ProFire2626; Win7; everything x64

emotive

Post by emotive »

lights wrote:Turn ASIO Guard on and the average performance meter goes crazy and the audio playback breaks up terribly when it doesn't with ASIO Guard off. That's straight up a bug in the software.
I've read some of your other posts, and would question the fact there are frozen tracks being used rather than straight audio/VST channels.

Have you tried exporting the audio and re-importing into a new project or audio tracks in the existing project and disabling any previously used tracks?
Last edited by emotive on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

lights

Post by lights »

emotive wrote:
lights wrote:Turn ASIO Guard on and the average performance meter goes crazy and the audio playback breaks up terribly when it doesn't with ASIO Guard off. That's straight up a bug in the software.
I've read some of your other posts, and would question the fact there are frozen tracks being used rather than straight audio/VST channels.

Have you tried exporting the audio instead?
I'm not following you. What are you suggesting I do? Keep in mind that ASIO guard is supposed to be transparent and improve low-latency performance. I shouldn't have to take special steps to make it not thrash and reduce performance.
-darren

emotive

Post by emotive »

lights wrote:What are you suggesting I do?
I'm saying (without testing this myself) that maybe a frozen track is handled differently insofar as ASIO guard is concerned.

lights

Post by lights »

Then that would be a bug.
-darren

emotive

Post by emotive »

lights wrote:Then that would be a bug.
Perhaps but more likely the whole issue of the seemingly never-never multi-timbral/multi-output VST instrument track situation needs to be addressed with so-called "bounce in place" and accessible audio from frozen channels and besides if SB did this during the current V7 cycle, it would be a great way to finish on an already brilliant release, that being the ASIO guard "framework", notation tools and potential improvements to the mixer.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”