Finally 3rd party drag n drop in C7!

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Discoworx

Re: Finally 3rd party drag n drop in C7!

Post by Discoworx »

Agreed Niles.........

Kontakt (Im on 4 & STILL well happy) & Battery far out perform their Steiny brethren.but that aside, I USE mediabay constantly, Ive been one of the main protagonists & supprters against most of the neighsayers here.....it IS a fantastic tool for managing samples.... BUT .......THIS IS A BIG BUT.........

What use is it when you cannot drag files from Media bay to the INDUSTRY standard & most widespread Sampler in modern production studios today ????
I7 3770 3.4 Ghz LGA1155 - GigaByte Z77X-DH3 Rev 1 M/B - 16Gb Kingston Hyper X 1600Mhz - 128Gb OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 - GTX660 2Gb GFX - Silentium Brutus 410 - Thermaltake Smart 630

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Discoworx wrote:Agreed Niles.........

Kontakt (Im on 4 & STILL well happy) & Battery far out perform their Steiny brethren.but that aside, I USE mediabay constantly, Ive been one of the main protagonists & supprters against most of the neighsayers here.....it IS a fantastic tool for managing samples.... BUT .......THIS IS A BIG BUT.........

What use is it when you cannot drag files from Media bay to the INDUSTRY standard & most widespread Sampler in modern production studios today ????
LOL Discoworx you can drag n drop directly from Mediabay to Battery and Kontakt now! :D
Stealth wrote: Can anyone with Geist or any other non NI sampler/drum machine plugin see if direct drag n drop from the Mediabay works? I hope its not just Native Instrument plugins that support drag n drop...
So nobody on this forum uses any non Native Instruments sampler, drum machine, or anything else that supports external drag n drop? It would really be great if someone could just check real quick to make sure 3rd party DnD isn't just a NI thing...
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

Bassbase

Post by Bassbase »

LOL Discoworx you can drag n drop directly from Mediabay to Battery and Kontakt now! :D
How if i drag get the symbol that its possible but nothing adds in Battery?
What do i wrong?

Greetz Bassbase
I7 3.2ghz / Asus P6t deluxe / Asus GTX260 / Rme Hdsp 9632/ Novation 49 sl compact / KRK Rokit 5 / Native Instruments Komplete 7 / Fabfilter Pro q, ....

Just to make sure you know the basics, come here.
Forum Knowledgebase from Users for Users
And if you like this idea or you have more stuff you think a beginner should know about, feel free to PM me so i can take it to the top. Together we know nearly everything...
Forum Knowledgebase von Usern für User Say hello after change

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Bassbase wrote:
How if i drag get the symbol that its possible but nothing adds in Battery?
What do i wrong?

Greetz Bassbase
Do you have Battery set to "Always On Top"?
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

Betamac

Post by Betamac »

niles wrote:
emotive wrote:I use Kontakt player and some of libraries really do sound great (even the factory set) but the notion that people would purchase a sound library based on *how* the generator or playback system works doesn't really add up in my mind.
Guess you don't work with homebrew samples a lot.
I can post a BIG list of differences why I rather use Kontakt 5 over Halion 4.
I can even post a BIGGER list why I rather use Battery over Groove Agent One.
But that's irrelevant and subjective.

It's not about sound, it's about personal functionality, what you are used to and what you want to achieve.
The funny thing is that Steinberg may well have boosted NI's profits, I remember trying Halion 4 thinking 'this is great' then trying to do some wave editing within it, and thinking 'this is nowhere near what a sampler is all about'

To me 'Sampling' was never about ready made libraries and trying to emulate instruments, it was about making your own sounds and instruments from anywhere and anything you could hear. getting into editing loops and waveforms, being creative.

GA one however, I Love it, I'd love some more features adding to it, think the ability to chop up a loop by hitpoints in Cubase then drop it to GA one is a great feature, and I make a lot of my own drum kits that way. ;)
PC - Intel 3930k Hex core (oc'd at 4.5 gig), 16G DDR Ram, Windows 10 64 bit, Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 Graphics, Big Screen in front, smaller screen at side. Cubase 64 Bit - Ozone 6, T Racks S3, Komplete 7 - Various Waves plugs. Focusrite Interface - Yamaha HS80 Monitors, Audio Technica ATH M50 headphones. Logitech G600 mouse. Comfy Chair, 2 Pg Tips chimps.

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Stealth wrote:
Stealth wrote: Can anyone with Geist or any other non NI sampler/drum machine plugin see if direct drag n drop from the Mediabay works? I hope its not just Native Instrument plugins that support drag n drop...
So nobody on this forum uses any non Native Instruments sampler, drum machine, or anything else that supports external drag n drop? It would really be great if someone could just check real quick to make sure 3rd party DnD isn't just a NI thing...
OK f*ck it I'm just gonna download the demo of FXpansion's Geist just to make sure DnD is in fact working on non-NI plugins. :)

Majic

Post by Majic »

Stealth wrote:
Stealth wrote:
OK f*ck it I'm just gonna download the demo of FXpansion's Geist just to make sure DnD is in fact working on non-NI plugins. :)
did it work ??

Stiller

Post by Stiller »

If this is true, there might be a reason for me to upgrade. Why the hell is this so un-mentioned by Steinberg? So many users were craving for d&d to 3rd party instruments. But there should be d&d from arrange window (or pool) as well. But still, what a feature! :)
I'm Not Stiller

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Majic wrote: did it work ??
No I couldn't get it to work. I'm not sure if I was doing it right though. I couldn't find where to drag n drop the samples from an external source in the manual, and the places on Geist I tried to DnD to didn't work.
Majic wrote:is there a quick way to locate a file from the project page in the Media Bay ?
Actually yes! Its so simple I can't believe I didn't think about it before. Just type in the name of the audio you bounced down or recorded in Mediabay's search! This is a great workaround for dragging n dropping audio from the project page and pool.

Majic

Post by Majic »

Stealth wrote:[q
Majic wrote:is there a quick way to locate a file from the project page in the Media Bay ?
Actually yes! Its so simple I can't believe I didn't think about it before. Just type in the name of the audio you bounced down or recorded in Mediabay's search! This is a great workaround for dragging n dropping audio from the project page and pool.

cheers mate, will try it out

Majic

Post by Majic »

GOOD NEWS !!

can confirm 'Drag 'n' Drop' from Mediabay in Native Instrument Battery (regardless of 'always on top' mode)

little bit of a pain having to search in the mediabay, but drops into Battery with no problems at all.

p.s. tried to apply a offline process to the audio file..... it creates a copy in the audio folder, so there is some scope for creative trickery too. And easy to find if you keep the name of the audio file in the MediaBay search ;)

sorted.

:D

muzicphiles

Post by muzicphiles »

this is really big news and i agree SB should have included this little sweet news in the features. I used to work with XML translator to do the same.. which mysteriously dissapeared from the net about a few months ago when i wanted to renistall it on my new setup. ! this is great news .A big NI user and also hoping that drag and drop will work with Image line's slicex ! :) gonna try this tomorrow.. big one SB !!
Desktop rig
cubase5[waiting for cubase6 box" target="_blank"> ,corei7[6cores" target="_blank"> AsusP6t7[ws supercomputer" target="_blank">,TC Konnect48,Mushkin16gig,ATI radeon
Mobile rig
cubase5,core I7[mobile quadcore" target="_blank">,Audio kontrol1,8gigs stock ram,
Ati Radeon mobility graphics,samples streamed from a 2gb WD via e-sata.

emotive

Post by emotive »

muzicphiles wrote:this is really big news and i agree SB should have included this little sweet news in the features.
Won't happen as the support is most likely ad-hoc but welcome all the same.

Post by Guest »

emotive wrote:Won't happen as the support is most likely ad-hoc but welcome all the same.
I think that's the case too.
It was already possible to drag and drop (mapped) events or parts (not the XML data) from the project window and pool to Kontakt/Battery/Machine with Halion 4 as a bridge, for quite some time.
Also drag and drop files directly from the Halion browser to the NI VSTI's was possible already.

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

muzicphiles wrote:I used to work with XML translator to do the same.. which mysteriously dissapeared from the net about a few months ago when i wanted to renistall it on my new setup. ! this is great news .
I've officially retired my VST-XML translator. :D

patcub

Post by patcub »

awesome! Works fine here with wav files. Thanks Steinberg, you guys are great.

serenity

Post by serenity »

Hi,

It didn't work for me. MediaBay and VSTi's "allways on top".

I'v try Battery 3, Vengeance Metrum (VST3), BFD2, CM Guru, Omnisphere, Trillian.

Drag and drop works only with Groove Agent One.

But now I can drag midi files to Omnisphere and Trillian arpegios.

Strange. Now I realise that I have not presets in beat designer :(

Well...waiting to 19 december.
Pawel

Windows 10 64 bit / Cubase 10 Pro 64 Bit / RME Fireface 400
www.studiomuzyczne.com

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

serenity wrote:Hi,

I'v try Battery 3, Vengeance Metrum (VST3), BFD2, CM Guru, Omnisphere, Trillian.

Were you by chance trying to drag n drop audio files that came with Cubase?
serenity wrote: Strange. Now I realise that I have not presets in beat designer :(
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23#p193323

serenity

Post by serenity »

Stealth wrote:

serenity wrote: Strange. Now I realise that I have not presets in beat designer :(
Thank you for responce. I don't undastand your question. I drag and drop kick (audio sample) from MediaBay to Battery. The plus "+" symbol is on screen, but nothing appears in Battery 3 cell. Are you suggesting that wav files are not to suppose to use in Battery 3 ? What files then ?
Pawel

www.studiomuzyczne.com

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

serenity wrote:
Stealth wrote:

Thank you for responce. I don't undastand your question. I drag and drop kick (audio sample) from MediaBay to Battery. The plus "+" symbol is on screen, but nothing appears in Battery 3 cell. Are you suggesting that wav files are not to suppose to use in Battery 3 ? What files then ?
Where was that kick sample from? The reason I ask is because someone else on this thread had a problem trying to DnD a sample that came bundled with Cubase :arrow:
Lord Havelock wrote:Sorted. It looks like Cubase won't allow the dragging of VST Sound files from Media Bay into things like Battery. But it will allow dragging of non-VST Sound files. Understandable I suppose from a commercial point of view.
Still a pretty good development.
Thanks for you attention

serenity

Post by serenity »

It's true. I can d'n'd sample to Battery 3, but not vst sound.
I try the same to Metrum but no luck...
Pawel

www.studiomuzyczne.com

Vermin

Post by Vermin »

This is my first post here..so, hello everybody. :)

Is there any solution for this issue? I'm using Cubase 7.0.1 with Battery 3.2.3. Trying to dnd Audiofiles from Mediabay to Battery. It just won't work. It doesn't matter of Battery is always on top or not. Tried both...any suggestions? :|

greets,
vermin
Win 7 Prof. / i7-2600K CPU @ 3,40 GHz / Corsair Vengeance, 4x4GB, DDR3-1600 / Samsung SSD 830Series 256 GB / MOTU 828 MKII / Access Virus TI2 Desktop / Alesis M1 Active Speakers / M-Audio Radium49 / Steinberg Cubase 7 / NI Komplete 8

Return to “Older Cubase versions”