Novation Automap shut-down errors

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
anilnc

Re: Will Steinberg EVER fix the shut-down error???????

Post by anilnc »

Conman wrote:
Just because you are hit by a coconut while asleep under a coconut tree with a monkey perched on top doesn't mean that the monkey threw it. :mrgreen: (Professor Whatsisname)
:lol:

Even I got same problem after my 6.5.4 update. But after deleting the automap dlls and deleting the data folder of the cubase and start cubase, everything set right.

I had this issue only with 64bit version of cubase and not cubase 32bit version.

:)
i7 7700k 4.2Ghz, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 1050 2GB, Windows 10pro x64, Cubase 9.5.1, Cubasis 2, Cubase IC Pro, Halion 5, couple of third party vsts, RME UCX, Panaroma P4, PadKontrol, Nocturn, Triton.

Sonik

Re: Will Steinberg EVER fix the shut-down error???????

Post by Sonik »

Well, I don't have automap and I've some shut down errors sometimes on OSX with 6.5.4 version...
Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 5|Protools 2020.5|Cubase Pro 10.5.20|Wavelab 10.0.40|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (24 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete12 Ultimate|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 3|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum|ANA2|Korg Collection 2
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|Sonnox|Eventide|Oeksound

Tech-dance

Re: Novation Automap shut-down errors

Post by Tech-dance »

Well I don't have Automap and it's still happening here. I've renamed my plugins folder to Vstplugins.old and it's still doing it so can't really blame an old plug in this time! Running Cubase 6.54 in Windows 7 64 bit ny the way. If this were hardware it would probably be considered not fit for purpose, It's also doing the same in my dual boot installation of Windows 8 pro (32bit) (I've gone from a new clean installation of W7 (32bit) to W8 pro (32 bit) within a week). Sort it out Steinberg! This is not some cheap bit of software! Unacceptable!

What is the Steinberg tech support e-mail address?

bluetang

Post by bluetang »

Tech-dance wrote:Well I don't have Automap and it's still happening here. I've renamed my plugins folder to Vstplugins.old and it's still doing it so can't really blame an old plug in this time! Running Cubase 6.54 in Windows 7 64 bit ny the way. If this were hardware it would probably be considered not fit for purpose, It's also doing the same in my dual boot installation of Windows 8 pro (32bit) (I've gone from a new clean installation of W7 (32bit) to W8 pro (32 bit) within a week). Sort it out Steinberg! This is not some cheap bit of software! Unacceptable!

I, too, get the same application crash box upon exit from the latest update of Cubase 6 when using Novation Automap. You're telling me, Steinberg, that I have to stop using a program that worked flawlessly with your previous version of Cubase 6 because you can't round up your software guys into a room and announce this known issue and have them write a fix for it? Unfreakin-believable. This issues has been going on since August and it's still not fixed. You deflected and put the ball in Novation's court to fix it? Their software worked perfectly with yours until your update. Now they want us to buy Version 7. Seriously, this is beyond unacceptable Steinberg. We pay top dollar for your product and you let a known bug/error like this continue on for several months without an update to fix this glitch? I see only one reply from any rep from Steinberg in this thread. This is a golden opportunity for you to step up to the plate and provide a quick-fix update in the form of a download for those who have invested in your products.

Btw, this is not a PLAY issue; I use their libraries extensively with no problem and when EastWest has a confirmed glitch in their stuff, they promptly provide a downloadable fix. This is not a Novation issue; their Automap program worked fine with earlier versions of Cubase 6 for months and months. This is not a Mac issue. Not a Windows issue. This is a Steinberg issue that has cropped up since the update this summer and has now gone on too long.

Telogic

Post by Telogic »

bluetang wrote:
Tech-dance wrote:Well I don't have Automap and it's still happening here. I've renamed my plugins folder to Vstplugins.old and it's still doing it so can't really blame an old plug in this time! Running Cubase 6.54 in Windows 7 64 bit ny the way. If this were hardware it would probably be considered not fit for purpose, It's also doing the same in my dual boot installation of Windows 8 pro (32bit) (I've gone from a new clean installation of W7 (32bit) to W8 pro (32 bit) within a week). Sort it out Steinberg! This is not some cheap bit of software! Unacceptable!

I, too, get the same application crash box upon exit from the latest update of Cubase 6 when using Novation Automap. You're telling me, Steinberg, that I have to stop using a program that worked flawlessly with your previous version of Cubase 6 because you can't round up your software guys into a room and announce this known issue and have them write a fix for it? Unfreakin-believable. This issues has been going on since August and it's still not fixed. You deflected and put the ball in Novation's court to fix it? Their software worked perfectly with yours until your update. Now they want us to buy Version 7. Seriously, this is beyond unacceptable Steinberg. We pay top dollar for your product and you let a known bug/error like this continue on for several months without an update to fix this glitch? I see only one reply from any rep from Steinberg in this thread. This is a golden opportunity for you to step up to the plate and provide a quick-fix update in the form of a download for those who have invested in your products.

Btw, this is not a PLAY issue; I use their libraries extensively with no problem and when EastWest has a confirmed glitch in their stuff, they promptly provide a downloadable fix. This is not a Novation issue; their Automap program worked fine with earlier versions of Cubase 6 for months and months. This is not a Mac issue. Not a Windows issue. This is a Steinberg issue that has cropped up since the update this summer and has now gone on too long.
I too have same problem with cubase 6.5.4 and automap on mac osx ,i have tried every thing to resolve this issue, lets hope steinberg deal with this soon.
Cubase 8.0.10 mac pro 6 core 3.3ghz 16gb ram,MR816x ,cc121, Novation impulse, access virus, krk vxt speakers, UAD2 cards, Wavelab 8.05 many many plugin's and some old outboard and synths.
Telogic aka Logicaldream

Post by Guest »

you joking of course ? steinberg will not except any responsability for this big mess with automap ,thought it was cured by deleting the 3 automap files but it's back again and the only way i can possible get c6.5 to shut down is running it as admin and using the shutdown tab in the menu and not the icon and that solves it !

Return to “Older Cubase versions”